Favorite Beaches: Nitinat Lake
Style: Teabagging
Gear: Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Flysurfer Speed 4 - 8.0 & 10.0 review

Postby TeabagVic » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:29 pm

Just read the other review, the bar pressure on the Speed4 is noticably higher than on the Speed3, but massively higher than on the Psycho4... Cant believe I ordered one :(

Ozone doesnt do low bar pressure anymore, Flysurfer either, I wont be able to kiteboard anymore!!!! :( :( :(

Please someone create some sort of pully bar that remove bar pressure so we can put it with any kite, do you think that would be feasible?

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Peter_Frank » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:39 pm

TeabagVic wrote:Just read the other review, the bar pressure on the Speed4 is noticably higher than on the Speed3, but massively higher than on the Psycho4... Cant believe I ordered one :(

Ozone doesnt do low bar pressure anymore, Flysurfer either, I wont be able to kiteboard anymore!!!! :( :( :(

Please someone create some sort of pully bar that remove bar pressure so we can put it with any kite, do you think that would be feasible?
Not to be rude - but if most kitesurfers want a "reasonable" bar pressure, in order to feel the kite, I believe this is the right choice ?

Not solving your specific problem, I know, but you should be able to understand the choice, right ?

PS: I love low bar pressure myself - but many SLE wavekites DO have this today.

:D Peter

alexrider
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: foils and foils

Postby alexrider » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:53 pm

TeabagVic wrote:Alex Rider: Any word on bar pressure?
The Speed4 now has a Stopper???
Does that mean that the bar pressure is stronger/higher than Speed3? How much more?
Woonder made the review (he is the OP of this thread). I only pasted it here. He will answer that question for sure.
The bar pressure has never been an issue with FS since years, so I don't think it will be a problem with smaller models...unless you like bar pressure.
Last edited by alexrider on Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alexrider
Very Frequent Poster

Postby alexrider » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:59 pm

TeabagVic wrote:Just read the other review, the bar pressure on the Speed4 is noticably higher than on the Speed3, but massively higher than on the Psycho4... ...
I never noticed differences in bar pressure between models of equivalent sizes. It is always possible to adjust it to your liking. Knowing what a perfectionist Armin is, Sp4 can only be better in that respect.
You don't mean the force needed to get them turning, do you?

Does anyone has the same problem not getting onto foilzone site, Kami's link?
Last edited by alexrider on Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alexrider
Very Frequent Poster

Postby alexrider » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:03 pm

woonder wrote:...
men... you just destroyed my traffic on FB :o

haha....
no, we where only a couple of crazy dudes :) they where marked to read it :P
I can always remove what I put here. :naughty:
Where do you want your traffic?
With acknowledgement that you are the author, it's on tubelesskite too.
And I can always paste that back on all kite related pages of FB.
And you can always bring the suckers into your site by telling they should be reading the original of the review, not the inferior quality of the copy. Surely you can improve on it with a couple more sensational bits of information.

woonder
Medium Poster

Postby woonder » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:22 pm

Alex:
your the men ;)

Bar Pressure:

i personnally HATE bar pressure... and i love the speed3's...
honestly i did not feel any more bar pressure then i was used to... there might be a small difference...
but when i ride my wifees tubes (Kite which is recommanded to have low bar pressure) i can feel the difference and im allways happy to switch back to FS. The Speed 4 has maybe a bit more.. but im really sensitiv to this topic and could not feel a difference.

Ted B
Frequent Poster

Postby Ted B » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:30 pm

Speed 4 8m Deluxe Review by Ted Bautista
Test conditions: Alantic Ocean w/ 4-6’ waves with + size sets
and a side onshore ,very onshore 17-35mph and mega gusty
From the “Hurricane Sandy” just to our south east.
Test Pilot : 6’2” 205lbs 6’1” stretch quad surfboard
I had this kite for over a week we have had no wind , the wind jumped on Saturday I was so pumped to get the new Speed 4 to the beach. Out of the bag I noticed the bridle was simplified only 1 pulley ,no jet flaps and only 1 dump valve in the center of the wing. I closed this stepped on a wing tip , grabbed the other tip, I noticed the kite filled instantly. I launched it at the side of the window and it went up perfectly! At the zenith it was mega stable and there was like no pull with the strap at full power and the bar all the way out ,I felt as I would need the 10m. But a quick pull of the Bar revealed that there was plenty of power for the 8m. I was amazed at the amount of depower at the bar. Fully pulled in I was floating fully out I could stand comfortably. I new it was mega gusty from the wind meters and my other friends on the beach had given me reports. I was also watching my friends kites jelly fishing and jumping around in the sky.. But none of this was transferring through the bar to me.. The Speed 4 is amazing at eating the Gusts. I Noticed other kiters where having problems staying upwind ( they where flying 8-11m Lei’s) and making it out through the break which at times was pretty big and the onshore winds where making it harder. I grabbed my 6’1” stretch jumped in the water threw the kite to the left and off I went at an super steep angle making it through the break with no problems and I was always the Kiter who was the most upwind and I was also the guy who would ride the longest waves downwind. The kite has so much depower the gust coming through would not even effect me even being strapless in such choppy conditions. The Speed 4 turns really nice and has good power through the turns. Its turning radius is very tight and in my opinion turns faster then the Psycho 8 and maybe even faster then the Psycho 6m. Going down the line surfing directly towards the kite I could loop it perfectly and it responded and stayed in the zone perfectly even when I would slack the lines. The kite was such a pleasure to ride I never put it in the water but I kited until my arms gave up.
Turning Speed ( my guess is it turns like a 9m lei ) Very Tight radius and it can pivot with very tight depowered with little pull or a tug of the bar and you get great pull all the way through the loop. Stability is amazing I say really Ultra stable especially the feeling at the bar. Feed Back is much improved the kites feel is very direct and you can feel its position in the sky at all times.. Best Flysurfer yet for this!!!! Depower the wind range is huge!!! I never touched the depower strap..I know this kite can jump I played with pulling the trigger off my surf board and the vertical lift was amazing. All in all this a huge jump for flysurfer . The speed 4 is a really amazing addition to the Flysurfer Line.. I will review the 10m and more on the 8m with twintips in the next days…

Séb
Frequent Poster
Gear: Flysurfer, Core, Shinn, Moses, Horue

Postby Séb » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:38 pm

In regard to the bar pressure here is what Armin told me :

"It is a bit more, which is not too bad a smaller kiter as you can feel them better. We did it like the feedback was for the SPEED4 in this smaller sizes.
A Hard/Softsteering line like at the SPEED3 12.0-19.0 makes no sense as you can only increase the bar pressure.
If you make the mixer more tight, the bar pressure will become a lot less. If you open the mixer (B-Main Longer) it becomes more.

Thanks, Armin"

plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: EE
Favorite Beaches: NZ
Style: Terrain riding
Gear: Old wornout ozone.
Plummet hydrofoil and mutant

Postby plummet » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:15 pm

i want to know about the 15m s4. !

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:55 pm

What is PMU waiting for to join in....an invitation?...i am surprised to see no RAMpage yet ... :lol:

Return to “Kitesurfing”