Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

EpicKites (3rd Generation. 3G kites)

Forum for kitesurfers
Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES
Has thanked: 0

Re: EpicKites (3rd Generation. 3G kites)

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:16 pm

I looked at buying a 10 ltd when they first came out - demoed it a few times. It was no where near as good as the 10HP at the time - not even close. Put me off to be honest. I am keen to try the newer kites in particular screamers and the infinity as I am in the market but we have representation here anywhere in Queensland to even look at them.
Hello Mr.Kurt,
Thank you for your interest in the EPIC kites. By the way Queensland is an amazing place.
We do have few selective dealers in Australia, but as you probably know Australia is huge.
You can check on our www.epickites.com "DEALER" page to find which one is the nearest you. Or you can always email me directly at: dimitri@epickites.com so I can further assist you.
But once again we have sold lots of EPIC product directly from our "Online Store" to Queensland, Perth, Darwin, Melbourne, Sydney and few other places . All I need to know is your riding style and what conditions you kite in. Plus how much you weight and what other equipment you use such as kites, board and so on. Than it will be very easy for me to choose the kite that is perfect for what you are looking for.
Once again, thank you very much for your interest in the EPIC kites.
:thumb:

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:55 pm

The 3G Screamer 10 LTD is a very different kite from the 2010 and 2011 versions, which were very similar to each other.
The 3G S10 shape is different, it flies different, turns different, more forgiving than regular Screamers instead of being less forgiving. In the 2010/2011 model years, I would rather have the regular Screamer models, ...in the 3G versions, the Screamer 10 is the size that I definitely prefer.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:14 pm

It is very hard to please every body and this is the reason why we came up with different models, . So we can try to please every body's riding style.
But again we never stop on trying to improve what we have now, it is a never ending story.
On another note, this video is about big guys testing the INFINITY v2 light wind kite. Let's hear what they have to say.
:naughty:

YOUTUBE:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OidntL_89v8

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:58 pm

ROLLER OVER HEAD BAG from EpicKites.
The Roller Over Head Bag is the newest edition to the Epic travel accessory line that will have you rolling across airport hallways with ease and style. This feature packed bag is designed to fit into the overhead bins of the most common airplanes. If you can't decide what to bring on your trip - bring it all! The bag splits into two so that it can be stow in the overhead as well as under your seat for easy access to your laptop or MP3 player.
The telescoping handle keeps your hands free while the exterior pockets keep your travel documents snug and secure. Ergonomic dual handles allow for easy carrying and make tossing it in the trunk a cinch. (see video for more details)

Features
• Legal carry on size for most airlines
• Exterior organizer pockets
• Retractable handle

Size
23L x 12H x 8"W [ 55 x 30 x 20cm ] NORMAL
23L x 16H x 8"W [ 55 x 40 x 20cm ] MAXIMUM

Weight
4.7 lbs. [ 2.1kg ]

giBiLatoR
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Wellington Point, Brisbane, QLD Australia.
Style: Face first - Anything with a kiteloop
Gear: 2x 2012 Epic Screamer LTD 10m
2012 Epic Screamer 7m
2010 Naish Torch 12M
Mystic Warrior III
F-One Acid IV 130x39 (50mm fins)
Underground Steeze 136 w/ Cab Sync bindings (30mm fins)
Underground Crypt 132x40 (30mm fins)
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby giBiLatoR » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:41 pm

Kurt wrote:I looked at buying a 10 ltd when they first came out - demoed it a few times. It was no where near as good as the 10HP at the time - not even close. Put me off to be honest. I am keen to try the newer kites in particular screamers and the infinity as I am in the market but we have representation here anywhere in Queensland to even look at them.
Hey Kurt my name is josh.

I reside in Brisbane and fly screamers. Have 2x 3g 10 ltds and a 7. If you Wanda come have a sticky beak or a little test more then welcome man give me a call on the number I pm'd you.

Josh

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:49 am

Josh :mosh: :yourock:

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:42 am

Poster: giBiLatoR
Hey Kurt my name is josh.
I reside in Brisbane and fly screamers. Have 2x 3g 10 ltds and a 7. If you Wanda come have a sticky beak or a little test more then welcome man give me a call on the number I pm'd you.
Josh
Thank you Josh, that was very nice of you. :thumb:

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012

Postby Westozzy » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:45 pm

Heading to Lancelin Western Australia this December ( I live in wa) there is a crew there that deal with the epic kites. Can't wait to hook up a demo on the 3G screamer and compared it to my Varial x kites. Better not be be too much better or it is quiver change time again. Ha ha ha

windsuks
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf/old school
Gear: Airush/North/Ozone/RRD

Postby windsuks » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:15 pm

Those Screamers have some wang to them!
Take my breath away ;-)

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:29 pm

Those Screamers have some wang to them!
Take my breath away ;-)
Yes that is true and this is what happens when you fly the SCREAMER models.
In this picture the F.A.A. gave me a hard time because of getting into their air space.
Attachments
IMG_3297.jpg

Return to “Kitesurfing”