jumarcil
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Bozo Beach
Gear: Core xr3: 7 and 9, escape 11m 2015, leopard 9 and 11
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: Spleene crashed in 2012

Postby jumarcil » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:18 am

We have a user that created a nick on the forum on the 28th ... the only post he ever made is to "inform" us about spleen allegedly financial wreck. Doesn't that sound a bit weird...

Even if it was true; what is the main purpose of your post Mr Yesindeed.... you seem like a frustrated person that wants revenge.

And honestly if it is none of your problem, why do you post this in the first place;
yesindeed wrote: It seems to be your point of view. You say you talked to Rainer, did you talk to the partner company? Lets see what happens, I heard many more and google keeps in mind...
Not difficult to find out whats going on....so what, not my problem.

jakemoore
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Gear: More wing than kite

Postby jakemoore » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:32 am

Pump me up wrote:
jakemoore wrote:Accusing a company on making a kite aerodynamically inferior is an opinion
No - ram airs are aerodynamically inferior compared to inflatables. This is a verifiable fact. If anyone wants to know the reasons, I'm happy to post them...
Please do! More people need to know, and this thread needs an upside or it's just going to be a waste of bandwidth.

Doesn't Spleene have a RAM air kite hype? Certainly one must have crashed somewhere in 2012. Must have been 40 kg of air in the kite dragging it down to the bottom of the sea.

naishdude
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Holland
Spain
Danemark
France
Favorite Beaches: everywhere at the seaside, where it is allowed to kite
Style: cruising& wave
Gear: Airush Sector 54 V5, Cypher5'8 active, compact 5'6, Compact5'5 active, Limit Waves custom 5'6
Ozone reo V5 12 9 7 5
Brand Affiliation: none

Postby naishdude » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:15 am

Pump me up wrote: please let me know if you'd like me to list the reasons...
Oooh noooo PMU, we all know them by heart right now...although some might not know yoy :lol: :lol:
Good to see you are still alive and kicking :dance: :dance:

Dude :cool2:

yesindeed
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Netherland, Germany, France, Spain
Been thanked: 0

Postby yesindeed » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:34 pm

jumarcil wrote:We have a user that created a nick on the forum on the 28th ... the only post he ever made is to "inform" us about spleen allegedly financial wreck. Doesn't that sound a bit weird...

Even if it was true; what is the main purpose of your post Mr Yesindeed.... you seem like a frustrated person that wants revenge.

And honestly if it is none of your problem, why do you post this in the first place;
to be honest: I just wanted to post it under this thread viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2377796 (health of the kite-industry). Bad mistake to open a new thread, but that shit happened. I'm new to this forum and maybe not used to some techniques. But funny to see how people react. The spleen guy sent out his friends.
Nevertheless, I don't want to add fuel to the fire. Things gonna go their way without this forum.
Écoute bien, spleen

Anabatic_co_nz
Medium Poster
Local Beach: New Zealand
Gear: 12m 9m and 7m Skull Kite
Brand Affiliation: Founder of Kiteboarding.RED
Been thanked: 0

Postby Anabatic_co_nz » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:26 am

@yesindeed - Welcome to the Forum! :thumb:
There is a right bunch of opinionated passionate kiters here.
As you will quickly realise the brand love riders have for one brand over another is fascinating.
It makes no sense to new or non kiters, but it is very real. Almost tribal but it's non localised.
It is in itself a measure of a brands success.

I have brands I love & hate, some I will jump to defend without reason and some I wish the success of 1000 staff ;)

It is not just limited to brands, all media is owned including this forum.
This is still the best forum out there I have found and it survived the rise of the evil FaceBook.

The message you delivered is welcome, you might just have saved some importers many thousands of dollars. Importers take the lions share of the risk in this sport.

Welcome aboard :D

Rainer Kauper
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Mallorca Beaches
Style: Riding nice waves & Hydrofoil
Gear: Maverick Kites
Pintxo Bar
Brand Affiliation: Kauper XT

Postby Rainer Kauper » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:34 am

Anabatic_co_nz wrote:@Rainer Kauper
If you own the company you should try put forward positive stuff on forums and we will listen as you position is the one we are interested in.
Hi,

good idea. Our importers advised me to this thread, because we have no time at the moment to check forums etc. We are so busy with setting up the new products for next season that we even forgot to update the company info at our facebook fan page, but now it´s done. :D

Right now were are working together with our production places to get the new boards within this year and we are confident that it will come true. We have spent the whole summer to bring our ideas into the new shapes. Our focus was to increase the grip and gliding performance of the jet bottom (channel at bottom side). After some very different prototypes we found a really good balance between performance and comfort. Another target was to reduce the weight and optimize the flex in all directions. Here we analysed the 3D-shape and modified the profile in total.

The new website is also in progress and will be updated soon.

Our new kites are nearly finished too and ready for serial production.

We are sure you will like the new Spleene products etc. and our importers can´t wait to get the new stuff. :wink:

Please check Facebook & our website to stay updated for the launch.

Thanks

Ciao

Rainer Kauper
-------------------
www.spleene-kiteboarding.com

Return to “Kitesurfing”