Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Best Light Wind Inflatable 2011

Forum for kitesurfers
loco4viento
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Best Light Wind Inflatable 2011

Postby loco4viento » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:38 pm

Hey Pontoon I like your thinking (but do those caps mean you are yelling at us?). My favorite is the combination of side-off winds, wrapping in at the beach to appear side shore, and the hand-held wind meter at one meter height in front of the camara showing a nice steady 6mph.

Great marketing tool.

Geronimo79
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride
Gear: Epic Kites and Arise and Hyperflex
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites and Arise
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Geronimo79 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:08 pm

mrmawalker wrote:
I'm 20 stone :o
And how much is that? i've seen stones of a ton and more.. and pebbles are stones too...

droffats
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride, Hdrofoil, Waves, Big Air
Gear: Ozone, Ocean Rodeo, Cabrinha, Mystic
Brand Affiliation: www.adventurekiteboarding.com

Postby droffats » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:47 am

I could have gotten out on a Zephyr 17m and tt, but went for the Sector in both of these session. Wind was onshore, but behind a break wall and behind a bunch of reeds (kinda like Hatteras). But still no whitecaps outside the break wall either...

[kiteforumtv]http://www.kiteforum.tv/video/Sector_Sessions.html[/kiteforumtv]

Let me know what you think. To me, it really shows how much the board matters...

Thanks,
Droffats

lexflex
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Hua Hin Beaches, Thailand
Neusiedlersee, Austria
Favorite Beaches: Suan Son, Hua Hin/Thailand, Podersdorf/Austria
Gear: Gaastra tube kites, flysurfer speed3 21m
RL boards custom made
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby lexflex » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:54 pm

Tone wrote:the original was the Rhino 2 -20m, that kite was a beast! - Pulled in 8 knots but had a very limited top end.... I had a Flysurfer 15.5m which was about the same in terms of pull, but had more float.
I had the same 2 kites, the 15.5 flysurfer was a Psycho1 and it is quite amazing that I finally find somebody confirming for what I have been saying for years....

nowadays I have tried a Crossbow 16 2009 for light wind, it is a fun kite but the bar pressure is way to high for me (tennis elbow) and I don´t think it should be in the top list for the best light wind inflatables..

I just bought a Best Taboo 17 to replace it - I hope this was a good choice..

after a lot (I mean a lot) of online research it seems clear to me that the best light wind kite is a flysurfer speed 3 21 right now, I have a good friend of mine, we started together with the Psycho1 15.5 until I changed to inflatables, who says it is by far the best light wind kite flysurfer has made so far..

Vikb
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Lake Nihtnat, Vancouver Island, BC Canada
Favorite Beaches: La Ventana
Style: Freeride...
Gear: Ocean Rodeo

Postby Vikb » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:04 am

I've got a 17m Blade Fat Lady which I've enjoyed for the last year. It's got me out kiting when most others are sitting on the beach. I haven't tried any other LW kites so I can't compare, but I do like the FL's turning speed. For a monster kite it turns fast enough to jump and have a lot of fun - not just mow the lawn... :jump:

http://www.bladekites.com/KITES/

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:16 am

This is the INFINITY v3 prototype being tested in very light wind. People measured on top of the Kitty Hawk Kites building in WAVES "North Carolina" 2.7 to 4.1 mph.
"YES" a Stand Up Paddle is been use in order to plane, but the most impressive thing is that the INFINITY v3 kite never fell off the sky and was as stable as I never seen a kite be. Plus I end up 600 feet up wind from where I started.
I copied these pictures that some one took from a previous topic called: "Renegade "Infinity V2" light wind machine"
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2372410&start=420
Attachments
DSC_0013 1.jpg
DSC_0009 3.jpg

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:45 am

Dimitri M wrote:This is the INFINITY v3 prototype being tested in very light wind. People measured on top of the Kitty Hawk Kites building in WAVES "North Carolina" 2.7 to 4.1 mph.
"YES" a Stand Up Paddle is been use in order to plane, but the most impressive thing is that the INFINITY v3 kite never fell off the sky and was as stable as I never seen a kite be. Plus I end up 600 feet up wind from where I started.
I copied these pictures that some one took from a previous topic called: "Renegade "Infinity V2" light wind machine"
holy shit that looks like fun hehe ;-)

Clew In
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Clew In » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:51 am

Dimitri M wrote:This is the INFINITY v3 prototype being tested in very light wind. People measured on top of the Kitty Hawk Kites building in WAVES "North Carolina" 2.7 to 4.1 mph.

He is the most interesting man in the world!

He does not need wind to kite surf!

When he kite surfs in wind it is just because he wants to kite with the rest of us!

Rock On!

Tom

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:12 pm

holy shit that looks like fun hehe ;-)
To be honest with you Mr.tautologies, that was not really fun. But what made this day very interesting was that NO ONE could believe their eyes. Plus it is a work out to kite on an SUP, you should try turning that SUP in no wind with out falling. If you ever get a chance to try it you should, but you would definitely need the INFINITY v3 prototype.
So in few words all this work out and being the only one on the water made it very interesting and if you want you could call it "FUN".
But then few days earlier it was blowing 5 to 7 knots and few people were able to kite on the OXYGEN v2 board with the INFINITY V3 prototype and have fun when no one else was out. Yes they did wish for 2 more knots but they could not believe they were able to kite in such light wind.

P.S. This V3 is still a prototype and won't be release for a while. So start saving now.... :thumb:
Attachments
DSC_0011 6.jpg
DSC_0010 5.jpg

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:24 pm

Nobody..but nobody would have any fun in OUR waters with wind "sucking" at 5 to 7 knots..on a TT 147x47....with ANY kite !!

Are you sure 100% about those low wind numbers where the "fun happens" in YOUR laboratory waters ?

Can't wait for your answer :wink:

Return to “Kitesurfing”