Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Core XR2 valve - for SupaEZ or Roberto

Forum for kitesurfers
pmaggie
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Gera Lario, Como Lake, Italy
Favorite Beaches: Lo Stagnone (Marsala, Sicily - Italy) - Soma Bay (Egipt) - Cabarete (Dom Rep.) - Kite beach (Maui)
Style: Freeride
Gear: Core XR4 11, Core Riot XR 7, Core Riot XR2 15, Flysurfer Speed 5 21, Flysurfer Sonic 3 13
Shinn Bronq 136x42, Shinn Bronq XL
Brand Affiliation: None

Core XR2 valve - for SupaEZ or Roberto

Postby pmaggie » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:04 am

Hi SupaEz and Roberto, two week ago I had a very short ride with my XR2 LW 15. I did not report since the session was too short and the conditions not so good, so I prefer to wait for an actual session before reporting.
I please have a question about the valve: once you've deflated the kite and you're folding it, do you keep the stick inside the valve? I'm afraid to do this because I think the valve will not eventually keep working if the membrane is forced to stay open while the kite in not in use. The other way, if I close the valve when I reach it folding the kite it's difficult to completely deflate.
How do you please proceed?

Thank you!!!

Paolo

jumarcil
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Bozo Beach
Gear: Core xr3: 7 and 9, escape 11m 2015, leopard 9 and 11
Has thanked: 0

Re: COre XR2 valve - for SupaEZ or Roberto

Postby jumarcil » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:38 am

pmaggie wrote:Hi SupaEz and Roberto, two week ago I had a very short ride with my XR2 LW 15. I did not report since the session was too short and the conditions not so good, so I prefer to wait for an actual session before reporting.
I please have a question about the valve: once you've deflated the kite and you're folding it, do you keep the stick inside the valve? I'm afraid to do this because I think the valve will not eventually keep working if the membrane is forced to stay open while the kite in not in use. The other way, if I close the valve when I reach it folding the kite it's difficult to completely deflate.

Thank you!!!

Paolo
On my xr2 ; I put the little stick inside and let most of the pressure out, after I leave it in and fold each side; i Roll it to the middle from each end, Once this is done; I fold it in three , once this is done; I put my hand in and take out the stick .

There is no way that you can fold it with the stick out it wont deflate.

thats it.
Jules

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:30 pm

jumarcil wrote:
pmaggie wrote:Hi SupaEz and Roberto, two week ago I had a very short ride with my XR2 LW 15. I did not report since the session was too short and the conditions not so good, so I prefer to wait for an actual session before reporting.

Thank you!!!

Paolo
On my xr2 ; I put the little stick inside and let most of the pressure out, after I leave it in and fold each side; i Roll it to the middle from each end, Once this is done; I fold it in three , once this is done; I put my hand in and take out the stick .

There is no way that you can fold it with the stick out it wont deflate.

thats it.
Jules
Very well said...i do exactly like that also :thumb:

pmaggie
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Lo Stagnone (Marsala, Sicily - Italy) - Soma Bay (Egipt) - Cabarete (Dom Rep.) - Kite beach (Maui)
Gear: Core XR4 11, Core Riot XR 7, Core Riot XR2 15, Flysurfer Speed 5 21, Flysurfer Sonic 3 13

Postby pmaggie » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:14 pm

Thanks for the answers guys. You do exactly as I did. Let me say it was easier to pack with the old double valve...
The best solution are two different valves, one for inflating and another one (with no membrane) for deflating, as seen on many other brands kite. The new Core one works but is definitively not the most convenient I've ever tried :D

robertovillate
Very Frequent Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby robertovillate » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:00 pm

pmaggie wrote:Thanks for the answers guys. You do exactly as I did. Let me say it was easier to pack with the old double valve...
The best solution are two different valves, one for inflating and another one (with no membrane) for deflating, as seen on many other brands kite. The new Core one works but is definitively not the most convenient I've ever tried :D
I echo jumarcil's response on this one.

I usually leave my struts inflated 90% of the time, roll the kites up and store in long rip-stop sleeves and keep them in my van. When I deflate I usually insert the stick, roll one end into the middle, then roll up my lines while the remaining air is exhausted, and then roll the other end into the middle. (I've done this with all kites in the past). I press down on the LE a little as I get to the middle strut to get all the air out, but there is not much resistance. At a certain point of low air pressure the flapper will not close, so the last volumes of air can escape without the stick inserted.

I always try to remember to remove the stick, but sometimes forget. I was worried that leaving it in would compromise the flapper, but it has not so far...but still I try to remove the stick after I've squeezed the last bits of air out, just in case. I have not used the kites in sub-freezing temps yet so I don't know if the flap will get too stiff if the stick is left in, but better to just remove it I imagine.

As for having 2 valves...meh...I'm perfectly happy with the single valve...the more valves the more complication IMO..."LESS is MORE"

Hope you love the 15 as much as I do!

pmaggie
Very Frequent Poster

Postby pmaggie » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:02 am

robertovillate wrote: When I deflate I usually insert the stick, roll one end into the middle, then roll up my lines while the remaining air is exhausted, and then roll the other end into the middle. - At a certain point of low air pressure the flapper will not close, so the last volumes of air can escape without the stick inserted.
Roberto, two important things I couldn't figure out by myself, thanks a lot, it's always very important to talk with expert instructors. That's why I love the forum, I can learn something every day!! And that's also the reason why every season I take two or three lessons from an IKO instructor, no matter the level I reached.

Thanks again!

robertovillate
Very Frequent Poster
Been thanked: 0

Re: Core XR2 valve - for SupaEZ or Roberto

Postby robertovillate » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:50 pm

prego Paolo, prego

Return to “Kitesurfing”