14 Epic Screamer
12 Liquid Force Havoc
16 Cabrinha Switchblade
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Epic Kites 3rd Generation. 3G II

Postby Flight Time » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:52 am

Dimitri, what is the main differences between the 2011 bar and the new Epic bar?

I'm not liking my 2010 Liquid Force bar much with my Screamer because it has no swivel at all. It has plenty of depower, but the lack of a swivel pisses me off. The Cabrinha bar I have for my 16 has a swivel, way up on the lines, which really doesn't turn at all when the lines are under load. It also doesn't have enough depower, has no stopper, and is really too long for the Screamer.

I'm liking the idea of a swivel that can be turned manually while riding because even the best swivel in the lines can be stopped cold with a grain of sand. The in line swivels barely turn with just the pressure of the lines even when they are perfectly clean and oiled.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:44 am

Dimitri, what is the main differences between the 2011 bar and the new Epic bar?
I'm not liking my 2010 Liquid Force bar much with my Screamer because it has no swivel at all. It has plenty of depower, but the lack of a swivel pisses me off. The Cabrinha bar I have for my 16 has a swivel, way up on the lines, which really doesn't turn at all when the lines are under load. It also doesn't have enough depower, has no stopper, and is really too long for the Screamer.
I'm liking the idea of a swivel that can be turned manually while riding because even the best swivel in the lines can be stopped cold with a grain of sand. The in line swivels barely turn with just the pressure of the lines even when they are perfectly clean and oiled.

Dear Mr.Flight Time,
The difference between the 2011 XTEND EPIC BAR and the new one we are working on have the same idea with the swivel which is on top of the Chicken Loop. But for the new XTEND EPIC BAR that will be out soon the new Chicken Loop will give you (2) options:
(FLAGGING THE KITE 100%) and (SUICIDE MODE) which will depower the kite 85%, 50% or 30% depending where your Stopper ball is set on the throw of your CL line.
The reason we have it on the CL is so you can do it manually while kiting (see video)

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:47 pm

Congratulations to Jessica Winkler for her 3rd place in "The 2012 World Kite Speed Championships." :thumb:
Attachments
photo.jpg

ed257
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ed257 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:54 pm

Dimitri M wrote:

Dear Mr.Flight Time,
The difference between the 2011 XTEND EPIC BAR and the new one we are working on have the same idea with the swivel which is on top of the Chicken Loop. But for the new XTEND EPIC BAR that will be out soon the new Chicken Loop will give you (2) options:
(FLAGGING THE KITE 100%) and (SUICIDE MODE) which will depower the kite 85%, 50% or 30% depending where your Stopper ball is set on the throw of your CL line.
The reason we have it on the CL is so you can do it manually while kiting (see video)

Dimitri,

The Xtend Bar looks great. If you have the stopper set and are riding against it, can you push through the stopper with the bar, or do you need to use your other hand to slide it up?

Ed

ed257
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ed257 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:28 pm

Dimitri M wrote:Congratulations to Jessica Winkler for her 3rd place in "The 2012 World Kite Speed Championships." :thumb:
What was Jessica riding?

Ed

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:03 pm

Dimitri,
The Xtend Bar looks great. If you have the stopper set and are riding against it, can you push through the stopper with the bar, or do you need to use your other hand to slide it up?
Ed
Hello ed257,
Check the video I just posted about the CL and you will see that you can push the STOPPER BALL with the bar or with one of your hands. Plus check how you can untwist the middle lines using the SWIVEL.
Now concerning Jessica 3rd place for the World Speed, I do beleive she was on the SCREAMER kites.

Flight Time
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Venice Beach
Skyway Bridge North
Style: Freeride
Gear: 12 Epic Screamer
14 Epic Screamer
12 Liquid Force Havoc
16 Cabrinha Switchblade
Been thanked: 0

Postby Flight Time » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:28 pm

Ooooh, I like that! I like how you can swivel the lines at the loop, and I like the suicide and full release settings. I also like how easy it is to feed the lines back through the bar after a full release. Neither of my bars are that easy.

2 questions:

Do you have any prototypes that I can pick up early, or if I get a 2011 bar, how much will it be to get the loop parts to upgrade when you release the new bar?

How easy will it be to use your bar with the kite hero line mount?

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:04 pm

Do you have any prototypes that I can pick up early, or if I get a 2011 bar, how much will it be to get the loop parts to upgrade when you release the new bar?
How easy will it be to use your bar with the kite hero line mount?
Hello Flight Time,
I am sorry but I don't want any one to have these prototypes because I am not 100% happy with them so I don't want to sell them or give them to any one until I have the perfect Chicken Loop ready. We are working on few minor adjustment to make this CL one of the best Chicken Loop in the market for years to come. So please be patient with me and I won't disappoint you.

P.S. Yes the prototype CL we have right now is really nice but Momi and I know we can improve it even better. Nothing will change on the look and the way the CL works except changing the angle of the hole where the loop goes in and some space inside the mechanism in order to release the sand easier.

ed257
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ed257 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:50 pm

Dimitri M wrote:
Dimitri,
Ed
Hello ed257,
Check the video I just posted about the CL and you will see that you can push the STOPPER BALL with the bar or with one of your hands. Plus check how you can untwist the middle lines using the SWIVEL.
Now concerning Jessica 3rd place for the World Speed, I do beleive she was on the SCREAMER kites.
Looks good. Also I do like the spinner being right on top of the CL. Most bars have it way up high above the depower strap, which can be difficult to reach.

Ed

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:33 pm

Testing the durability of the REEF v2 6'0" surf board.
Again surf boards are not meant to be jumped in such high altitudes. They are designed for wave riding, so jump at your own risk.
Attachments
Dimitri testing the durability of the EPIC surf board.  This board lasted 4 months with 27 session of hard landings.jpg

Return to “Kitesurfing”