Medium Poster
Gear: Airush
Jimmy Lewis
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Best Light Wind Inflatable 2011

Postby rocktor » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:39 pm

SupaEZ wrote:Nobody..but nobody would have any fun in OUR waters with wind "sucking" at 5 to 7 knots..on a TT 147x47....with ANY kite !!

Are you sure 100% about those low wind numbers where the "fun happens" in YOUR laboratory waters ?

Can't wait for your answer :wink:
:lol: :thumb:

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:15 pm

Nobody..but nobody would have any fun in OUR waters with wind "sucking" at 5 to 7 knots..on a TT 147x47....with ANY kite !! Are you sure 100% about those low wind numbers where the "fun happens" in YOUR laboratory waters ?
Can't wait for your answer :wink:
Mr. SupaEZ,
5 to 7 knots is not really fun to me or to most of the kiters. But when I arrived to the beach and all these people were seating down with their kites pumped and nothing else to do, I think getting wet by trying some thing new and moving on the INFINITY v3 prototype and he OXYGEN v2 board was exciting to them. They could barely stay up wind, but I least they got wet and were able to plane in light condition, and YES few of them wished for 2 extra knots.
:thumb:

P.S. By the way the OXYGEN v2 is 135x47cm, Not 147cm. :). It would of been nice to have a 166cm x55cm Twin Tip to be able to plane better because even some of the Race boards they had could not go because of the sea weeds catching up on the fins.
Last edited by Dimitri M on Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:09 pm

You could design a longer wider TT you know...thanks for correction of typo 147..subliminal thinking...hint hint maybe

Just checked Windfinder Avon NC...the big "H" is over your head i see....WNW wind "one knot"...now that's low end

The calm before the storm as we say...no need for Infinity at the end of this week and weekend...be safe.

Wow....your favorite windspeed (18-35 knots)......and maybe more.....may have to break out an 8,7 ,6...or a 5M

There has always been so many words exchanged about LW........compared to HW....why do you think that is?

Anyway........ enjoy going airborne real soon :D ...............go EZ on the Achille and groin...

The tropical storm Sandy will be around for a few days

We have ENE 17mph here for the past 2 days.....and it will get much stronger through saturday...no need for the 19

.............................................................................. :) .........................................................................................................

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:14 pm

You could design a longer wider TT you know...thanks for correction of typo 147..subliminal thinking...hint hint maybe
Just checked Windfinder Avon NC...the big "H" is over your head i see....WNW wind "one knot"...now that's low end
The calm before the storm as we say...no need for Infinity at the end of this week and weekend...be safe.
Wow....your favorite windspeed (18-35 knots)......and maybe more.....may have to break out an 8,7 ,6...or a 5M
There has always been so many words exchanged about LW........compared to HW....why do you think that is?
Anyway........ enjoy going airborne real soon :D ...............go EZ on the Achille and groin...
The tropical storm Sandy will be around for a few days
We have ENE 17mph here for the past 2 days.....and it will get much stronger through saturday...no need for the 19
.............................................................................. :) .........................................................................................................

Yes time to put away the INFINITY v2 and v3 prototype away and get ready for the RENEGADE 5 or maybe use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 kite.
Concerning building a 166x55cm is not worth it for us. This type of board is very good for schools and for people that like to cruise back and forth. And yes you can plane easier then the OXYGEN v2 in very light wind conditions but I rather have a board that is alive and responsive.

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:00 am

Dimitri M wrote:... I rather have a board that is alive and responsive.
And the Oxygen is.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:33 pm

A bit off topic of kite....but the Oxygen board is what YOU prefer Dimitri...extra short and alive

"What if you sent a survey out there" asking YOUR clients....if they would like more LW TT choices

Do not have to go crazy big... :lol: 165x55..........

Just as an example..North as 3 LW TT sizes...in 2 different materials...the Spike

This offers more choices to their customers....i think that is people like...maybe not what YOU like

Spike sizes....141x44.5......153x46.5.......163x46.5

But for Epic'clients maybe one longer size with the same 47cm width ....like a 155 or 160

.........................:surf: :surf: but for right now no need for LW boards...the wind's picking up :thumb:

Geronimo79
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride
Gear: Epic Kites and Arise and Hyperflex
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites and Arise

Postby Geronimo79 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:03 pm

Not really, why go bigger then the oxygen when that is pretty big already. I think i would rather try a skim board something like that in lower winds.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:04 pm

Yes the OXYGEN v2 is an amazing board. We always worked with the demand and with what kiters need for their kite gear. This is why we are sold out of OXYGEN v2 boards.
Most people are not interested in boards bigger then their GOLF BAGS. This is why the OXYGEN v2 is perfect for their light wind board. Not only it planes in such light wind and it is very alive but it's also small enough to fit in their golf bag for traveling. Any way should have more OXYGEN v2 boards in 11 days.
Attachments
Promotion Oxygen.jpg
DSC_0035.jpg
DSC_0059 1.jpg

Dj A-Ron
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cass Lake MI
Port Huron MI (Lake Huron)
Metro Beach MI (Lake St. Clair)
Harsens Island MI (Lake St. Clair)
Favorite Beaches: Tawas MI (Lake Huron)
Oscoda MI (Lake Huron)
Little Sable Point MI (Lake Michigan)
The Flats (Key West)
Anywhere in Cape Hatteras
Kite Beach (Maui)
La Ventana (Mexico)
Barkers (Grand Caymen)
Style: Freeride/Freestyle
Gear: Kites: Epic Renegade 9m 3G, Airush Lithium 12m & 14m, Blade Fat Lady 17m

Boards: Epic Droid, Oxygen, Spartan, Airush Cypher 5'6"
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Dj A-Ron » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:40 pm

Here is a picture that my wife took of Dimitri kiting the Infinity V3 and an SUP in about 2-3 mph of wind. I also flew the kite in these winds and really couldn't believe it! It really just didn't make sense how the kite could stay up in the air....
Attachments
image.jpg

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:05 pm

Do I see a Go Pro in Dimitri's mouth?? :lol:

Return to “Kitesurfing”