Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Re: bringing kite stuff on Cebu Pacific from manila to Borac

Postby Toby » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:17 pm

Can anyone confirm that you can book sports equipment with Cebu to Caticlan???

sijandy
Very Frequent Poster
Style: freestyle
Gear: kites and boards
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby sijandy » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:24 pm

Although Cebu Pacific do have a section for adding sports equipment it doesn't actually allow you to select anything and says SEF not available which i'm guessing is Sports Equipment F....? So so far i have discovered that Air Phillipines has no sports baggage info, Cebu does but you can't do it online and Sea Air don't actually go to Caticlan contrary to whats been said on here so i'm still none the wiser and still have no flights. Thought booking trips was supposed to be easy these days... its a f****** mission.

SBBeachbum
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SBBeachbum » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:35 pm

I called Cebu airlines today and they said that the plane from Manila to Boracay is only a small prop plane thst does not take any large pieces. You may take a boat though. If you don't have to go through Manila you can check if going through Cebu works.

I am for another week in Anilao scuba diving so if you want me to check something locally shoot me a PM.

MMac22
Medium Poster
Local Beach: SC
Style: Surf
Gear: North kites, Tomo boards

Postby MMac22 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:14 am

In Jan. 2011 I flew from Manila to Caticlan on Cebu airlines. On the flight from Manila to Caticlan they were reasonable and took my Deceiver kitebag for a nominal fee. However, on the return flight from Caticlan to Manila they were much stricter about the kitebag and charged me 3-4x as much to transport the bag. There was not much I could do, they knew they had me and they profited from it. Just be prepared to Pay for it and know that it will likely be much more on the return flight.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:24 am

If you send it with cargo, it normally flies in the same or one plane earlier.
Really nothing to worry about.

doublerumandcoke
Frequent Poster

Postby doublerumandcoke » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:18 am

Manila-Caticlan, Cebu Pacific, PAL Express, Philippine Airlines (with PAL Express) and Sea Air.
Excess baggage 150php($3.5)/kg over 10kg free allowance.
Manila - Kalibo, cheaper flights, serviced by ZEST, PAL Express, Cebu Pacific then 90min van or bus ride to Caticlan jetty to get to Boracay.

BWA member ship can be made at pretty much all centers. Service and Storage is not included in this fee. Typically about $35 a week to be treated like a king on the beach depending in which centre you go (service varies greatly).

You can not book extra baggage for Caticlan online, but you can for Kalibo flights.

Small beach so be on your safety when you launch !!

DRC

SBBeachbum
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SBBeachbum » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:52 am

doublerumandcoke wrote:Manila-Caticlan, Cebu Pacific, PAL Express, Philippine Airlines (with PAL Express) and Sea Air.
Excess baggage 150php($3.5)/kg over 10kg free allowance.
Manila - Kalibo, cheaper flights, serviced by ZEST, PAL Express, Cebu Pacific then 90min van or bus ride to Caticlan jetty to get to Boracay.

BWA member ship can be made at pretty much all centers. Service and Storage is not included in this fee. Typically about $35 a week to be treated like a king on the beach depending in which centre you go (service varies greatly).

You can not book extra baggage for Caticlan online, but you can for Kalibo flights.

Small beach so be on your safety when you launch !!

DRC

After talking to my guys I would also recommend not flying to caticlan but going from Manila to Kalibo.
From Caticlan you need to take a 10 min boat ride to your destination.
From Kalibo you have to add a 1:30h van ride. A private van will be in between 1500-1800 pesos. There are numerous places you can use to arrange the van ride. One example is: noynoy van @+63.9209086267. If you want to use them reserve three days ahead of time.
Kalibo is served by larger jets whereas Caticlan only accommodates small prop planes. So going through Kalibo allows you to take larger baggage.

I called Cebu airlines and they do take more than 10kg of luggage as drc mentioned and as long as you pay the excess fee did not indicate a weight limit to me.

....I still have no clue why anybody goes to the Phillipines for kiting though .....

Drande
Medium Poster
Style: wakestyle
Brand Affiliation: Liquid Force, O'Neill

Postby Drande » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:48 pm

old story up
Im going with Cebu from Manila to Caticlan.
Spent numerous hours but cant get clear view what I need to do to get my bags easy and secure to Boracay. I will have hand luggage 5 KG, normal bag 15 KG and Golf bag 25KG.
Please give me a hint what to book or who to call to be sure that I will get to the island with my equipment.

sijandy
Very Frequent Poster
Style: freestyle
Gear: kites and boards

Postby sijandy » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:47 am

I used Cebu last year after posting on here, turned out fine, i had 32kg and hand luggage and it was no problem, think i had to pay a bit extra tho but i don't recall it being an awfull lot. There were a couple of guys in front of me who had large kite bags for hand luggage and they got pulled aside and had to do a bit of blagging but still got on. Funnily they weigh you and your hand luggage before you get on the plane so if you're a fatty it's gonna cost ya!
....I still have no clue why anybody goes to the Phillipines for kiting though .....
....cos it's windy and an awesome country!

Imba
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Boracay
Favorite Beaches: Boracay
Style: Air
Gear: F-one 10m, Cabrinha Switchblade 14m, Cabrinha X-Bow 16m.

Postby Imba » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:12 pm

As a person which basically lives\kite here on Boracay for the second year (and basically spent the last 30+months here in a row).... with all 100% guarantee of beingabsolutely sure what im sayin... i can say exactly this:

Keep in mind: Other then the boat (which goes 8 hours from Manila (Batangas area) to Boracay and costonly 800 peso) there is TWO air ways to get to Boracay:

Fast. Manila - Caticlan. Its an expensive one. If you compare the prices "to" they will be 30-50% more expensive when the flienghts to Kalibo. But the differencestabs to be 2-3-4x timebigger when you compare the prices of "from" tickets (Caticlan to Manila VS Kalibo to Manila).

+1,5 hour slowerone. Its a Manila - Kalibo path.
====================================

Difference in flight long - none. Its roughly takes 1,15min to get to Caticlan. Androughly 55min to get to Kalibo. But to get rom Kalibo to Boracay you need to jumo onto van (250peso = 6USD) and rie for about an hour+.

Luggage question. Well, 2 years ago you was able to easyly bring the Sport Equip on both flights.
Now you _cant_ buy the place for the SP on the light from Manila to Caticlan.

The CebuPacific _might_ let you geton the plane. And they alsomight not let you do this. Its a 30\70% chance. Plus keep in mind, even if they do, they will charge you 1000-2000 (60-70usd) luggage fine.

The absolutely RIGHT way to go to Boracay is to buy CebuPacific Manila-Kalibo flights.

a) Its 2-3times cheaper.
b) You only need to pay 1000peso (20usd) for the Sport Equip Gear (o this while you order ticket online!!!)
c)You only need to spent +250peso for the van transfer.

Last thing to keep in mind:

- You DO want to order Manila-Kalibo tickets upfrontbefore you come here. These planes are relatively small ones.
- You absolutely DONT need to rent\arrange\orer van\taxi transfer from Kalibo (to Boracay).

There are hordes of vans (250peso each - FIXED price). Plus you allways can rent a taxi (something like Hyunday Elantra) which is good for 2-3 person for 1300-1500peso (for the whole taxi. Not from eqach person!).

These guys ontaxi\vans work until the very last jet will land. There is absolutely no need to rent\arrange the transfer up-front.

Questions?

imba.

Return to “Kitesurfing”