Favorite Beaches: Sinks of Gandy WVa, Snowmesa Co, Centennial Valley Mt
Style: Telemark Ski
Gear: Ozone foils
Brand Affiliation: none
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Trick or Treat?

Postby rvrrat » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:19 am

:lol: As you know, the Superstorm rolled thru Western Maryland and West Virginia on Mon. At elevations around 2000' where I live we got 1-2 feet. They got over 3 feet at elevations over 3000'. Not bad for Halloween in the Mid Atlantic. Alot of people are in disaster mode. Trees are down blocking roads and the power is out across the whole region. After gettin' the generator runnin' and stokin' the stove it was time to get the kites up down the road from the house at one of my favorite spots. We got 2 great days on our kites on some real soft, carvable wet snow. And lots of it! What a treat! I hope this is a sign of things to come. We are due for a good winter after last years lame attempt. JR
Attachments
SANY0299.JPG
100_3874.JPG
100_3872.JPG
SANY0332.JPG
SANY0342.JPG

CaptainArgh
Very Frequent Poster
Style: freeride, surf, slicks, dwindr exploring
Gear: SS RPM 6, SST 8/10 and Rally 12

Re: Trick or Treat?

Postby CaptainArgh » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:58 am

Man, this was one CRAZY storm... We had an absolutely epic weekend water kiting on the Chesapeake Bay and beaches before the storm, then the storm came and left a horrific path of destruction for many, but it also brought a BLIZZARD of snow to western Maryland!?

I got the call at 10:PM from a rvrrat letting me know that conditions were good and the forecast was great for today. Snowkiting in MARYLAND in October? ...since the storm damage was minimal near me, I just had to make it work.

Here are some pics from today;

Rvrrat getting ready to tear it up free heel style.

:)

fresh powder launch

you can see where we parked up there behind me (w/ the trainer flying)

the GoPro actually caught a jump. take a shot every 2 seconds and every 100 or so photos you get a keeper!

HQ trainer, Ozone foil, Slingshot LEI. Good times, good times…

great post-session stoke! (and beer)
interesting note, I bought those Shiner cans after and epic session Sunday on the bay. I guess that beer had good karma. It also helps to have an enthusiastic welcoming host like rvrrat. ;)

Yeehaa.

Return to “Snow / Land”