Rare Poster
Local Beach: Netherland, Germany, France, Spain
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Spleene crashed in 2012

Postby yesindeed » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:13 pm

:bye:
Last edited by yesindeed on Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lisaped
Medium Poster

Postby lisaped » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:58 pm

yesindeed wrote:
Ted B wrote:As the USA Importer for Spleene Kiteboarding, I have not heard this! I have been talking to Rainer the owner on a regular basis..
There was a break down with the owner and his partner company.. This partner company did many bad things to the spleene importers around the world. And Rainer was forced to find a new partner that would help his company not hurt it!!
But I have been testing new proto types and I understand that spleene will be back full force with a new partner and a complete line of new products and I am told that spleene will be stronger then ever before... We should see new boards before the new year!!! I have been testing the new SPX2 and it is a Great kite.. so much fun to ride!!!!

If anything I would say these rumors have come from this partner company , to try to hurt spleene kiteboarding further..
It seems to be your point of view. You say you talked to Rainer, did you talk to the partner company? Lets see what happens, I heard many more and google keeps in mind...
Not difficult to find out whats going on....so what, not my problem.
I talked to that partner company this summer. In fact they always tried to hide away and never answer any questions. I don't know about relations and the situation between Rainer and them but can definately say that partner company are complete arseholes. How could Rainer get hypnotized I don't know. Also I don't know why that partner wrote strange word Bionixx on fins, pads, straps and handles of boards. That sounded stupid and agriculturaly medical. Also that company had 3 or 4 other names. All that was so strange and unprofessional that now I am very glad to know that farmers moved away from Spleene.

john a
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freestyle, airstyle, freeride, snowkite
Gear: Eleveight
Brand Affiliation: Eleveight

Postby john a » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:19 pm

Rainer Kauper wrote:
yesindeed wrote:early 2012 Spleene (www.spleene.com) crashed.
As far as I know it was not caused by world wide recision but by bad character of its owner.
It is rumored that the owner of the brand annoyed a lot of people and finally pissed off with round about half million Euros debt, not willing to pay back any buck, but wiling to continue producing kites and boards with another idiot's money. Bad story.
Hi yesindeed,

I have checked your profile and it seems that you have signed in at kiteforum.com only for one single reason: You want to hurt Spleene and my person.

Be sure that we will not accept this and our lawyers will get in touch with you, because we are pretty sure who you are. PMU was funny in some ways and in the end he made a perfect advertising for Flysurfer without charging, but your postings are a completely different category.

Ciao

Rainer Kauper
Not any of my business, but seriously - this is a forum, and people must be free to utter their opinion, even if it´s stupid or wrong - it´s called freedom of speech! I don´t like it when people talk down on the kites I ride, since I think they are the best hehe (like everyone else), but threat to sue someone??? Kind of childish (or american)... You killed his post in the first line, but if they are still up and running why just not say so? Are they? I´m still wondering... Of course sad if kite companies quit, but interesting to se the development in the market. Btw have a friend that ride the brand and he is happy :)

Anabatic_co_nz
Medium Poster
Local Beach: New Zealand
Gear: 12m 9m and 7m Skull Kite
Brand Affiliation: Founder of Kiteboarding.RED

Postby Anabatic_co_nz » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:33 pm

@Rainer Kauper, well you did the right thing to log in and give a different impression of your business. But if you don't agree that SPLEENE is broke just say so.
If you own the company you should try put forward positive stuff on forums and we will listen as you position is the one we are interested in.

I know Forums are a pit of negativity at times and it can feel friken awful to read something like that, but remember 99% of people are reading not posting.
I don't think threatening people who are discussing the topic was the best approach.

I found the topic interesting, & I never knew you made kites. So at least you were gettting free advertising ;) Wishing you every success!

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:08 pm

yesindeed wrote:early 2012 Spleene (www.spleene.com) crashed.
As far as I know it was not caused by world wide recision but by bad character of its owner.
It is rumored that the owner of the brand annoyed a lot of people and finally pissed off with round about half million Euros debt, not willing to pay back any buck, but wiling to continue producing kites and boards with another idiot's money. Bad story.
You can't really say stuff like this without backing it up. Saying it is "rumoured"...so far you are the only one who say this, so the rumour comes from you.

When you laugh at the spleen guy when he says they will find you remember that the forum software logs your ip address so it is entirely possible (depending on a few things).

lobodomar
Frequent Poster

Postby lobodomar » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:43 pm

Anabatic_co_nz wrote: I don't think threatening people who are discussing the topic was the best approach.
The fella isn't "discussing" the topic. He created a profile only to post this thread, hiding behind a nickname and defaming a real person and his company. Not what I would call a real discussion.

yesindeed
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Netherland, Germany, France, Spain

Postby yesindeed » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:25 am

:bye:
Last edited by yesindeed on Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jakemoore
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Gear: More wing than kite

Postby jakemoore » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:42 am

john a wrote: Not any of my business, but seriously - this is a forum, and people must be free to utter their opinion, even if it´s stupid or wrong - it´s called freedom of speech

Wrong. If untrue, this post is libel. If it is related to the collection of a debt (which may be disputed) then this is harassment. Accusing a company on making a kite aerodynamically inferior is an opinion. Publically accusing a private person of a crime or serious character flaw like default on a debt or marital infidelity is very different. I suspect the law in Germany is not too different to the USA here.

Now if the post were true and a judgement made in court, then it would just be the truth. Why would Spleene reply if that were true? Why would their distributors stand up for Spleene.

Either way it would be a shame to see Spleene go. They have given me many great light wind sessions.

Pump me up
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: Inflatables

Postby Pump me up » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:51 am

jakemoore wrote:Accusing a company on making a kite aerodynamically inferior is an opinion
No - ram airs are aerodynamically inferior compared to inflatables. This is a verifiable fact. If anyone wants to know the reasons, I'm happy to post them...
Rainer Kauper wrote: PMU was funny in some ways and in the end he made a perfect advertising for Flysurfer without charging
I'm sorry to hear you think that :cry: Just wanted to reiterate that ram airs, regardless of the company making them (Flysurfer, Spleene, Peter Lynn, etc) are aerodynamically inferior compared to inflatables. Rainer - please let me know if you'd like me to list the reasons...

Drachenschmied
Medium Poster

Postby Drachenschmied » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:10 am

:D :D :D :P didnt hear from you quitte a long time :D

Return to “Kitesurfing”