Local Beach: Picnic Island, East Beach, Unemployment Beach
Style: old school freestyle
Gear: Core, Aboard, Crazyfly, Mystic
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Core sensor bar sucks i.m.o

Postby sucker4wind » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:25 am

I have flown Core kites for about 4 years. I have 7m 9m 13.5 and 17m. I had two ESP bars which I have worn out. They had some design problems such as the lines through the bar were the same direction of the bar making it very difficult to hold the bar in the middle with one hand. The sensor bar which I am sure it is very safe, has the lines going perpendicular and it is much easier to hold with one hand. Thats where the "improvements" stop. The bar is waaaay too small to use on my bigger kites. It also doesn't power the kites up as much as the ESP. I will have to use the higher knot to see if that helps. The lines fall off the wishbones when rolled up. The bar is very very expensive for what you get. I was stuck buying it or having to replace all of my kites. Core makes a great kite. Bar SUCKS-

lenker
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Bulabog

Re: Core sensor bar sucks i.m.o

Postby lenker » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:39 am

I don't see why you can't use another neutral 4-line bar.

knotmyfault
Medium Poster

Postby knotmyfault » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:49 am

All the rigging is overrated and too expensive...

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:31 am

sucker4wind wrote:I have flown Core kites for about 4 years. I have 7m 9m 13.5 and 17m. I had two ESP bars which I have worn out. They had some design problems such as the lines through the bar were the same direction of the bar making it very difficult to hold the bar in the middle with one hand. The sensor bar which I am sure it is very safe, has the lines going perpendicular and it is much easier to hold with one hand. Thats where the "improvements" stop. The bar is waaaay too small to use on my bigger kites. It also doesn't power the kites up as much as the ESP. I will have to use the higher knot to see if that helps. The lines fall off the wishbones when rolled up. The bar is very very expensive for what you get. I was stuck buying it or having to replace all of my kites. Core makes a great kite. Bar SUCKS-
Hey...how are you? I hope my help will let you realize there is nothing wrong with bar
I ride the 19XR2LW on the Sensor bar 20 1/2 inches / 52.3cm

You probably have to adjust to the fastest mode (wave) on the wingtip...there are 3 adjustments
Additionally i adjust to the least amount of bar pressure....also has 3 adjustments

I only ride that kite in waves on my strapped surfboard...there is zero issues..turns for me Supafast
I constantly do transitions downloop turns....aerials tacks and jibes
During some sessions i barely carve turns in the water to get on waves...all in mid-air looping

I have never had lines fall off the wishbones when rolling up
Let me tell you a trick...it is just a bit of technique
Do not do figure 8 right away with the thicker white mini 5th line (4 meter long)
Do regular tight winding with those and when you get to the thinner 4 lines do the figure 8 tightly too

So the bar is not way too small...once again i can make the 19 spin on a dime carving & looping
It is just practice with your timing...a bit of sheeting out maybe...the way you sine kite at times
All those bugs will get worked out i promise....practice makes perfect

Since i got my 19 kite May 1st this year i will say i used it (6 months)...3 times a week on average
That's over 70 sessions....i have nothing negative to say about the Sensor bar of kite quality
I live in Florida......a must have kite if power is what you need in the surf ..in 8-9 and 10knots winds

............................................... :surf: :sun: :sun: :surf: :sun: :surf: ....................................................

sucker4wind
Rare Poster

Postby sucker4wind » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:09 am

Sounds like you must be a dealer or something. I am only posting this for others who are considering the Sensor bar. I am a very experienced kiter. That bar is way way way too small for anything bigger than a 12M. I have looked into the other wishbone bars:

North-same problem as the ESP with the lines going the wrong way. You can't really span that between your fingers. Instead of being able to "comb" the lines when you do a spinning trick-you have to turn some barrel thing under the bar

Airush- great adjustment with the bar but thats it.

Best- no adjustment, you have to buy two bars (not a big deal as its nice to have back up and many times I will rig two kites because conditions come and go) the ends are very bulky, and you cannot comb the lines when they are twisted.

I shopped before I had settled on the sensor bar, I had used it and didn't like it when it first came out. I just forgot how bad it was until today when I used it..

CORE why don't you borrow some good ideas from some of the other mfg's and design a good bar-German engineering??? stick with cars I guess because your kite bar sucks.

TommyDuotone
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: IB, Rauls, 38's, Gavs
Style: surf
Gear: North, Ocean Rodeo, Firewire

Postby TommyDuotone » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:30 am

Had a similar issue(not with core). Check out the 23 inch Slingshot bar with the 27m lines if your using your kite for light wind. It comes stock with their 14m Rally and Turbine. Best one I found for the big/light wind kites so far.
No adjustment to make smaller however.

http://www.realwatersports.com/2013-sli ... comp-stick

TheJoe
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Texas city levee, Galveston, El Jardine and Crystal beach.
Style: Freeride, Foil, Surf, a lil freestyle
Gear: North Reach 7,9,12
Brunotti TT
Moses 633/483
Dwarfcraft Micro

Postby TheJoe » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:30 pm

Your problem with power is not in the bar. It is in your lines or kite. This is what we call trimming a kite.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:33 am

sucker4wind wrote:Sounds like you must be a dealer or something. I am only posting this for others who are considering the Sensor bar. I am a very experienced kiter. That bar is way way way too small for anything bigger than a 12M.
I am not a dealer...but compared to you .....i am very very very very experienced (almost 14 years)

Even my wife (that rides the XR2LW 17) has zero issues turning /looping kite with 52cm bar !!!
She is very very very experienced (almost 11 years)

Looks like you need more experience...and then you will have earned the right... to whine

I am trying to say as nicely as possible it is not the bar....but you

You do not deserve.... to be on such a great bar....so please get rid of it...and move on

.............................................. :surf: :sun: ............................................................................................

jumarcil
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Bozo Beach
Gear: Core xr3: 7 and 9, escape 11m 2015, leopard 9 and 11

Postby jumarcil » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:56 am

I bought a Core 15m Xr2 as a replacement for my TS 15m which I sold to a friend.
Just love tha bar; it is really simple, the swivel for the front lines works perfectly. The bar is really light, the QR works like a charm. It is 52cm and it works great on the 15-17 and 19m. My friend rides the 19m and he does nice transition with downloop and the kites turns on a dime. I did try the 17m and the speed is excellent. My 15 m XR2 is actually really fast for a 15m. Actually faster than my Ts15 which wasn't bad at all but it was running on a big 57cm bar.

Are you sure that you are on the fastest settings, with the lightest bar settings. This really is my favorite as the bar pressure is quite light and the speed excellent.

Jules

sucker4wind
Rare Poster

Postby sucker4wind » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:52 am

Wow, what a nerve I hit with SupaEZ. If you would have read my subject it said i.m.o. which means "in my opinion". Talking about a whiner- if someone doesn't agree with yours you get all blown out of shape. I guess for someone who has been kiting for so long, it seems odd to me that you would get a big thrill out of mowing the lawn on a 17m for some 70 sessions. What kind of idiot to you think I am when I said that I have flown CORE for over 4 years (I didn't say I have only kited 4 years) and you don't think I know about the wing settings??? I can loop the 17M-slowly with that bar COMPARED to the longer bar. Do you think the shorter bar is as fast as a longer one? Perhaps you still need a bit more water time. Maybe your wife can teach you a few things. Maybe my riding is a bit more aggressive than yours- don't know. I have been the biggest proponent for CORE kites long before anyone had even seen them in Florida.
Thank you for letting me know that my opinion of the sensor bar is wrong. Good luck on your backroll move you have been working on for 14 years.

Return to “Kitesurfing”