U dont got Pop Bro!

Forum for kitesurfers
Jbrook
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

U dont got Pop Bro!

Postby Jbrook » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:31 pm

Man was watching Kevin Langeree today rip at the spot where I reside man he does his freestyle moves so high up gets such an explosive pop off waves and in general. In person rad to see, bad luck was I didnt have my camera! :cry:

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: U dont got Pop Bro!

Postby tautologies » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:20 pm

Jbrook wrote:Man was watching Kevin Langeree today rip at the spot where I reside man he does his freestyle moves so high up gets such an explosive pop off waves and in general. In person rad to see, bad luck was I didnt have my camera! :cry:
It is quite something else to see it in person. Did he pull those one armed ones?

longwhitecloud
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Master Baiter. Oracle of windsport.
Gear: 2 sets of Flysurfer VMGs 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 15, 18. Foilboards ( Masts 75 90 110 125 Wings 880 950 1100 1350 1750) all with Ronix Ones attached. Soon to retire to Wingfoiling.

Postby longwhitecloud » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:44 am

yeah i totally agree, shared a session in new cal and was super fun. No messing around when it comes to power hooked or unhooked, cranks the bar like a machine. One of few riders i ever saw with such good boosting style/power other than a few kiwis of course..! :-)

geopeck
Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby geopeck » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:36 pm

Funny - he was at my beach a few weeks ago and it was the same thing - it was like I was watching a totally different sport than the one I'm involved in, in a totally different wind. I was was on an 11 while he was on a 9 and he was throwing his tricks super high and floaty, doing multi spin handlepass tricks, levitating before touchdown, and then slashing a wave face as soon as he was back on the water.

Even aside from the fact he was doing super tech tricks with a lot of style, it was really impressive how he was just "on". It didn't look effortless, it looked like an aggressive and constant attack on the airspace and waves.

SimonP
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Rotorua Lakes, Maketu, NZ
Favorite Beaches: Aotea, Maroochydore, Faro, Aitutaki
Style: Foiling, free-style, waves
Gear: J-shapes foil, Switch kites, Underground twintips, misc surfboards.

Postby SimonP » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:40 pm

Smaller C kites can generate a lot of power if flown aggressively.
Some would argue that Kevin's style is not as technically difficult because he keeps his kite high. Still damn impressive though and there aren't many who throw their handle-passes so high off the water.

Return to “Kitesurfing”