Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Renegade "Infinity V2" light wind machine.

Forum for kitesurfers
SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm
Has thanked: 0

Re: Renegade "Infinity V2" light wind machine.

Postby SupaEZ » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:31 am

Kamikuza wrote:
Flight Time wrote:The board is a Cabrinha Rival...

Besides, considering that the switchblade...

S3 21 bridles aren't 7m long!!!

Hey Kami ..i wrote 6m long (19ft 8 inches)..bridles mean the length of mixer+white lines to the kite

Hey Flight...according to some chart i saw the Rival you have on a scale of 1 to 10...is a 6 for LW

............... :oops: :offtopic: :happybirthday: ..........................................................................................

Flight Time
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Venice Beach
Skyway Bridge North
Style: Freeride
Gear: 12 Epic Screamer
14 Epic Screamer
12 Liquid Force Havoc
16 Cabrinha Switchblade
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby Flight Time » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:40 am

Kamikuza wrote:I thought you said you had a Crossbow--Switchblade is less flat than the Crossbow (XB) so no, you won't get the low end love... it IS a faster kite though so you should be able to throw it around well. Got a buddy who prefers the SB to the XB in light winds for that reason...
Either way, when the wind picks up, it's like a switch was thrown with the SB. The difference between 13-15 and 16-18 is like night and day. Goes from "meh." to "woohoo!" just like that. But either way, both the SB and the XB are slooooow in the 16 meter size. The infinity looks quite zippy for a kite that size, which should prove to be good for generating power.
Kamikuza wrote:Don't know about that with the board... lightwind boards are almost dead flat - the Rival has rocker, doesn't it?
The board has a mild rocker. If I place it on the ground flat, there is about 1/2 inch of space under the middle of the board. The fins are a tiny bit over 1 1/2 inches. I think since most of my riding is in waves off the beach, the bit of rocker it has suits me. If I was riding a flat board, it would probably not be very fun in chop. or be able to handle the curve while launching me off the top of small waves. The only flat water spot near me is Tampa Bay, about 45 minutes drive, so that only happens if the wind coincides with a weekend.

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:04 am

Flight Time wrote:Either way, when the wind picks up, it's like a switch was thrown with the SB. The difference between 13-15 and 16-18 is like night and day. Goes from "meh." to "woohoo!" just like that. But either way, both the SB and the XB are slooooow in the 16 meter size. The infinity looks quite zippy for a kite that size, which should prove to be good for generating power.
Yeah, I know the switch feeling :)
The Infinity IS a very zippy kite, certainly faster than the XB...
Flight Time wrote:The board has a mild rocker. If I place it on the ground flat, there is about 1/2 inch of space under the middle of the board. The fins are a tiny bit over 1 1/2 inches. I think since most of my riding is in waves off the beach, the bit of rocker it has suits me. If I was riding a flat board, it would probably not be very fun in chop. or be able to handle the curve while launching me off the top of small waves. The only flat water spot near me is Tampa Bay, about 45 minutes drive, so that only happens if the wind coincides with a weekend.
Any rocker is death to light wind :D I use the Flydoor and Flyradical - both have almost no rocker - in all conditions. They work good enough for me, even if they take a bit of adapting to.
SupaEZ wrote:i wrote 6m long
Must have slipped on the keystroke but I still don't think they're 6m long :lol: half that maybe... perhaps a meter or so longer than rear leaders off LEIs?

21's usually come with 6m extension too. If he had those on (hope he did cos IMHO the 21 blows on 21m lines) then it'd be 27m + bridles...

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:59 pm

Kami...you are right..it is not 6m but 5meter...16ft 4"...
..i remember measuring it when i had a 21M SP3

Yes 21m lines sucked IMO also (for such long kite wing span).....i always rode with 3m extensions...
...for me adding 6m was too long...at my lightweight 75kg

So i compromised with 3m......so total length i liked best was 21m+3m+5m(mixer/bridle)=29m

Sorry to all....totally OFF topic...... :offtopic: :happybirthday: :cheers: ....cheers... :wink: .............

