Epic Kites 3rd Generation. 3G II

Forum for kitesurfers
L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .
Has thanked: 0

Re: Epic Kites 3rd Generation. 3G II

Postby L0KI » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:54 pm

It this is gonna be a freestyle or wakey type..
138 or 137 long
41.5 , 42, or maybe 41 wide...but the wider number is probably better.
More rocker'ed and channel'ed.
Thick edges, not the super thin like freeride types
Flex not so much at tips but throughout or more from the middle.
Cabrina Custom, Wainman Joke, Best Profanity etc.

Dj A-Ron
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cass Lake MI
Port Huron MI (Lake Huron)
Metro Beach MI (Lake St. Clair)
Harsens Island MI (Lake St. Clair)
Favorite Beaches: Tawas MI (Lake Huron)
Oscoda MI (Lake Huron)
Little Sable Point MI (Lake Michigan)
The Flats (Key West)
Anywhere in Cape Hatteras
Kite Beach (Maui)
La Ventana (Mexico)
Barkers (Grand Caymen)
Style: Freeride/Freestyle
Gear: Kites: Epic Renegade 9m 3G, Airush Lithium 12m & 14m, Blade Fat Lady 17m

Boards: Epic Droid, Oxygen, Spartan, Airush Cypher 5'6"
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby Dj A-Ron » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:38 pm

Some friends and I were just talking about how you need a board between the droid and the Oxygen. A friend of mine wants to buy his "small" board but he is 6'2" and weighs 240lbs. He already has a big door style board as his big board but now that he is past the beginner stage he's ready for a smaller second board. I always recommend the epic gear to friends (he has an Infinity) but I think the droid is to small for him. It sounds like you are planning on making a more advanced wake style board but I think you should also consider making something between the Oxygen and droid that is an all around freeride board also. Like a big brother to the droid... I could probably sell a couple for you.

soul19
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Prov
Favorite Beaches: Prov
little current
westbay
Style: try not to drown style
Gear: Whatever I own at the time....
Brand Affiliation: hook a brother up!!!

Postby soul19 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:47 pm

Hey I am considering picking up some judge kites (I am finally past the learning stage) and get better every session that I go out. I have owned Hifi kites in the past (really liked them) and looking to add some wakestyle kites to my existing quiver (BWS noise). I cannot find much info on these kites except for the epic video. What are the overall impression with these kites and how user friendly are they? The noise kites have alot of grunt power but I find very easy to ride.... I am a bigger rider at 6ft and around 195lbs. I found that the hifi's were very stable and also nice to fly (at no point did I feel that they were too much for me). What are the judges like?

James
www.theglobalartist.com

ed257
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ed257 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:34 am

Dj A-Ron wrote:Some friends and I were just talking about how you need a board between the droid and the Oxygen. A friend of mine wants to buy his "small" board but he is 6'2" and weighs 240lbs. He already has a big door style board as his big board but now that he is past the beginner stage he's ready for a smaller second board. I always recommend the epic gear to friends (he has an Infinity) but I think the droid is to small for him. It sounds like you are planning on making a more advanced wake style board but I think you should also consider making something between the Oxygen and droid that is an all around freeride board also. Like a big brother to the droid... I could probably sell a couple for you.
I agree. Something around 135 x 43. This can serve as a small to medium riders light wind board or larger guys moderate to higher wind board.

Ed

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:42 pm

Guys thank you so much for all your inputs.
The new "DIMITRI PRO" board I am working on will have more rocker then the DROID or the SPARTAN boards and will be using the same wood core I am using now.
Also so you know, all the EPIC boards are compatible and can be use with bindings or straps. A good example is Rocky Chatwell who uses the DROID and the OXYGEN board with bindings and with straps depending what he wants to do.
Any way the new prototype board I am working on will be a more advance board and will be use for Wakestyle or for FreeRide, in few words it will be a "crossover" type of board. Once again we are still in the prototype mode, and these pictures bellow will show you the "DIMITRI PRO" prototype we are working on so you get a better idea of what's going on. Don't pay attention to the graphics because the graphic I have on this board is from the OXYGEN V2 until we have the new graphic ready for this prototype.

By the way you guys are great. I have had some many info from FACEBOOK and few KITEFORUMS that I am sure will be able to get something really nice and fun.
Once again, thank you so much for your help.
:thumb:
Attachments
Prototype DIMITRI PRO board with Oxygen v2 graphics.JPG
Dimitri Pro idea using OXYGEN v2 graphics.JPG
Dimitri Pro prototype.JPG
Rocky with bindings on OXYGEN v1.jpg
Rocky with bindings on OXYGEN v1.jpg (19.03 KiB) Viewed 1585 times

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:21 pm

Hey I am considering picking up some judge kites (I am finally past the learning stage) and get better every session that I go out. I have owned Hifi kites in the past (really liked them) and looking to add some wakestyle kites to my existing quiver (BWS noise). I cannot find much info on these kites except for the epic video. What are the overall impression with these kites and how user friendly are they? The noise kites have alot of grunt power but I find very easy to ride.... I am a bigger rider at 6ft and around 195lbs. I found that the hifi's were very stable and also nice to fly (at no point did I feel that they were too much for me). What are the judges like?
James

