Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

EpicKites (3rd Generation. 3G kites)

Forum for kitesurfers
Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES
Has thanked: 0

Re: EpicKites (3rd Generation. 3G kites)

Postby Dimitri M » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:16 pm

That's the wrong DIMITRI :naughty:

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:08 pm

I've seen pics of much higher jumps from Dimitri, ..a bunch of them.
But Murphy's Law always kicks in when you get a camera rolling and try to jump something steel and really painful....next thing you know, you get knocked the f**k out!!!
There are some duck blinds in the Laguna Madre Flats in Corpus Christi that get jumped now and then, at least they are made of wood and not built super solid sturdy....not that it would be fun to plow into one while jumping it. :-?

chirojoseph
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: All of Quintana Roo Mexico
Style: wave kite, wave FOIL kite
Gear: zeeko, Shinn, Fone, SShot, Naish, AXIS surfboards
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby chirojoseph » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:29 pm

Just wanted to give a quick shout of thanx to Helen and Dimitri for making it really simple to get to TRY (with Mickey of PDC kiteboarding) the V2 Renegade 13mt and then purchase and get one down to me in Mexico (in itself no easy feat sometimes.) Quick and painless customer service is always a breath of fresh air when you live where we do. jeje..

Im replacing my RRD 12 obsession after almost 4 years of riding that model as my "light wind" kite. Since Im almost exclusively on a big surfboard trying to slide down any wave I can find (yet another difficult task considering where I live) I wanted a BIT more surface area with a lighter airframe and lighter bar pressure.

Will post later once we finally get some good winds to discover its high end. For now I can say I love the geometry, im impressed that the kite turns so rigidly (doesnt distort) with only three super skinny struts, I dig the simple little SSRing "pulleys" and im glad that SOMEBODY still believes in putting handles for self rescue (Epic just basically made the TE wingtip bridal deflectors extra beefy so you could use them as handles.)

Pray for wind!

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:58 pm

This is my 10 year old son Cameron Maramenides after getting out from school testing the RACER 11 kite with a custom race board in on shore winds 9 to 13 knots .
Ok, now it's time to get his school homework done.

P.S. I wish my dad was like that :( :(
Attachments
DSC_0004.jpg
1.jpg
DSC_0042 5.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg
DSC_0031 2.jpg
DSC_0028 1.jpg
DSC_0037 4.jpg

ed257
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ed257 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:10 am

I picked up an almost new Epic 10 LTD a few weeks ago and finally got to try it today. Although I have owned some good boosting kites before including Best Nemesis HP and Waroo Pro - the Epic 10 LTD is a rocket ship that is in a league of its own. This thing should be sold with oxygen tanks. OMG...

I was on this 10 (190 lbs) and Shinn Monk, and everyone else at my spot was on 12-13. Everyone was asking what kite I had and its size. What is interesting is that it feels like a 9 or 10 in many ways, but when you want power for boosting or going fast its there....and it was blowing only 15-20 today. I can't wait to get the LTD in 25 knots. I better fasten my seat belt.

Ed

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:53 am

My 3G S10 kite has huge range.
And the best jumping kite I've ever been on, no doubt.
Glad you were able to get one and get in on the fun!! :thumb:

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:20 pm

I picked up an almost new Epic 10 LTD a few weeks ago and finally got to try it today. Although I have owned some good boosting kites before including Best Nemesis HP and Waroo Pro - the Epic 10 LTD is a rocket ship that is in a league of its own. This thing should be sold with oxygen tanks. OMG...
I was on this 10 (190 lbs) and Shinn Monk, and everyone else at my spot was on 12-13. Everyone was asking what kite I had and its size. What is interesting is that it feels like a 9 or 10 in many ways, but when you want power for boosting or going fast its there....and it was blowing only 15-20 today. I can't wait to get the LTD in 25 knots. I better fasten my seat belt.

Ed
And get an OXYGEN MASK in case.
Attachments
Oxygen Mask for SCREAMER kites.jpg
Oxygen Mask for SCREAMER kites.jpg (136.81 KiB) Viewed 2158 times

Drew22
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Tpa

Postby Drew22 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:01 pm

I cant say enough good things about my Renegades. I had a small issue with my valve and after emailing Dimitiri it wasn't even an issue he took care of it sent the part to me and ill be back on the water in no time. I really cant say enough about the customer service or the kites.

Kurt
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: 08' 10m HP
09' 12m HP
'07 17m Waroo Pro
'10 17m Ozone Zephyr
135x42 Custom board

Postby Kurt » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:54 am

I looked at buying a 10 ltd when they first came out - demoed it a few times. It was no where near as good as the 10HP at the time - not even close. Put me off to be honest. I am keen to try the newer kites in particular screamers and the infinity as I am in the market but we have representation here anywhere in Queensland to even look at them.

Geronimo79
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride
Gear: Epic Kites and Arise and Hyperflex
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites and Arise

Postby Geronimo79 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:12 pm

I can see what you mean with the first 10m LTD, i hated it myself. But i also had a 12 and 9m that flew completely different which i loved. Simple reason they are a little easier to jump and fly because of the profile difference. The Limited 10m's are meant for better skilled riders they need a much more precise timing and a better technique. In the 2010 Limited i tried and tried but i just couldnt really get it.
But if you really did the right thing you got rewarded big time.

The 2011 also has a different profile but its not THAT hard anymore to time and either my technique got better or it lets you get away with more but it jumps easier too.
Still the normal screamers are easier and i still prefer them but i have great sessions with it. A lot of the testers like this kite alot but also with this kite the better your timing + technique you get rewarded with exceptional high jumps and insane hangtime. (when flysurfer guys walk to you and compliment you on your hangtime... you did something right)

The 3G i havent tried yet, but heared alot of positive reaction.

So basic point. Test the LTD but also a normal screamer they fly different and require a different skill level to truly take full advantage off the kite. (but after a few sessions the 10 gets more familiar too and its a fun learning curve with the kite)

Return to “Kitesurfing”