*


All times are UTC + 1 hour



Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The best wheels for kitesurfing?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:49 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:27 pm
Posts: 250
Location: Italy
I'm 1000% happy with my car, but just yesterday I was considering to buy also a wreck when going in certain infamous spot...
These drug addicted guys, cruise in search of cars to stole equipement :evil:


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: The best wheels for kitesurfing?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:45 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:24 pm
Posts: 384
rightguard wrote:
Too bad they stopped making the element.


all that means is you can't buy a new one anymore.

I bought one that's 7 years old. Its a honda it will run forever.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: The best wheels for kitesurfing?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:17 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster

Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:51 am
Posts: 244
Just saw Skyfall. I will be buying the Land Rover Defender when it comes to the US. Bullet proof and everything....


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: The best wheels for kitesurfing?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:50 pm 
Offline
Medium Poster

Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:40 am
Posts: 87
Faber wrote:
I'm 1000% happy with my car, but just yesterday I was considering to buy also a wreck when going in certain infamous spot...
These drug addicted guys, cruise in search of cars to stole equipement :evil:



I hear you, stickers are cool and everything, but they also bullseye a few grand for someone who is really keen.

Thanks for the feedback so far.. vans are out of the question for me, it has to be a compact.. up in Canada we are paying a lot more for gas than you guys in the US of A.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: The best wheels for kitesurfing?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:54 pm 
Offline
Medium Poster

Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:40 am
Posts: 87
C Johnson wrote:
rightguard wrote:
Too bad they stopped making the element.


all that means is you can't buy a new one anymore.

I bought one that's 7 years old. Its a honda it will run forever.


The element is a nice vehicle, theres a few of us up here with em.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: The best wheels for kitesurfing?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:07 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:24 pm
Posts: 384
polarstorm wrote:
Faber wrote:
I'm 1000% happy with my car, but just yesterday I was considering to buy also a wreck when going in certain infamous spot...
These drug addicted guys, cruise in search of cars to stole equipement :evil:



I hear you, stickers are cool and everything, but they also bullseye a few grand for someone who is really keen.

Thanks for the feedback so far.. vans are out of the question for me, it has to be a compact.. up in Canada we are paying a lot more for gas than you guys in the US of A.


Agreed they are a dead giveaway. fortunately most people around here don't know what a kite is let alone know what brands there are. I've thought about stripping all the stickers off my box though for that reason.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: The best wheels for kitesurfing?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:49 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:50 pm
Posts: 358
this is a pretty good rig for kiteboarding .... terrible on gas, doesnt go very fast, gets stuck easy, ...... but it is full of some awesome gear.


Attachments:
tsunami at SPI.jpg
tsunami at SPI.jpg [ 98.61 KIB | Viewed 562 times ]
Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: The best wheels for kitesurfing?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:59 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster

Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:57 pm
Posts: 392
Location: Quebec, Canada
I have a Honda Odyssey 2012 and I really like it. Plenty of space, comfortable, economic on the fuel too. I can carry all my equipments for my wife and I plus our little girl. Surf and race board fit well too.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: The best wheels for kitesurfing?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:44 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:24 pm
Posts: 384
I looked at Odyssey's a lot too. Got scared by the glass transmission. Seems like a nice setup though.

I tow a Yamaha Waverunner with my Element sometimes too :)


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: The best wheels for kitesurfing?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:12 am 
Offline
Medium Poster

Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:40 am
Posts: 87
Séb wrote:
I have a Honda Odyssey 2012 and I really like it. Plenty of space, comfortable, economic on the fuel too. I can carry all my equipments for my wife and I plus our little girl. Surf and race board fit well too.


I have a Sienna, and thats an awesome kitecar and I sleep in it if I need to, my regular kitecar is a civic with 305,000km on it.. I figure it should run another 200,000k easily.. just drinks a lot of oil.. looking for something newer and suitable for kitesurfing.

I just got back from Portugal and I shared Vic's kitemobile, here it is, this is a Mercedes Diesel, it is ancient, so ancient it doesn't even have seatbelts.

(By the way Vic rents boards, his number is right on the van, helps with the airport kitebag overhead..)


Attachments:
1-LEO_5514.JPG
1-LEO_5514.JPG [ 328.84 KIB | Viewed 487 times ]
Top
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 16 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group