Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Skeletoes worked great

Forum for kitesurfers
KYLakeKiter
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Kentucky Lake (Tennessee) Standing Rock Cove and Big Sandy
Favorite Beaches: Who needs a beach? Just give me some open water.
Style: LeeRoyyyyyy Jenkinnnnnnns!
Gear: All kites are cool !
Boards are like music. Everyone likes something different.
Brand Affiliation: None

Skeletoes worked great

Postby KYLakeKiter » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:47 pm

Last week at Pensacola I got a pretty good oyster shell cut kiting barefoot, so heading to the lake this weekend, I wanted a little more protection than my aquasocks booties had. (they are great for feel, but the soles are thin. I had never worn anything like Fila skeletoes before, but the soles looked thick and significant and I was hoping for a barefoot feel.

They worked great. I rode twin tip straped and a surfboard without a traction pad and had no grip issues (it did have a little wax on it). I have had several different types of booties and water shoes over the years, and this is the thickest sole with the best barefoot feel I have had. I have no brad affiliation here, but if you work for Fila, feel free to send me some free shoes for the plug. :lol:

voodoospirit
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: alps lakes, alps mountain snowkites

Re: Skeletoes worked great

Postby voodoospirit » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:06 pm

huu so they just copied and pasted FiveFingers shoes? the good thing is that Fila are less expensive but with no Vibram soles. :lol:

knot_moving
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Gear: kites: OR Flites & Cabrinha Velocity
Underground FLX 138, Slingshot foil, Mako Duke, Jimmy Lewis Flight Deck

Postby knot_moving » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:12 pm

voodoospirit wrote:huu so they just copied and pasted FiveFingers shoes? the good thing is that Fila are less expensive but with no Vibram soles. :lol:
I have both 5 fingers & merril trail glove that I use for various non-kiting stuff.
I would think the vibram is a little tough if you want really good feel thru your feet
.... But definitely no oyster cuts wearing them :)

TheJoe
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Texas city levee, Galveston, El Jardine and Crystal beach.
Style: Freeride, Foil, Surf, a lil freestyle
Gear: North Reach 7,9,12
Brunotti TT
Moses 633/483
Dwarfcraft Micro

Postby TheJoe » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:33 pm

knot_moving wrote:
voodoospirit wrote:huu so they just copied and pasted FiveFingers shoes? the good thing is that Fila are less expensive but with no Vibram soles. :lol:
I have both 5 fingers & merril trail glove that I use for various non-kiting stuff.
I would think the vibram is a little tough if you want really good feel thru your feet
.... But definitely no oyster cuts wearing them :)
Have a good friend that all ways wears the Vibram 5's and he did get a really nasty cut while wearing them. Do they offer better protection than your average booty or sock yes. Do they stop you from being cut no.

Rando1994
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Tampa bay
Favorite Beaches: East beach at fort desoto
Style: Freeride
Gear: Ozone zephyr, ocean rodeo rise, mako king
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Rando1994 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:46 pm

I used to wear the 5 fingers KSO, but they didn't do a good job of keeping stuff out of the shoes. Switched to oneil and have no problems. Thin enough for feel yet thick enough for protection. Lots of oyster beds here in Florida. Having feet protection is a smart choice. When I see folks suffer bad cuts I can't understand. Booties will keep you on the water. Btw, I wear Kevlar palm waterski gloves also. Put a hand down on an oyster bed once and still have a nice scar for it. Hence the gloves.

Return to “Kitesurfing”