Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Warning. Fake web site selling EPIC kites.

Forum for kitesurfers
Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES
Has thanked: 0

Warning. Fake web site selling EPIC kites.

Postby Dimitri M » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:46 pm

Hello Everyone,
My name is Dimitri Maramenides owner of EPIC kites the reason I am posting this on a new topic is because I have had a lot of people calling or e-mailing me about an online web store that is selling EPIC KITES at very cheap prices. A word of warning, we don't know who this company is, and they are not an authorized dealer of ours. We have sent them few emails to remove the Epic product from their page but they have not respond to any of our emails.
They are out of India and have registered this in Australia. They look to be mostly serving Asia customers and they are hiding behind some third party registration for the domain name.
We highly doubt that the products are legitimate. Please be aware because we have had few customers paying for their orders and not receiving it. This is their web site: http://www.terangbumi.com/en/32-epic
So please be careful from where you are ordering your EPIC kites.
Thank you for your time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bonjour à tous,
C' est Dimitri Maramenides le propriétaire des kites EPIC. La raison pour laquelle je poste se message, c'est parce que j'ai eu beaucoup de gens qui m'appellent ou m'envois des emails au sujet d'un magasin en ligne qui vend des kites EPIC à des prix très bas. Un mot d'avertissement, nous ne savons pas qui est cette société, et ils ne sont pas un dealer EPIC. Je leurs ai envoyé quelques mails pour retirer le produit Epic de leur page, mais ils n'ont pas répondu à aucune de nos e-mails.
Ils sont hors de l'Inde et ont enregistré ce en Australie. Ils ont l'air d'être la plupart du temps au service des clients en Asie et ils se cachent derrière un enregistrement par un tiers du nom de domaine.
Nous doutons fortement que les produits sont légitimes. S'il vous plaît être conscient que nous avons eu quelques clients qui ont payer pour leurs commandes et ne les ont pas recu.
Voila leur site web: http://www.terangbumi.com/en/32-epic
Alors s'il vous plaît soyez prudent de l'endroit où vous commandez vos kites EPIC.
Merci pour votre temps.
Last edited by Dimitri M on Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Re: WARNING. Fake web site selling EPIC kites.

Postby Dimitri M » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:51 pm

I did post this in few internet forums just to make sure you guys are aware of what is going on.
This is a message I just got from some one:
......because I think it's important for others to see it. I just returned a phone call this morning from my friend, Ryan, who left a message on my voicemail 2 days ago. He asked me, "Do you happen to know anyone with Epic Kites?" I told him that I did and he said he had ordered a 2012 Screamer for around $850 online. His card was charged twice and he has still not received the kite. Thankfully, his bank cleared up the double charge but he has still paid for a product he has not received. The company has not responded to a single email he has sent. The company is in Indonesia and when you call the number they provide, he told me they only respond by saying, "Sorry, no English." I told him I was certain it was not an authorized dealer as Epic has a very good reputation and to please give me the website because I wanted to let you know about it. He provided me with the same website you have posted here. He is reporting the company with this website and I would strongly suggest anyone else having dealings with them do so as well. You're awesome, Dimitri! I think it's great that you post this and look after your customers ..........
So once again please be careful where you order your EPIC kites from.
:thumb:

POACHER
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Gear: *

Re: WARNING. Fake web site selling EPIC kites.

Postby POACHER » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:08 pm

Thanks for the link! I just scored a Screamer 10 LTD for $799 complete!! :crazy2:
Oh yeah, I can get a Yamaha 4 stroke 250hp outboard for $12k too!
I love that website! I can't wait for my new gear to show up!
:duh:
EPIC facepalm.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Warning. Fake web site selling EPIC kites.

Postby Dimitri M » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:25 pm

Thanks for the link! I just scored a Screamer 10 LTD for $799 complete!! :crazy2:
Oh yeah, I can get a Yamaha 4 stroke 250hp outboard for $12k too!
I love that website! I can't wait for my new gear to show up!
:duh:
EPIC facepalm.
They finally shut down their web site after sending them so many emails asking them to remove all EPIC products from their web site, since they were not an EPIC dealer. So Mr.POACHER, good luck with your new SCREAMER 10 ltd.

Return to “Kitesurfing”