Hello James "soul19",
The best thing to do will be to get your hands on the JUDGE 8 or the 11 from one of our select dealers. And from what I see you are based in Norther Ontario. So maybe get in touch with KITECAVE at: kitecave@rogers.com or at WAXDESIGN at: seb.waxdesign@gmail.com so you can demo these kites. Or just get in touch with me directly at: dimitri@epickites.com. But the easiest and fastest way will be to go with our select dealers in your aria. They are great and they do a great job.
Now concerning these kites, you have to understand that these kites are very powerful and this is the reason why we came up with the JUDGE 6 also. So if you are looking to kite in 12 to 20 knots go with the JUDGE 11. If you are looking to kite in 17 to 25 knots max go with the JUDGE 8. If you are looking into kiting in 20 to 35 knots go with the JUDGE 6. Every body that has tried them or bought them were very impressed of the pop, stability, relaunchability, and the power of these kites. I wish some one who has tried them could come up and say something about the JUDGE kites.
Attachments
P7271160b.jpg

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:32 pm

I flew the Judge 8 kite a few times and loved it in the range that Dimitri listed.
Then I took the Judge 8 out in 30 mph winds and was able to kite with it, but it was not as fun for me.
The 8M had more power than I expected it would, so the wind range Dimitri gives is accurate.
Jumping is great on this kite, it's a very stable kite.
Relaunch is just like an SLE kite, very very easy.
The airframe is rock solid. Turning is fast but not twitchy.
The Judge is very direct and gives the feel that you get on a true C kite.
It is not for everyone, but those that like the direct feel of a C kite and have a little experience with using your boards edge for kite control, will love this kite.
Like all Epic kites, the Judge is not for sissies! :D

nikalaitzian
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Loutsa Nissakia,Oropos,Vouliagmeni
Style: wave,bigair,megaloops,hydrofoil,wingfoil
Gear: Epic kites,BTS kiteboards,cohete surfboards,SAB,GAC hydrofoils
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites,GAC

Postby nikalaitzian » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:22 am

soul19 wrote:Hey I am considering picking up some judge kites (I am finally past the learning stage) and get better every session that I go out. I have owned Hifi kites in the past (really liked them) and looking to add some wakestyle kites to my existing quiver (BWS noise). I cannot find much info on these kites except for the epic video. What are the overall impression with these kites and how user friendly are they? The noise kites have alot of grunt power but I find very easy to ride.... I am a bigger rider at 6ft and around 195lbs. I found that the hifi's were very stable and also nice to fly (at no point did I feel that they were too much for me). What are the judges like?

James
www.theglobalartist.com

Hi

I am one the guys who trusted Dimitri and got the judges.To be honest I tried them to various conditions from full flat water with smooth wind and gusty chopy sea.I can say that they are the friendliest C kite that I ve riden.I kite 10 years and I have a lot of experience from diferent kites.for the judges there is one word to say.They ROCK!!!
Super stable,uncompromise relaunch cause of the little V-bridle(wich you can bypass by 2 settings freestyle,wave-wake style),grunt power,slack when you need to pass and if you re brave that 8m can give you a lots of adrenaline if you loop it over 25 knots(18m lines come free with every judge).For the 8m I have to say that its low end is impressive since I ride and throw some realy descent unhook tricks with 16 knots(i am 83 kilos). I have to admit that its my favorite.Lately Dimitri gave me a 6m wich I call it the STORMCHASER and last week I was doing some realy big megaloops with 35 knots.i fly it permantly with the 18m and also its low end is impresive..Realy good and fast with a surfboard at 25-30 knots.
The 11m flies really nice when you see 13 knots but you have to try a little more for upwind but who cares since the relaunch is superfast and easy.
The use of 4 lines gets you out of trouble even if you overpass your kite and accidently roll it over(very dificult cause the kite is medium aspect and only happened 1 time to me)and the mini 5th line in the bar also saves your kite.
Lets be honest to ourselves and dont be fairytaled..Nobody became Hadlow usind Hadlows or something similar.You need thousand hours and thousand dollars to become like Aaron.Ok Hadlows slack a lot but you have to go super fast and have perfect conditions.I dont want to say about the relaunch or the usage of a 5th line.Tragic...and every time you crash those kites they loose their durability among with yours , strugling for a relaunch.
Go for the judges … you wont be sorry.People who buy them they fall in love.
A true C kite with the benefits of a hybrid.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:43 pm

Me personally I love the SCREAMER models way better then the JUDGE model. But again no body is perfect.
:allbegood:

Dj A-Ron
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cass Lake MI
Port Huron MI (Lake Huron)
Metro Beach MI (Lake St. Clair)
Harsens Island MI (Lake St. Clair)
Favorite Beaches: Tawas MI (Lake Huron)
Oscoda MI (Lake Huron)
Little Sable Point MI (Lake Michigan)
The Flats (Key West)
Anywhere in Cape Hatteras
Kite Beach (Maui)
La Ventana (Mexico)
Barkers (Grand Caymen)
Style: Freeride/Freestyle
Gear: Kites: Epic Renegade 9m 3G, Airush Lithium 12m & 14m, Blade Fat Lady 17m

Boards: Epic Droid, Oxygen, Spartan, Airush Cypher 5'6"

Postby Dj A-Ron » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:06 pm

Me personally I love the RENEGADE models way better than the SCREAMER. But again no body is perfect. :P
Last edited by Dj A-Ron on Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Kitesurfing”