Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Light wind kite comments please

Forum for kitesurfers
kite_crazy66
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Since I started kiting I have been travelling... so you could say my local beaches are: Big Bay (Cape Town), Woody's (Perth), Lancelin, Geraldton (WA), Crissy, 3rd Ave, Sherman Island, Da'hab (Egypt)
Style: freestyle and old school
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: Light wind kite comments please

Postby kite_crazy66 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:04 pm

Speaking of light wind kites, this video just came out last week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Il4XmJ9 ... r_embedded

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:09 pm

This is not quite last week, but still out there.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llBhwMbQN1Q

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012
Has thanked: 0

Postby Westozzy » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:52 am

Wondering why the lithium 14m LW never gets a mention in these posts. 8 to 18 knots, for a lighter rider, all you need with the right board selection. We always talk about the 17m, etc, but with a sector and a lighter rider surely this is an option? What about the big mama also, not mentioned. ? Always the fat lady, zephyr the edge etc.

joriws
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Flysurfer, HQ, Moses, Nobile, North, Ozone

Postby joriws » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:01 am

Westozzy wrote:Wondering why the lithium 14m LW never gets a mention in these posts. 8 to 18 knots, for a lighter rider, all you need with the right board selection. We always talk about the 17m, etc, but with a sector and a lighter rider surely this is an option? What about the big mama also, not mentioned. ? Always the fat lady, zephyr the edge etc.
I think requester requested information on 4 different kites (original post). Probably because the availability at his kiting region. Otherwise I'd have replied that Speed3 15m kicks ass of North Dyno 16m and as wind picks up Dyno turns big quite early. And in that wind (8kn and up) and light rider you could even use Speed3 12m DLX. But it was not asked :)

Return to “Kitesurfing”