Style: Teabagging
Gear: Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Flysurfer Speed 4 - 8.0 & 10.0 review

Postby TeabagVic » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:00 pm

Thanks for the quick reply.

I am not complaining about Flysurfer, neither Ozone Edge, they listen to the mass, and this is what they need to do in order to satisfy them. (right choice to do obviously)

It just sucks for me and the 5%-10% of people that either prefer low bar pressure or have to get kite with low bar pressure due to chronic tendonitis or physical restraint. I am in no way pissed off agains't Flysurfer or Ozone, actually thankful to them because they allowed me to continue practicing this sport for many years.

If the Speed4 10m as the same bar pressure as the Speed3 15m then im fine to kiteboard long hours everyday. If it has the same bar pressure as the Speed3 21m or Ozone Edge 13m then I ll have to be more careful and limit my time on the water, thats it. Cant wait to try it though.

Thanks for the info, Ian

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:13 pm

Check this out...i read on the Flysurfer website...new SP4 larger sizes..12-15- "18" -21

Yes 18 meter...i always felt the 19 was too close in size to the 21..great move from Flysurfer !

The Captain
Frequent Poster

Postby The Captain » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:25 pm

SupaEZ wrote:Check this out...i read on the Flysurfer website...new SP4 larger sizes..12-15- "18" -21

Yes 18 meter...i always felt the 19 was too close in size to the 21..great move from Flysurfer !
I concur! :thumb: for an 18m!

alexrider
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: foils and foils

Postby alexrider » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:53 pm

The Captain wrote:
SupaEZ wrote:Check this out...i read on the Flysurfer website...new SP4 larger sizes..12-15- "18" -21

I concur! :thumb: for an 18m!
I vote for a 17!

21 - 17 - 14 - 11.5 - 9 - 7 - 5.5

Please re-design the range, Armin.

gmb13
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1998
Local Beach: Flag Beach, Fuerteventura
Style: Everything
Gear: Indiana, Sailmon
Brand Affiliation: Indiana, Sailmon

Postby gmb13 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:44 pm

TeabagVic wrote:Thanks for the quick reply.

I am not complaining about Flysurfer, neither Ozone Edge, they listen to the mass, and this is what they need to do in order to satisfy them. (right choice to do obviously)

It just sucks for me and the 5%-10% of people that either prefer low bar pressure or have to get kite with low bar pressure due to chronic tendonitis or physical restraint. I am in no way pissed off agains't Flysurfer or Ozone, actually thankful to them because they allowed me to continue practicing this sport for many years.

If the Speed4 10m as the same bar pressure as the Speed3 15m then im fine to kiteboard long hours everyday. If it has the same bar pressure as the Speed3 21m or Ozone Edge 13m then I ll have to be more careful and limit my time on the water, thats it. Cant wait to try it though.

Thanks for the info, Ian
Hi,

Holden is exaggerating the Bar pressure a bit. The Speed 4 has a little bit of bar pressure (pressure when you pull the bar towards you to power up) to the Speed 3. The Power comes a lot more direct on the Speed 4 though which makes it feel a lot more solid than the speed 3. The PS4 had almost no bar pressure which gave it a very indirect feel.

The steering pressure is just as light as the Speed 3. You can still fly the Speed 4 with the minimum of effort. The bar pressure is still way lighter than any tube kite out there.

--
Gunnar

TeabagVic
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Vancouver Island
Favorite Beaches: Nitinat Lake
Style: Teabagging
Gear: Flysurfer

Postby TeabagVic » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:08 am

Thanks Gunnar, you guys are great with feedback, I am pretty sure that ill be fine (as I said I can ride the Speed 3 15m for 4-6 hours many days in a row without any problems) so if the Speed4 10m is similar to that 15m (S3) ill be more than fine.

The way you describe how the pressure works on the S4 seem a little bit like how the Edge works (not much pressure, but pressure comes more when you pull). But it will be less than the Edge obviously.

You are right, there is no bar pressure in the Psycho4. I cant wait to try the S4 10m, if I like it Ill order a 8m for sure. Will see for the 15m and 18m next year, depending how much pressure it is but ill know this after only ~ 2 hours on the 10m. And by then if there are some new S3 left somewhere, well ill buy them before they go away (I was/am extremely happy with them anyway)

Cant wait to get new height on this 10m!!!

fernmanus
Very Frequent Poster

Postby fernmanus » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:54 am

Woonder, Ted,

Great reviews! Can't wait to get my hands on these 2 new kites. Any word on when the larger sizes are scheduled to be rolled out?

Kenny

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:01 am

Seems like foilzone is down...

I find the bar pressure on my Speeds to be low but consistent - even when the wind picks up, it's pretty much the same. All mine are set in the middle - when they can be.

Flew my 13m Xbow for the first time in a long time yesterday - had the bar pulled out of my fingers in the gusts :-/ bar pressure increases with the wind, it seems.

I'm with Alex on the sizes :) we have a lot of in-between wind here too...

PBKiteboarding
Very Frequent Poster
Style: New School
Gear: Fone
Nobile
Ozone Water & Snow
Flysurfer
Flyboards
Ocean Rodeo
Seaspecs
Location: PBKiteboarding.com Sales-Repair-Lessons Ozone, Aboards, Flysurfer, OR, Canada USA Worlwide

Postby PBKiteboarding » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:02 am

Here is a great Video from Eddy...
See some close up info.... not english but you'll see some details..
We really needed some smaller Speeds!

Paul
www.PBKiteboarding.com

woonder
Medium Poster

Postby woonder » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:28 am

here are some speed 4 expert tips from the manual :D
Attachments
Speed4_Expert_Tips.jpg