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:25 pm

The INFINITY v2 comes with 22 meters with our XTEND EPIC BAR. Plus you get an extra set of 5 meter lines that comes in the bag of the INFINITY v2.
So in few words, you can use the INFINITY v2 with 22 meter lines or add the 5 meters and make it 27 meters for more power. By adding 5 meters to the kite it will generate more power.
Me personally I only use 22 meters on the INFINITY v2 or v3 because I don't need more. But heavier rider (200 ++++ lbs) will need to add these 5 meter lines to the 22 meters to generate more power if they want to venture in these very light wind conditions because of their weight.
Attachments
My wife Helen says Hi.jpg
DSC_0009 3.jpg
DSC_0009 4.jpg
DSC_0015 2.jpg
SBC mag testing the INFINITY v3 at REAL.jpg

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:42 pm

SupaEZ wrote:Kami...you are right..it is not 6m but 5meter...16ft 4"...
..i remember measuring it when i had a 21M SP3

Yes 21m lines sucked IMO also (for such long kite wing span).....i always rode with 3m extensions...
...for me adding 6m was too long...at my lightweight 75kg

So i compromised with 3m......so total length i liked best was 21m+3m+5m(mixer/bridle)=29m

Sorry to all....totally OFF topic...... :offtopic: :happybirthday: :cheers: ....cheers... :wink: .............
I've heard 25m lines are the sweet spot... get around to it one day!

You know I'm going to have to unpack my LEIs and measure their bridle lines - especially below the wing tips. I think claiming ALL the length of them as 'extensions' is a bit rough :D

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:54 pm

This is part 2 of the sequel "testing the INFINITY v3 prototypes in ZERO WIND".
People wanted to footage of me jibing (turning) the SUP board in extremely light winds plus relaunching the kite in no wind. Well here you go. Any thing else I can help you with!!!!
:allbegood:

YOUTUBE:

Tiago1973
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Portugal
Style: Freeriding

Postby Tiago1973 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:01 pm

ca´mon Dimitri

that´s cheeting

i want to see relauch in the same conditions but without having you with the feets on the ground and the LE facing up-wards from the start

PS
still impressive to me

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:48 pm

ca´mon Dimitri
that´s cheeting
i want to see relauch in the same conditions but without having you with the feets on the ground and the LE facing up-wards from the start
Sorry Tiago1973, but I don't think that is possible. I was lucky to be able to relaunch the kite the way you see it on the video.
As you can see, there was actually no wind on the water and maybe (2 to 4 knots max) ten meters above the water for the kite to stay still up in the air.
And yes my feet were touching the ground while I was trying to hot lunch the kite that was in the water in ZERO wind. But show me another kite that can perform as good as what the INFINITY v3 did in such light wind.
I bet you that not even a foil kite will be able to go up in the air because of the lack of wind in order to pump the kite.

P.S. Oh by the way I am coming down to FLORIDA for the "LIGHT WIND SHOW DOWN" and to do some Epic demos. :thumb:
The demos will first start November 23rd to the 25th in Naples Florida. Then December 1st to the 2nd in The Keys FL at Anne's Beach (check with our Epic Dealer Otherside Boardsports). Then will do more demos on the East cost of Florida for the entire month of December. So will keep you posted for these dates. "SupaEz" you are next so get ready.

Dj A-Ron
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cass Lake MI
Port Huron MI (Lake Huron)
Metro Beach MI (Lake St. Clair)
Harsens Island MI (Lake St. Clair)
Favorite Beaches: Tawas MI (Lake Huron)
Oscoda MI (Lake Huron)
Little Sable Point MI (Lake Michigan)
The Flats (Key West)
Anywhere in Cape Hatteras
Kite Beach (Maui)
La Ventana (Mexico)
Barkers (Grand Caymen)
Style: Freeride/Freestyle
Gear: Kites: Epic Renegade 9m 3G, Airush Lithium 12m & 14m, Blade Fat Lady 17m

Boards: Epic Droid, Oxygen, Spartan, Airush Cypher 5'6"

Postby Dj A-Ron » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:51 pm

Tiago1973 wrote:ca´mon Dimitri

that´s cheeting

PS
still impressive to me
I was there, No one in their right mind would actually try to go kiting in those light winds (well except for Dimitri i guess). Dimitri was simply testing the extreme low end of the V3. It was about 2-3 mph of wind that day and at times you couldn't feel any wind whatsoever. It wouldn't re-launch as normal. The kite would only launch in the "hot launch" position.

Return to “Kitesurfing”