Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

2013's When???

Forum for kitesurfers
John Doe
Medium Poster
Gear: The cheap kind.

2013's When???

Postby John Doe » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:09 am

When do the 2013 models come out? I know it depends on the brand a little;)

C Johnson
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Seattle / Hood River
Style: Freeride, Surf, Foil
Gear: whatever I want
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 2013's When???

Postby C Johnson » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:13 am

now

Jbrook
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Jbrook » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:57 am

Should be in 2013 thus making it 2013. Anything before is well.... 2012? Haha such a play on words and numbers. :bye: :roll:

Brent4336
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Brent4336 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:23 pm

No 2013 parks at REAL yet. They are elsewhere, but not yet at REAL...

Kinda interested in Nuzzo's video review of the new park. If you watch his review of the 2012 it is funny how all the points for improvement he makes are almost exactly what the naish marketing materials say was addressed in 2013.

Guess Naish put some stock in the power of Nuzzo's opinion!

Haven't heard anything from Slingy on the RPM or Fuel, just the Rally.

Best stuff is out, LF stuff is out, Cab stuff is out, or at least all the info is. Bandit 6 info is out.

North info is out.

John-B
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Troon Scotland
Favorite Beaches: Pigs Bay El Medano
Style: Having fun!
Gear: 2017 Airush Union 6/9/12 and 135 Shinn Ronson
Brand Affiliation: Airush/Shinn

Postby John-B » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:37 pm

Airush - done!

Been on my 2013 Razors about a month now. Their new Kite to the line-up called the Wave is pretty special and not just in waves - real killer across the board and not heard a bad thing about it.

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Peter_Frank » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:38 pm

Jbrook wrote:Should be in 2013 thus making it 2013. Anything before is well.... 2012? Haha such a play on words and numbers. :bye: :roll:
Exactly !

Any kite that is released/sold in 2012 IS a 2012 kite, nothing that can ever change that - everything else is just PR and word/number manipulation :-?

So it would be better to ask about a specific brand - when will they release the "next" kite model ? :naughty:

As it depends on brand - and makes no sense to put a year on the kite, as most brands are bullshitting this anyway and releasing way before time so their kite will be "old models" next year actually ( :o ), in order to get us users to think they are waaaay ahead in R&D and miles ahead of all others, by calling their next kite a "2000 and now + some years" if they could :lol:

Hilarious, as it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, if one think about it for a while :rollgrin:

:D Peter

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:00 pm

Peter_Frank wrote: Any kite that is released/sold in 2012 IS a 2012 kite, nothing that can ever change that - everything else is just PR and word/number manipulation :-?

So it would be better to ask about a specific brand - when will they release the "next" kite model ? :naughty:

As it depends on brand - and makes no sense to put a year on the kite, as most brands are bullshitting this anyway and releasing way before time so their kite will be "old models" next year actually ( :o ), in order to get us users to think they are waaaay ahead in R&D and miles ahead of all others, by calling their next kite a "2000 and now + some years" if they could :lol:

Hilarious, as it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, if one think about it for a while :rollgrin:

that is silly...why does it matter? really...it is just a number. If they just say this is the 5th gen it is up to customers to figure out when it was made. EH did not put any info on the kite on which edition the kite was...well then when you buy used...or an older model from a shop, you really did not know what you get....this because they were against putting a year on the kite..it was just sort of evolving.

If you put which version it is then customers have to calculate when it was released...at least when there is a year attached you have an approximate value.

If a company releases 2013 in summer of 2013 most people here will assume it is last years model because we are used to their release schedule...but when it comes down to it it is just a FRIGGIN number. As long as people know what they are buying it does not matter what vehicle is used to transfer that piece of information.

For customers it is WAY WAY WAY better to know what they are riding.

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Peter_Frank » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:01 am

I agree that a year number is fine, to get an idea what "age" a kite has.

What I find hilarious is the "race" in order to release a kite as early as possible, and call it "next year" :rollgrin:
As it will actually be a kite with less evolution than the later ones :wink:

To be fair though, and not just use the year number when released - I would say, that when releasing a kite per year, one could say that if a kite is released after June, it will be "next years model", as it will be present mostly next year.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:16 am

Peter_Frank wrote:I agree that a year number is fine, to get an idea what "age" a kite has.

What I find hilarious is the "race" in order to release a kite as early as possible, and call it "next year" :rollgrin:
As it will actually be a kite with less evolution than the later ones :wink:

To be fair though, and not just use the year number when released - I would say, that when releasing a kite per year, one could say that if a kite is released after June, it will be "next years model", as it will be present mostly next year.

Right, and I do guess that if they did not include the year there would be less pressure to release models, each year, but on the other hand these are businesses and they do need an income too :-)

Oh well. Water awaits.

wetdog
Medium Poster

Postby wetdog » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:57 pm

Brent4336 wrote: Best stuff is out, LF stuff is out, Cab stuff is out, or at least all the info is. Bandit 6 info is out.

North info is out.

RRD and Takoon stuff is out.

Return to “Kitesurfing”