Rare Poster
Gear: Park
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Naish Park vs SS Rally

Postby owen » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:52 pm

Hi
I need some help regarding choosing the right kite in between Park and Rally. I have the last couple of years sailed Naish Park and been very happy with them. I have sailed most freestyle and a little bit of waves. Now I have chosen mainly to sail waves strapless and has ordered a skater in size 5 * 9 I weigh 85 kg and have been well covered with 12,9,7 - 2012 park for freestyle. I have heard Rally would be better to waves and is considering to change. Will it be a better choice? and what 3 sizes will you choose? Or will it be a better choice to continue with the Park 2013 (The old kites have been sold to a friend), I have heard the new Park has become more freestyle?

hope you can help :thumb:

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Naish Park vs SS Rally

Postby tautologies » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:51 pm

I cannot give you any comparison. I love my parks for waves. I have been riding the 12, 10, 9 and 8 in waves (the 8 only barely) and they did change the park up quite a bit this year IMO. The kite will go drift down the line better, turning feel similar in speed, but the kite feel a little tighter. Like it is a more even pull through the loop. It feels more powerful, but looks a little smaller.

I think most people will recommend the kite they are on (which is a good sign for either of the kites), so you'd probably do well on either one, but the park for waves is absolutely super fun.

The wind range and stability also feel improved. Me and my buddies are waiting for a good day to test the new ones side by side with the old one... right now it is "only" surfing here...

Skater is a killer series. Are you getting the 2012 or 2013? If you have cash floating around also get the 2012 4'8''..or maybe you can negotiate price if you're getting kites also...it is such a fun little skateboard. but the bigger ones should definitely be the main one. :-)

kite252
Medium Poster

Postby kite252 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:05 pm

Not to further complicate your decision but if you are looking at a kite primarily for wave riding I would consider the Cabrinha Drifter as well. I have a 9 and 11m and love them. Super fast pivotal turning and fall back in the wind window really well when riding waves. Similar to the park and rally, as a basic 3 strut design. But, if you have to choose between the rally and park, I would go with the rally as I think slingshot has better construction quality than naish.

tony montana
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: naples fl
Favorite Beaches: naples fl
Style: waverider
Gear: north
Brand Affiliation: north nash cabrina any kite with a safety system that works i mean works

Postby tony montana » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:31 pm

i have naish parks 8 10 14 only wave ride,had a lot of kites but parks are the best so far,after a full season like new 250 plus sessions.replaced one depower rope four short bridle lines,thats it, and i usually up grade every year,i like these kites so much i am weary about getting new quiver,and there good for another season,hope 2013 are as good,you have had 2012 so you know there good,cant go wrong with parks,TONY

windyway
Frequent Poster
Gear: .......

Postby windyway » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:16 am

owen wrote: I have heard Rally would be better to waves and is considering to change.
Both the Park and the Rally may have moved away from waves and toward a more powerful freestyle kite.
Don't pull the trigger until you try the Naish Ride also.

FredBGG
Very Frequent Poster

Postby FredBGG » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:09 am

Both are great kites in the waves.
I'm riding Parks, but I ride with guys that are on Rally's and Parks.
Among them are some outstanding riders.
All very happy with our kites.

One thing I have noticed though is that the lull survival rate of the Rally is not quite as good as the Park, same goes for getting out in wind shadowed launch areas.

Both are very fast with the Rally being just a bit more responsive from what I can see.

Bigger Rally's seem to lose the magic more than big Parks.

lander
Frequent Poster

Postby lander » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:29 pm

I have only tried the 2012 equipment, but for sure you have nailed the best out. As I see it the Skater for sure is the best production board out there. The 2013 will have concave on top and be even better for strapless. Regarding kites the Rally 2012 is amazing for waves when strapless. Beats the park, the reo, the drifter, the whatever. Huge windrange, dump deepower, fast turning, drift well, no pull In turn so you stay on the wave. The Park is better for overall freeride/freestyle riding though.

owen
Rare Poster
Gear: Park

Postby owen » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:22 pm

Thanks for the responses which strangely enough has not made ​​it that easier;-) I was actually pretty sure it would be SS rally, because I was sure it was much more surf-oriented than the Park. I know of course that the Park work well but figured that the rally was somewhat better (exactly as Lander describes) And I love the idea of ​​being free of pullys. Maybe the new edtion of the two are not as different as I had figured :-/ The good thing is, as I understand it, both kites are great kites :-)

I'm happy that my choice of board is the right choice :-)

doublerumandcoke
Frequent Poster

Postby doublerumandcoke » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:55 pm

Owen,
For sizes you can stay 7,9,12 as 2013 Rally's have a 7m this year. I think as the RALLY is a delta it's going to relauch alot faster and has Splitstrut to handle the beatings in the waves when you don't manage a quick releaunch.

DRC

herbert
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Kailua
Style: directional
Gear: RRD

Postby herbert » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:33 pm

Since the Naish Ride was mentioned in this thread....I have the following question: On the Naish website the Park 12 is listed under specs as having a wind range of 11 to 23 knots. The Naish Ride 12 is listed as having a range of 14 to 27 knots. Why is this? I thought a same size Ride was lighter, would fly in a lower wind and have greater low end pull when sheeted in? At least that is what other discussions imply. I understand the Park can sine better....but still, overall, would not a same size Ride pull more at 12 knots than a Park? Can someone explain to me why the website has these wind ranges. (I know claimed ranges are always questionable, but this is all within the same company. Thanks.

Return to “Kitesurfing”