Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Renegade "Infinity V2" light wind machine.

Forum for kitesurfers
nikalaitzian
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Loutsa Nissakia,Oropos,Vouliagmeni
Style: wave,bigair,megaloops,hydrofoil,wingfoil
Gear: Epic kites,BTS kiteboards,cohete surfboards,SAB,GAC hydrofoils
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites,GAC

Re: Renegade "Infinity V2" light wind machine.

Postby nikalaitzian » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:45 pm

SupaEZ wrote:All right...got a few comments..but first this

Dimitri don't you think that your water & wind location where you do all videos for LW is unique?

I think it is...and a disclosure should be in fine print...if tried by anyone else in other waters

Results will vary...results not typical...Hatteras environment is unique..like in a laboratory !

Now my comment....you think you know that your kite blows away all LW kites out there

Once again i do not see in your water anyone else but you....because Hatteras=Epic

In my waters in 8 knots...SP3 21...Dyno 18...Core XR2 19...would all blow by your kite

I will give you that...it does fly overhead in very light wind...but more power..in 8 knots..no way
You look like my mother in law ..... always has to say something for her ego .... :shit:

P.s. even St.Thomas beleived when he saw ....

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES
Has thanked: 0

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:02 pm

SupaEZ,
I have tried my best to bring you all the elements that shows what the INFINITY v3 prototype kite can do in such light breeze, but it looks like there is just no pleasing some people with all these facts, but I hope the next video I took few days ago will rock your light wind boat.
On another not I just dropped the INFINITY v3 prototype to the SBC Kiteboarding magazine so they can test it in light wind which they did with all the other light wind kites they had.
Not only was the kite flying in such light wind with the other ones but it was also noted how quick it was, how stable and how much alive an fun it was to use compare to the other ones they were testing. It was probably blowing 7 to 10 knots max. But you will read the test results from them on the next issue.

P.S. By the way how did you like the wave riding on the INFINITY v3 in the ATLANTIC OCEAN in single digest!!! And if I am not mistaken the East coast of Florida were you kite is on the Atlantic Ocean. So that means same waters....

Geronimo79
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride
Gear: Epic Kites and Arise and Hyperflex
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites and Arise
Been thanked: 0

Postby Geronimo79 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:48 pm

Ah well SupaEZ is simply one of those people that gets even more sour and bitchy the older it gets.. Guess he will be eating through the floors like acid by the time he's 60.

The video is amazing. really curious what the winds where in that TT part. The water looks way to glassy to have wind at all. But the spray and power from the board suggest otherwise.
Even if you give it all a reasonable margin of error.. its still damn right impressive.

14ToeSide
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Sandy Spit
Gear: North, Ozone, Naish, Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: What ever works Best that year

Postby 14ToeSide » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:27 pm

Mr. Dimitri,

Is that a John Amundson SUP u were riding?

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:23 am

Mr. Dimitri,
Is that a John Amundson SUP u were riding?
Yes Mr.14ToeSide, it is my good friend John's SUP board that I am riding in this video. I have 3 of these at home so friends can use them instead of using my custom EPIC "SUP" prototype ones that only me can use for now until I am happy with the shapes.
Attachments
GPV_0010.jpg
GPV_0020 1.jpg
Epic 12 4.jpg
Epic 06 3.jpg
GPV_0052 2.jpg
GOPR5327.jpg

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:47 pm

I watched video....wind speed in ocean..to ride that powered and move that fast..11 knots of power

I watched video...wind speed in sound..to ride that powered and spray that much..11 knots of power

I say of power because where you kite the wind and water as an efficiency rating of 100..the best

So you see like 2 politicians debating we will never agree on numbers..so why bother meeting !

There was no single digit wind speed there..it is more than 9 knots in both videos (except SUP 6kn)

Everyone who has not been to Cape Hatteras should Google map it and check it out

They would learn that the wind from nearly every directions has a fetch of 20 to 50 miles

The flat water in the sound is not like a fresh water lake..actually it is as dense as ocean near shore

Using the sea oats is wind speed indicator....5-6 max..does not reflect the actual wind up there

About the downwinder ocean session in Fullsuit late in the day with Northerly side side on wind

The wind was not 6 or 7 or 8 or 9kn average.....it was double digit the whole time

Do not trust your smartphone readings on Cape Hatteras narrow strip barrier island..in LW

Do not buy any other kite before trying an Infinity in my local water...you will be blown away for sure

But as you go home to your lakes or other locations remember my water/wind rating is 100

The highest rating possible.....realistically expect with your rating of 85..needing 15% more wind

Hatteras is the most advanced laboratory location on earth for LW efficiency

I challenged anyone to show me that their spot is better than that ....to make those types of videos

............................. :surf: :sun: ..............................................................................................................

pmaggie
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Gera Lario, Como Lake, Italy
Favorite Beaches: Lo Stagnone (Marsala, Sicily - Italy) - Soma Bay (Egipt) - Cabarete (Dom Rep.) - Kite beach (Maui)
Style: Freeride
Gear: Core XR4 11, Core Riot XR 7, Core Riot XR2 15, Flysurfer Speed 5 21, Flysurfer Sonic 3 13
Shinn Bronq 136x42, Shinn Bronq XL
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby pmaggie » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:29 pm

At this point I feel very unsure about my kiting future. Should I buy an Infinity or should I book for Cape Hatteras? :D

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:57 pm

What ever you say Mr.SupaEZ. You just remind me of my 10 year old son Cameron when he think he's always right. Then when I prove him wrong all he says: "OK DAD I WAS WRONG SORRY"...

Any way, what about the other videos of the INFINITY in Connecticut, the video of the INFINITY in St. Barts, the video of INFINITY v2 in Greece, the video of the INFINITY v1 in Florida, and so on.... because I am getting confused.
Come on Michel..... I know the truth hurts watching these facts and these excuses you are giving to people are just ridiculous and too funny. Yea, yea I know I was still in diapers when you were windsurfing, but that doesn't mean you know everything about the wind and conditions around the world). All these videos that I posted bellow of the INFINITY kite and OXYGEN board in light winds were taken from different places not the OUTER BANKS like you mention on your previous post. So maybe you should give us an explanation why I am planning in these places!!! Just keep in mind few of these places are not far from the place you kite.

This is a video of the INFINITY v1 in Jupiter during an event in Florida

This is a video of the INFINITY v1 in Connecticut.

This is a video of the INFINITY v2 in Naples Florida.

This is a video of the INFINITY in St.Barts.

This is a video of the INFINITY v2 in Greece.
Last edited by Dimitri M on Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:01 pm

At this point I feel very unsure about my kiting future. Should I buy an Infinity or should I book for Cape Hatteras?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: that was a good one Mr.pmaggie.
I think for the future you should to Greece, St.Barts, Florida, Connecticut and the Outer Banks. Forget about the INFINITY kite. You don't need the INFINITY kite in these places.
:thumb:

windsuks
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf/old school
Gear: Airush/North/Ozone/RRD
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby windsuks » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:26 pm

....and one from the UK :wink:

Return to “Kitesurfing”