Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Is it possible to do a handle pass if you are big?

Forum for kitesurfers
gingerfinger
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Is it possible to do a handle pass if you are big?

Postby gingerfinger » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:47 pm

Pls post a picture or video or even just let me know if u are near my size or bigger and have done an air pass!!! I'm 105kg and 190cm and been trying a blind judge for 3 years. I'm now seriously thinking it is a matter of physics and not technique... If only I could see someone else my size do one or hear of it it would keep me trying for another 3 years! Otherwise I might chop my legs off to loose size.

I ride north vegas and tried freeride and wakestyle settings with no luck. Is there a kite out there that makes air passing easier??

Thanks!

ChickenTikka
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Thailand
Bol, Croatia
Mui. Ne Vietnam
Tarifa
Leucate
Gear: Looking to change up!

Re: Is it possible to do a handle pass if you are big???????

Postby ChickenTikka » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:52 pm

I've seen a swiss guy who weighs 95 kgs do one.

gingerfinger
Rare Poster

Re: Is it possible to do a handle pass if you are big???????

Postby gingerfinger » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:55 pm

Great. Another 10kg to go. Keep them coming!!!! Is the swiss part the key?

dyyylan
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: N/A

Re: Is it possible to do a handle pass if you are big?

Postby dyyylan » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:39 am

I don't want to sound rude but maybe it's because you are out of shape?

edt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Michigan
Gear: ride hard, no regrets

Postby edt » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:44 am

dyyylan wrote:I don't want to sound rude but maybe it's because you are out of shape?
good grief it's only a blind judge not a mobe 5 anyone can do it.

there's lots of stuff he might be doing wrong, not dropping the head, not pulling in hard enough to the front hip, kite might be too high making the pass difficult, he might be letting his arms get pulled straight so when the pass is supposed to happen the bar is too far away, his legs might not be bent enough so he can't twist his hips, might not be landing directly downwind he might not be spinning far enough around, he might be going for the pass too early so the bar gets pulled out of his hands, maybe his weight isn't balanced

longwhitecloud
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Master Baiter. Oracle of windsport.
Gear: 2 sets of Flysurfer VMGs 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 15, 18. Foilboards ( Masts 75 90 110 125 Wings 880 950 1100 1350 1750) all with Ronix Ones attached. Soon to retire to Wingfoiling.

Postby longwhitecloud » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:55 am

friend mike could do pull ups at 100kg and most of the blind landing stuff, some feat for sure! and weight down now due to excessive surfing. for sure some tricks not so easy, i reckon heavy riders should use their weight to ride super powerful/ own style own tricks - looks so much better than a 65kg doing feather looking parachute air passes even if kite low! Another friend fully powered blind judge @ 45! + a whole host of other stuff.

get into suping? many of my friends have become unbelievably skinny but fit and strong in last 2 years from doing this, down from the 100s...

bit of a sketchy one he did @3 mins 4 years ago

TheJoe
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Texas city levee, Galveston, El Jardine and Crystal beach.
Style: Freeride, Foil, Surf, a lil freestyle
Gear: North Reach 7,9,12
Brunotti TT
Moses 633/483
Dwarfcraft Micro

Postby TheJoe » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:36 am

First off a there is no handle pass in a blind judge. If you pass you land revert not blind sorry but just because you do a wake trick with a kite does not mean you get to change its name.

Ok so your basically trying a backside handle pass. First you are going to need more power to get better slack in your lines. Throw the railey but instead of fully extendening it start pulling to your front hip. Railey should look more like a krypt. Make sure you pull hard into your rotation.

You might have better luck trying front side 360's at first they are easier to learn. Or practice by doing ollie's to blind.

longwhitecloud
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Master Baiter. Oracle of windsport.
Gear: 2 sets of Flysurfer VMGs 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 15, 18. Foilboards ( Masts 75 90 110 125 Wings 880 950 1100 1350 1750) all with Ronix Ones attached. Soon to retire to Wingfoiling.

Postby longwhitecloud » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:08 am

whats what some kiteboarders call a blind judge 3 in wakeboarding? a bs 313?

so a blind judge is a railky to blind in wakeboarding.

i was aware that in wakeboarding - whether u pass the bar in the air or not doesn't make a difference to trick name - ie what some kiteboarders call back to wrap is actually just a back mobe.

i got any of this right? it does seem a bit stupid kiteboarding making up new names for trick with wakeboarding names already.

TheJoe
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Texas city levee, Galveston, El Jardine and Crystal beach.
Style: Freeride, Foil, Surf, a lil freestyle
Gear: North Reach 7,9,12
Brunotti TT
Moses 633/483
Dwarfcraft Micro

Postby TheJoe » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:36 am

longwhitecloud wrote:whats what some kiteboarders call a blind judge 3 in wakeboarding? a bs 313?

so a blind judge is a railky to blind in wakeboarding.

i was aware that in wakeboarding - whether u pass the bar in the air or not doesn't make a difference to trick name - ie what some kiteboarders call back to wrap is actually just a back mobe.

i got any of this right? it does seem a bit stupid kiteboarding making up new names for trick with wakeboarding names already.
Pretty much your on the money. I guess they figure they wanted to make things just that much more complicated.

Brent4336
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Brent4336 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:44 am

Everything is more impressive when a big guy pulls it off well. Shannon Best is no lightweight and his riding is awesome for it.

Return to “Kitesurfing”