KiteCulture
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Epic Renegades, Screamer LTD
Brand Affiliation: EPIC kites www.epickites.com
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Epic Kites 3rd Generation. 3G II

Postby KiteCulture » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:20 pm

I love my renegades, but might buy a judge.... It will be perfect!

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:40 pm

This is the INFINITY V3 prototype in basically "NO WIND" conditions.
In my opinion, that is just incredible. Show me another kite that can stay up in the air in basically less then 4 knots and be able to ride on the water.
I am not saying it is fun to kite in 4 knots on a SUP but at least you are on the water exercising doing what you love. And not to forget, you are the only one out kiting while every body else is on the beach watching and drinking trying to figure out how is this possible!!!!!. :naughty:

P.S.Yes I am using an SUP board in this video but this is not important. What's important is that the kite is able to stay up in the air in (2 to 4 knots max) while going up wind on a board.

Flight Time
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Venice Beach
Skyway Bridge North
Style: Freeride
Gear: 12 Epic Screamer
14 Epic Screamer
12 Liquid Force Havoc
16 Cabrinha Switchblade
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Flight Time » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:49 am

+1 on the Screamer! I like to boooooost, and the Screamer does that for me!

kitingkt
Very Frequent Poster

Postby kitingkt » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:12 am

soul19 wrote:Hey I am considering picking up some judge kites
Disclaimer: I work for Epic Kites.

Hi James,

I have ridden bridled kites since 2007. Started on C's 'back in the day' and was happy to see a bridled kite that could depower and relaunch. I have been riding the Renegades for two years now but, did pick up a Judge 8 this summer.

I was apprehensive about the Judge for one reason, relaunch. Memories of swimming like mad to get the kite flipped over kept me from thinking that I would ever purchase one of these. However, I was pleasantly surprised to find that they small V bridle that the Judge has was enough to make relaunch, while not as easy as a SLE, at least helped a great deal. I purposely put this kite down a few times and it always made it back into the air without swimming and in a short period of time.

The feeling of the kite is a bit different than the Renegades for sure. It surges forward in gusts giving you a lot of speed quickly. The Renegades ease you into it a bit more. The kite depowers well, about 70% when you drop the bar probably. Doing raleys is a little different. The kite sits more forward so, you don't have to depower it to make sure it does not backstall. It also gives you slack once you land. You can control this kite a lot more with your board. IE: stomp on the back of the board and the kite shoots forward with more depower.

All in all, I really like the feeling of it. I am not going to trade my Renegades for all Judges but, it is a very fun kite to have in the quiver.

kt

nikalaitzian
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Loutsa Nissakia,Oropos,Vouliagmeni
Style: wave,bigair,megaloops,hydrofoil,wingfoil
Gear: Epic kites,BTS kiteboards,cohete surfboards,SAB,GAC hydrofoils
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites,GAC

Postby nikalaitzian » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:31 am

Dimitri M wrote:This is the INFINITY V3 prototype in basically "NO WIND" conditions.
In my opinion, that is just incredible. Show me another kite that can stay up in the air in basically less then 4 knots and be able to ride on the water.
I am not saying it is fun to kite in 4 knots on a SUP but at least you are on the water exercising doing what you love. And not to forget, you are the only one out kiting while every body else is on the beach watching and drinking trying to figure out how is this possible!!!!!. :naughty:

P.S.Yes I am using an SUP board in this video but this is not important. What's important is that the kite is able to stay up in the air in (2 to 4 knots max) while going up wind on a board.

HOLY SHIT!!!!! D you re crazy!!!!

hey Mr.SupaEz post some algebra equations now to prove that it cant be done ....

oh i forgot Dimitri is working as a pro for Special FX studios :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:52 pm

Hello guys,
Just to show you it's not always HAPPY MONDAY mornings in Epic World, here's an e-mail we received this morning from a disgruntled customer in Australia.
"Hi
YOU RIPPED ME OFF!!!
No bar that I ordered included in package. do you even know how to read a order.
So know I have to wait another week dont I since I dont have a bar, to use my kites.
Ill be putting this on kite forums to let everyone know what a STUFF AROUND you guys are.
Contact me immediatly to let me know if your even going to send it or have I been scammed.
Thanks for the stuff around".

My wife did respond telling him that it was an honest mistake. Our shipping department did a mistake and forgot to add the bar with the kites he bought few days ago. So we are sending him the BAR today via Fed Ex with free shipping.
Last edited by Dimitri M on Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

soul19
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Prov
Favorite Beaches: Prov
little current
westbay
Style: try not to drown style
Gear: Whatever I own at the time....
Brand Affiliation: hook a brother up!!!

Postby soul19 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:55 pm

Thanks for the feedback on the judges and I am very interested in trying out these kites. As for the guy that didn't get his bar.... could you possibly send him some sensitivity pills to go with the bar! I can understand his frustration but first contact the source and see what they are going to do for you. Dimitri.... if only all companies had that level of customer care (and I am refering to companies outside the kiting industry)!!!

James
www.theglobalartist.com

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:55 pm

nikalaitzian wrote: hey Mr.SupaEz post some algebra equations now to prove that it cant be done .. :lol: :lol: :lol:
........................E=MC2......................... :happybirthday: to all the Einsteins...sincerely Albert :advise:

P.S. Been there done that... in glassy No Wind...many many times..so yes possible 100% :thumb:

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:08 pm

Hello guys,
We are working on the (4G) graphics of the RENEGADE 13 LTD V3. Do you think we should keep the same graphics as we have now on the (3G II) models? Or just keep the pattern the same but change the colors around?
Thank you for all your help.
Attachments
_MG_4472 1.jpg

Dj A-Ron
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cass Lake MI
Port Huron MI (Lake Huron)
Metro Beach MI (Lake St. Clair)
Harsens Island MI (Lake St. Clair)
Favorite Beaches: Tawas MI (Lake Huron)
Oscoda MI (Lake Huron)
Little Sable Point MI (Lake Michigan)
The Flats (Key West)
Anywhere in Cape Hatteras
Kite Beach (Maui)
La Ventana (Mexico)
Barkers (Grand Caymen)
Style: Freeride/Freestyle
Gear: Kites: Epic Renegade 9m 3G, Airush Lithium 12m & 14m, Blade Fat Lady 17m

Boards: Epic Droid, Oxygen, Spartan, Airush Cypher 5'6"

Postby Dj A-Ron » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:01 pm

I like the look of the 13 the way it is. I prefer it without all the wave graphics that the other Renegades have. However, if you're making a 4G and it is actually a differnt kite, you may as well make it look different and change up the colors. I always thought Orange and Blue was a nice color combo. Bright green always looks good on a kite also.

P.S. I have a (2012) 3G Renegade 13m LTD V1 (i have only used this kite about 10 times and for very brief sessios) that is in excellent shape, available for $600.
No damage, no repairs or wear on this kite. The bridal lines that the pully rings slide on barley even show signs of wear.

I also have a 2011 Renegade 9m for $500 maybe used this kite 6 times so it is in equally excellent shape as my 13m.

PM me if anyone is interested.

Return to “Kitesurfing”