kiter666
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Big size wetshoes (EUR 49-50), thickness 5-7mm

Postby kiter666 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:03 pm

Hello

I have pretty big feet. The size varies depending on the brand of shoe, but is usually in the 48-50 region (in the UK that would be 13-14, and in the US it would be 14-15). That's the length. Next comes the width. They are wide.

I have tried the following boots:

Mystic boot II size 49. Width is good, they are pretty wide shoes. Lamentably they are one size to small in length. Another thing with these boots is that the neoprene over the feet themselves are thinner, probably 3mm. Only the ankle neoprene is 5.
Ascan titan size 47-48. These are way to narrow, and one size to short.

I know that big boots exists, however just because say, neil pryde manufacture this particular boot doesn't mean I can get it. There has to be a retailer willing to take in these big size shoes, which can be a risk since they might not sell them that easily. So i would like to get some tips on good brands and models, but also the names on retailers that are well stocked in the right sizes. The retailer should preferably be located in Europe.

The reason for the thickness, is that i surf way up north where the winters are mighty cold.

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Re: Big size wetshoes (EUR 49-50), thickness 5-7mm

Postby Kamikuza » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:38 am

Hyperflex? My US12's fit perfectly... try wetsuitwearhouse.com

pj sofine
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Style: silly
Gear: naish pivots 9,11, rpm 7,8,10,12 cf raptor ltd 136,140

Postby pj sofine » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:41 am

Just purchased neilpyrde size 14 from my local shop.I was shocked he had them in stock.Could have fit in size 13, they seem to run true to size.Sorry I'm in U.S.
Attachments
ccccc 003.jpg
ccccc 002.jpg

robertovillate
Very Frequent Poster

Postby robertovillate » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:55 am

Kamikuza wrote:Hyperflex? My US12's fit perfectly... try wetsuitwearhouse.com
ditto...definitely check them out

My shoe size is only 9, but the Hyperflex Amp boots are great (my booties have lasted over 3 years of regular use) and Wetsuit Wearhouse is awesome. I just got a new supply of booties, gloves, and other accessories - one of which is a Hyperflex poly fleece uni-suit base layer. I prefer the split toe high tops, some people like the full boot so you can wear a thermal sock underneath...probably warmer for the really cold water.

WSWH has a great staff for phone support. They have a toll free number from the US, and an international number as well. Worth a call if you have any questions. Ordering and return policies are very user friendly as well. They have board wax and wetsuit repair products as well.

BigOne
Rare Poster

Postby BigOne » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:47 pm

Gul have UK12 and UK 13 boots, and they are pretty wide.

http://www.gul.com/boots/1/

Return to “Kitesurfing”