*


All times are UTC + 1 hour



Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Which harness to get???
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:53 pm 
Offline
Rare Poster

Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:44 pm
Posts: 13
Location: Great Lakes
Another vote for Mystic Warrior III - very comfortable, does not ride up, and easy to get into. Adjust the clicker bar strap once the first time you wear it, from there on it's click-and-go! FWIW I have had no issues with chaffing, but only have worn it a couple times without rash guard or wetsuit top.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Which harness to get???
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:08 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster

Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:26 pm
Posts: 414
Location: Varna,Bulgaria
antwerp wrote:
I had the Mystic Warrior and now ride the Mystic Shadow, primarily in the surf. I have ridden these both with and without a wetsuit and haven't had any chafing issues. The lower profile fits me well (I'm 5'7), and I like how clean the new Shadow is (there's not much for slack lines to catch on if your kite falls). If at all possible, I would try a few on before buying. I have tried on Dakine, Naish, Cab, and others, but the Mystic happened to fit me best.


Hi,
I`m on the market for new harness as my old M size Warrior 1 /I guess.../ needs a replacement.
Last week I`ve tried Len10`s Warrior but I found it more restrictive than my old one /too wide/...
As I`m looking for more freedom of movement kind of harness - I figured that I probably should go for Shadow and down size it.
There wasn`t S size in the shop to try, but I`m qurious as my size is 31 /waist size/ can I go for S instead of M?
What do you think?
L.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Which harness to get???
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:18 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:40 am
Posts: 465
Location: Papua New Guinea
Give the new np (Neil pryde) harnesses a try. They have an awesome new spreader bar. Let us all know what you think!


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Which harness to get???
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:54 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster

Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:26 pm
Posts: 414
Location: Varna,Bulgaria
WildDuke wrote:
Give the new np (Neil pryde) harnesses a try. They have an awesome new spreader bar. Let us all know what you think!


No new NP`s around :wink: , but ION is my second option of choice.
Tried the 2013 Apex,Revolt and Hummer and hey, they look solid...


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Which harness to get???
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:55 pm 
Offline
Medium Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:35 pm
Posts: 105
If you can try them out at a shop as everyones body is different and so the harness that your friend recommends and loves might be really uncomfortable for you.

We often find in the mystic range that the warrior fits larger and taller guys well and the shadow the smaller guys as it is thinner and flexier.

The Liquid Force are also very comfy but again, it is all down to the fit. I love my Comp and find the shadow fits me great but my brother prefers the Luxury and Warrior.


Last edited by doggy on Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Which harness to get???
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:17 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster

Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:26 pm
Posts: 414
Location: Varna,Bulgaria
doggy wrote:
If you can try them out at a shop as everyones body is different and so the harness that your friend recommends and loves might be really uncomfortable for you.

We often find in the mystic range that the warrior fits larger and taller guys well and the shadow the smaller guys as it is thinner and flexier.

The Liquid Force are also very comfy but again, it is all down to the fit. I love my Comp and find the shadow fits me great but my brother prefers the Luxury and Warrior.


Yes,you`re right about the personal preferrences when choosing harness.
The guys at shop do not have it in stock and they will suply it as an individual order.
My original q was - can I go S if I`m 31 waist?

BR
L.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Which harness to get???
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:28 pm 
Offline
Medium Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:33 pm
Posts: 152
Location: Okinawa, Japan
Want quality and comfort, go for Patlove.

New site:
http://www.pat-love.com/home.asp?back=1


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Which harness to get???
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:08 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:45 pm
Posts: 1389
Location: The Gorge
Ludmil wrote:
doggy wrote:
If you can try them out at a shop as everyones body is different and so the harness that your friend recommends and loves might be really uncomfortable for you.

We often find in the mystic range that the warrior fits larger and taller guys well and the shadow the smaller guys as it is thinner and flexier.

The Liquid Force are also very comfy but again, it is all down to the fit. I love my Comp and find the shadow fits me great but my brother prefers the Luxury and Warrior.


Yes,you`re right about the personal preferrences when choosing harness.
The guys at shop do not have it in stock and they will suply it as an individual order.
My original q was - can I go S if I`m 31 waist?

BR
L.


I have a 31" waist as well and the smalls fit me the best for all the ones ive tried. i tried a medium mystic shadow and it was huge on me


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Which harness to get???
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:05 am 
Offline
Medium Poster

Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:48 am
Posts: 147
Pat love ?
had one about 4 years ago and it fell apart after two seasons.
Did they get any better ?


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Which harness to get???
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:33 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2002 1:00 am
Posts: 5553
Location: Denmark
doggy wrote:
If you can try them out at a shop as everyones body is different and so the harness that your friend recommends and loves might be really uncomfortable for you.

We often find in the mystic range that the warrior fits larger and taller guys well and the shadow the smaller guys as it is thinner and flexier.

The Liquid Force are also very comfy but again, it is all down to the fit. I love my Comp and find the shadow fits me great but my brother prefers the Luxury and Warrior.


Exactly :thumb:

If you had never kitesurfed (or windsurfed) before - you could pick almost ANY harness, or based on recommendations :naughty:

But as you are experienced, and has observed a harness that dont fit you - the only way to go is try in a shop 8)

Totally nonsense to recommend a harness to others - as the only thing one can do, is recommend a harness to one self.

As said before - I have even had harnesses that I found very good in the shop - but after some hours, it did not work for "my" body...

But usually, when trying a harness and hanging in a rope in the shop (in the hook, not the neck that is..) - one finds what works.

Sooooo indiviual :rollgrin:

:D Peter


Top
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], KitingT-rex, OzBungy, William Munney and 21 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group