drewkite
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Which raceboard should i buy?

Postby drewkite » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:27 am

drewkite wrote:
pndLA wrote:just wondering... did you take a look at the NJS board yet? or contact Nils about delivery time?

just a side info.... we (at the shop) got a mail from from ozone a few weeks ago where matt is writing about the boards:
Nils owner and shaper of NJS Designs that has been the leader of Kite race Board design since the beginning. We are riding the CF6 and we have been fortunate to also have a Mikes Lab to compare to. Both boards are by far the leading race boards currently available and our support is 100% behind Mikes Lab and NJS and support is what they deserve and need from us all as the major brands copy their designs......I am riding one of the 1st batch of production NJS CF6's from Cobra and its seriously fast, even Mikes Lab himself at Sherman Island just before the USA Championships back to backed with his friend Nils and came in saying to us all the CF6 was faster especially easier downwind.....This is exactly what I have found, the CF6 is far easier to ride = faster thanks to its finer entry nose/rail shape and a pointed nose, not a b. lunt nose like the ML.....I am entered for the Worlds and have the luxury of choosing which board to take. Both are excellent & ML also have their 1st production order with Cobra being made as I tap but I've decided to compete with the NJS CF6 at the Worlds as it has made me faster.
and to make sure: i am not involved with NJS at all - i just met Nils when he visited our lake some weeks ago and got to try the board and was really impressed!
Where can i contact NJS? Im interested
But if its faster then a ML why arent Jhonny, Adam, Bryan, Riccardo etc using it if its faster???

drewkite
Medium Poster

Postby drewkite » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:18 pm

pndLA wrote:

Post subject: Re: Which raceboard should i buy? Reply with quote
SalmonSlayer wrote:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cabrinha-178-Ra ... 3987459%26
it´s the old model... 4-fin and only 53 wide
the fins are powerbox - so cant use them for any other board...
Can you get me a good deal on the CF6 maybe a Demo board or the one you got in the pic? Also

pndLA
Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: brazil, west-oz, capetown, MRU, Lanzarote, Tarifa...
Style: Waves & Foil
Gear: Slingshot / Ozone / North / LEVITAZ Foils
Brand Affiliation: Slingshot, Ozone, North, Gaastra,

Postby pndLA » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:09 am

But if its faster then a ML why arent Jhonny, Adam, Bryan, Riccardo etc using it if its faster???
i think it´s also about loyalty - they all know mike since the beginning so the stick with him...maybe one of them will change... who knows... but one thing for sure - you will not find a racer (in any sport) who changes gear before a big event...
Can you get me a good deal on the CF6 maybe a Demo board or the one you got in the pic?
sorry i only have on board here (in austria) and we need it to race! :)
i suggest you contact Nils himself!

drewkite
Medium Poster

Postby drewkite » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:24 pm

pndLA wrote:
i think it´s also about loyalty - they all know mike since the beginning so the stick with him...maybe one of them will change... who knows... but one thing for sure - you will not find a racer (in any sport) who changes gear before a big event...
Can you get me a good deal on the CF6 maybe a Demo board or the one you got in the pic?
Thanks man for your response is it because body isnt used to it . Anyways what would you recommend for a guy that doesnt earn much and wants his dream of going to olympics in kite race be i have strong sailing backround im 17 and i work as a waiter in the afternoons how can i get sponsored could somebody do me a step by step guide to achive my goal!!! Maybe my dream cpuld become true ;)

wdric
Frequent Poster

Postby wdric » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:35 pm

drewkite wrote:
pndLA wrote:
Thanks man for your response is it because body isnt used to it . Anyways what would you recommend for a guy that doesnt earn much and wants his dream of going to olympics in kite race be i have strong sailing backround im 17 and i work as a waiter in the afternoons how can i get sponsored could somebody do me a step by step guide to achive my goal!!! Maybe my dream cpuld become true ;)
To go to the Olympics you first of all will need to be on your national sailing team and I dont think the selectors are lurking here to find their talent :wink:
To get on the national team you will need to have lots of money to travel to international events and prove you can mix it with the best.
Unless you are very talented you will not have a day job for at least two year before the Olympics as you will be training all the time and travelling, this is still no guarantee as there maybe someone else better than you just before the Olympics and the national team will choose them.
I am sure there will only be one female and one male from each country!
Some people move countries just to get a better chance.
If your national team does not put much money into sailing then you will be paying for this travel
You will need lots of money to buy the best gear every year.

Unless you are in the know then getting sponsorship is earned not handed to you on a plate :wink:

So get out there and win some races and get noticed

drewkite
Medium Poster

Postby drewkite » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:15 pm

To go to the Olympics you first of all will need to be on your national sailing team and I dont think the selectors are lurking here to find their talent :wink:
To get on the national team you will need to have lots of money to travel to international events and prove you can mix it with the best.
Unless you are very talented you will not have a day job for at least two year before the Olympics as you will be training all the time and travelling, this is still no guarantee as there maybe someone else better than you just before the Olympics and the national team will choose them.
I am sure there will only be one female and one male from each country!
Some people move countries just to get a better chance.
If your national team does not put much money into sailing then you will be paying for this travel
You will need lots of money to buy the best gear every year.

Unless you are in the know then getting sponsorship is earned not handed to you on a plate :wink:

So get out there and win some races and get noticed[/quote]
Hard but not impossible!!!

Return to “Kitesurfing”