Forum for kitesurfers
speedyRider
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Slingshot RPM 2013

Postby speedyRider » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:47 pm

currently on rpms 2012, loving them. Is there any news about the 2013 rpm development? I know they are out usually in January but any news about what we should expect?

Also we could also list things we would like to be added, maybe SS would listen :)

- I would like a bar with the following things: extensions (like 20m+3m). Bar size adjustable. Above the bar clamcleat option.

- As for the kites i think they perform really well, no complaints here. I would add a better reinforcement on the leading edge. My kites are ok after use but they just leave the bag for flying (no flapping on the beach), but due to its shape the kite flaps a lot when parked and ive seen some kites destroyed because of this, you have to take care of them more than other kites

Do NOT make them more powerful in low end as this would probably make the kite more like a tractor or delta type and lose slack and other things i really like now, if anything make it more closer to a C performance or dont change it at all.

Oh, and add the pump in the price

kite-it-right
Medium Poster

Re: Slingshot RPM 2013

Postby kite-it-right » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:27 pm

We have 26% off 2012 RPMs last few sizes

Link Here www.kiteitright.com

speedyRider
Frequent Poster

Postby speedyRider » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:01 pm

g0nz0
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Calshot, Lepe, Poole, Meon, Hillhead
Gear: Slingshot Rally, Naish Momentum, Custom surfboard, Skimboards
Brand Affiliation: 24-7 Boardsports employee & shop rider

Postby g0nz0 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:47 pm

The distributor samples have just landed in the UK :D Can't wait to get our sticky fingers on them at 24-7 boardsports.

I'll stick some info up once I'm allowed to :wink:

Dan

Vikb
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Lake Nihtnat, Vancouver Island, BC Canada
Favorite Beaches: La Ventana
Style: Freeride...
Gear: Ocean Rodeo

Postby Vikb » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:46 pm

speedyRider wrote:currently on rpms 2012, loving them. Is there any news about the 2013 rpm development? I know they are out usually in January but any news about what we should expect?
http://www.thekiteboarder.com/2012/09/2 ... surf-expo/

CaptainArgh
Very Frequent Poster
Style: freeride, surf, slicks, dwindr exploring
Gear: SS RPM 6, SST 8/10 and Rally 12

Postby CaptainArgh » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:08 pm

Ahhhhh...I love this time of year when all the rumors and hype starts to come out about the next kite to be released. Fun times.

Sounds like SS put a lot of effort into the Rally re-design this year and didnt f*ck with the Fuel and RPM too much. That KiteboarderMag video link was great. What I gathered from that video and the PDF on 2013 changes;

2013 RPM changes
- additional attachment points
- bridal tweaks
- 12 and 14 are a little larger

2013 Bar Changes
- color changes
- new volcano top (no chafe on fingers, smoother on the rope)
- added on lock-on line ends (looks like velcro on the o-shit handles to let you wrap up the bar neater)
- bar sizes labeled on floats - 17x20M 20x23M 23x27M bar.

Cool stuff. The animals would get angry if they changed too much on the RPM. I like the size increase on the 12 and 14s. I did hear comments about low end on the large sizes, so that makes good sense. But it'll take a lot to get that 14M Rally out of my hands... :D

MATRICIANO
Medium Poster

Postby MATRICIANO » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:56 am

hi guys. i'm Mario from Roma. i just hope that rpm 2013 will be very similar to rpm 2012, because i can't imagine something better!!
Last edited by MATRICIANO on Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AlexandreBorges
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Jericoacoara (CE) and São Luís (MA)
Favorite Beaches: Jericoacoara (CE) and São Luís (MA)
Style: Freestyle
Gear: Cabrinha Crossbow 2010

Postby AlexandreBorges » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:29 am

MATRICIANO wrote:hi guys. i'm Mario and i work for a surf shop in Roma. i'm one of the lucky person that have a rpm 10 meters 2013!!! i've tryed it in very lite condition until 25 knots!! at the moment i can say that it looks to be much more better il wave situation (i used with new celeritas 5'11). the kite drift more then the past one. considered thet the rpm 2012 was simply the best wave kite in my opinion, i wandered how the designer could make a better kite from last year. but he does!!!! i still didn't try in freestyle but it seems to be good, because of a much cryspy materia on the tip and on the canopy. the kite looks ligther and, expecially in lite wind it works better. i want to suggest something to rpm's user: use it on wake style configuration!. it works better for me. it flye 5 degrees much up wind also when wind is very lite and it is impossible to make it backstall. this can save some session when you want to kite under its range. on this way i can use the 9 metre in 13 knots ( i'm 79 kilos).
finally i can say that fortunally the kite doesn't chaged so much. just little intelligent changes.
p.s. sorry for my very bad english... i'm lazy Italian!!
Black envy!
Great opinion since you could compare 2012 and 2013.
How did you get one 2013 so early?

speedyRider
Frequent Poster

Postby speedyRider » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:16 am

Hi Matriciano, can you compare turning speed and bar pressure?

I also noticed in the PDF a big change: now 10m has 23m lines (not 25m) and 9m and smaller has 20m lines instead of 23m (you can add slingshot 3m extensions i guess). I think you could say in your comparison what line lenght you used :)

DANIELR
Rare Poster
Style: wakestyle
Gear: epic renegade 6&9 slingshot rally

Postby DANIELR » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:16 pm

any more news on when they will be released and new features????? :thumb:

Return to “Kitesurfing”