Apo Chasta snowkite board
F-One Matira iSUP 10'6"
Brand Affiliation: North Kiteboarding
Rapace Kiteboarding
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Epic 3G II Renegade 7, 9 & 11 windrange

Postby av_dumitrascu » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:46 pm

Dimitri M wrote:The RENEGADE 9 will be a good choice also Mr.av_dumitrascu.
I use the RENEGADE 9 on 15 meter lines with my REEF 5'7" surf board on the ocean in 13 to 17 knots. But with "short lines" and it works great and I am 78 kg. Some times when I do down winders I will use the RENEGADE 9 in 12 to 15 knots with 15 meter lines and it still works great, but I can't stay up wind. So it's perfect for down winders in the ocean.
to summarize, before hitting the "BUY/ADD TO CART" button:

the RENEGADE 9 will work with 15 meter lines with a surfboard in 13-17 knots, witch is just fine for me, seems it will work from 15 knots with a door type board, correct, Mr. Dimitri?
What would be then the highest winds for this kite, with a smallish twintip board, since I have up to 85 kg?
many thanks, again!

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:56 pm

the RENEGADE 9 will work with 15 meter lines with a surfboard in 13-17 knots, witch is just fine for me, seems it will work from 15 knots with a door type board, correct, Mr. Dimitri?
What would be then the highest winds for this kite, with a smallish twintip board, since I have up to 85 kg?
many thanks, again!
Hello av_dumitrascu,
You might not like using 15 meter lines on your RENEGADE 9 in 13 to 17 knots because it is a different type of riding. Personally for the waves I only use 15 meter lines on all my RENEGADE kites and only use 22 meter line when I am using the RENEGADE "INFINITY" light wind kite or when the wind is light and side off shore.
You should be using the RENEGADE 9 with 22 meter lines from 13 to 22 knots with different boards, and then if the wind goes higher then 25 knots change your lines to 15 meter lines. By doing so it will make the RENEGADE 9 less powerful so you can hold it in higher winds.
So if you want to kite in 25 to 35 knots use 15 meter lines. But again you will have to get use to short lines because it's totally different then what you are use to.

av_dumitrascu
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Kazeboo, Navodari, Constanta/Romania
Favorite Beaches: Gokceada, Turkey
Lefkada, Greece
Kalpitya, Sri Lanka
Style: free-ride, kitesurfing
Gear: Fireware Vanguard 5'2"
F-one Signature Bamboo 6'3"
North Juice 15m
North Neo 12m
North Neo 10m
North Click bar
North Neo 8m
North Spike 153
Rapace Eagle 10m
Rapace Eagle 6m
Rapace Condor 12m
Rapace Condor3 8m
Spleene X 19
Ion Spectre harness
Mystic soft-gear
Sigi Grabner snowboard
Apo Chasta snowkite board
F-One Matira iSUP 10'6"
Brand Affiliation: North Kiteboarding
Rapace Kiteboarding

Postby av_dumitrascu » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:58 pm

Dimitri M wrote:
many thanks, again!
Hello av_dumitrascu,
You might not like using 15 meter lines on your RENEGADE 9 in 13 to 17 knots because it is a different type of riding. Personally for the waves I only use 15 meter lines on all my RENEGADE kites and only use 22 meter line when I am using the RENEGADE "INFINITY" light wind kite or when the wind is light and side off shore.
You should be using the RENEGADE 9 with 22 meter lines from 13 to 22 knots with different boards, and then if the wind goes higher then 25 knots change your lines to 15 meter lines. By doing so it will make the RENEGADE 9 less powerful so you can hold it in higher winds.
So if you want to kite in 25 to 35 knots use 15 meter lines. But again you will have to get use to short lines because it's totally different then what you are use to.
Renegade 9 it is, then!
yuppy, I am set ;)

LGA
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby LGA » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:56 pm

Hi, first, I am sorry for my english, I am from Argentina. I am a NEW rider. I have done a kitesurf course, I did bodydrag and I am trying to stand up on the board. The teacher of the course told me to buy a 9m kite. I have just bought an Epic Kite Renegade 9m 2011, but I think that I made mistake. I am 60 kg (132lb). Is it a big kite for me? This is the place where I go to do kitesurf http://www.windguru.cz/es/index.php?sc=123608. Would it be dangerous for me? How do I have to set up the 2011 Xtend Bard to reduce the power http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvUysbf4T6w ? What do you recommend?
Thanks

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:55 pm

Hi, first, I am sorry for my english, I am from Argentina. I am a NEW rider. I have done a kitesurf course, I did bodydrag and I am trying to stand up on the board. The teacher of the course told me to buy a 9m kite. I have just bought an Epic Kite Renegade 9m 2011, but I think that I made mistake. I am 60 kg (132lb). Is it a big kite for me? This is the place where I go to do kitesurf http://www.windguru.cz/es/index.php?sc=123608. Would it be dangerous for me? How do I have to set up the 2011 Xtend Bard to reduce the power http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvUysbf4T6w ? What do you recommend?
Thanks
Hello LGA,
Once again thank you very much for choosing EPIC as your kite quiver. Actually the RENEGADE 9 might be a little small for you depending of the conditions you will be kiting. If you are planning to kite in 12 to 17 knots then as a beginner you might have a hard time getting up on the board with the RENEGADE 9. The RENEGADE 11 or 13 might of been a better choice. Now if you will be going in condition that are from 15 to 22 knots then the RENEGADE 9 is perfect for you.
Concerning reducing the power all you have to do is pull on the RED strap that says "LESS- - -".
I think you might need more lessons before you decide to venture in the water by yourself.

LGA
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby LGA » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:04 pm

Dimitri M wrote:
Thanks
Hello LGA,
Once again thank you very much for choosing EPIC as your kite quiver. Actually the RENEGADE 9 might be a little small for you depending of the conditions you will be kiting. If you are planning to kite in 12 to 17 knots then as a beginner you might have a hard time getting up on the board with the RENEGADE 9. The RENEGADE 11 or 13 might of been a better choice. Now if you will be going in condition that are from 15 to 22 knots then the RENEGADE 9 is perfect for you.
Concerning reducing the power all you have to do is pull on the RED strap that says "LESS- - -".
I think you might need more lessons before you decide to venture in the water by yourself.
Thanks Dimitri for your answer. So It is a good kite for me. I will take more classes before venture in the water by myself.

Return to “Kitesurfing”