Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Renegade "Infinity V2" light wind machine.

Forum for kitesurfers
Flight Time
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Venice Beach
Skyway Bridge North
Style: Freeride
Gear: 12 Epic Screamer
14 Epic Screamer
12 Liquid Force Havoc
16 Cabrinha Switchblade
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Renegade "Infinity V2" light wind machine.

Postby Flight Time » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:53 am

I bet many LW specific tube kites could have performed as good as the Infinity V3 in such light wind

You "lose your bet" Dimitri about a foil unable to launch (Hot or from edge of window) in no wind
You see...i have launched with those 2 methods in totally zero wind ...on grass inside a park...
...from the back of a pickup truck traveling at 5 knots away from the kite. :rollgrin: When you say things that are clearly impossible according to the laws of physics, it doesn't lend you credibility, and you can expect people to call you on it.
So come on down....try to make your kite popular in Florida...(p.s.we have zero Inf's out here..why?)
If your kite is that good...it will outnumber all the LW kites out there in Florida real soon

I have no problem starting a trend, if I like what the kite does for me after I test it, of course. If I don't, I'll gladly agree with you, and ask you to instruct me on how to break the laws of physics (maybe get rid of that pesky gravity for a couple moments). :lol:

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:56 am

Marc-
What I find interesting and strange..
is that Dimitri receives so much guff for spreading information about Epic products on the threads that he has going on the forum, and that the doubters bother to spend as much time as they do, trying to do whatever it is, they are trying to accomplish.
Something that is totally obvious to anybody who takes the time to know Dimitri, is that he wants his company to succeed as you would expect (like every company in the business) ..but more so that his enthusiasm has to do with spreading the stoke of kiteboarding for the joy of the sport.
I give him credit for his constant positive attitude, even when faced with the negative feedback and general crap that sometimes comes back from him sharing his massive enthusiasm and energy.

Tiago1973
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Portugal
Style: Freeriding

Postby Tiago1973 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:17 pm

Dimitri M wrote: Sorry Tiago1973, but I don't think that is possible. I was lucky to be able to relaunch the kite the way you see it on the video.
As you can see, there was actually no wind on the water and maybe (2 to 4 knots max) ten meters above the water for the kite to stay still up in the air.
that´s what i thought. Just checking if u were able to put that stunt together, i guess most of us wouldn´t be able to keep that kite in the air in those conditions while ridding a SUP neither... incredible that jibbing without having you or the kite hitting the water

you said before the V2 is a finished product, more well-rounded kite and you´ll work now on improving the V3 for the kite to work under 17 knts.

As a owner of a LW kite I´m not so concern with the top end, if the wind goes up I just rig the next following size. As things are all about compromises IMO it´s not a good move to loose power in the lower end in exchange of a slightly better top end.

So my question is: how does the V2 and that V3 prototype (as it is) compare in about 8-12 knots?
Last edited by Tiago1973 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flight Time
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Venice Beach
Skyway Bridge North
Style: Freeride
Gear: 12 Epic Screamer
14 Epic Screamer
12 Liquid Force Havoc
16 Cabrinha Switchblade

Postby Flight Time » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:50 pm

Oldnbroken wrote:Marc-
What I find interesting and strange..
is that Dimitri receives so much guff for spreading information about Epic products on the threads that he has going on the forum, and that the doubters bother to spend as much time as they do, trying to do whatever it is, they are trying to accomplish.
Something that is totally obvious to anybody who takes the time to know Dimitri, is that he wants his company to succeed as you would expect (like every company in the business) ..but more so that his enthusiasm has to do with spreading the stoke of kiteboarding for the joy of the sport.
I give him credit for his constant positive attitude, even when faced with the negative feedback and general crap that sometimes comes back from him sharing his massive enthusiasm and energy.
This! ^^^

You can't expect a company owner to not bother to advertize, not want their company to succeed, not spread the word when they think they have the answer to a problem that everyone shares that has limited solutions. Any one of us would promote his own product with boundless energy if we felt it was a great product, yet people want to knock him for it, like somehow he is doing a disservice to anyone.

Also, put yourself in a company head's position for a minute. What good would it do the company to lie and trick people? Would you deceive people in many videos and articles leading them to believe that your product was anything other than what it is? If you follow that thought through to the end, you see that business is cyclical, and it's not about selling a bill of goods and skipping town, it's about repeat buisiness, about continuing to listen to what your clients want, and finding new ways to deliver a superior product. This the basic element of a successful company.

Dimitri takes that a step further and practices what he preaches by testing his own product, and having such an enthusiasm for the sport. Respect. :thumb:

davesails7
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 75 kg
Local Beach: Virginia Beach
Style: Race
Gear: ML B3
R1V2 11. VMG 13, 15, 18
OR Mako 130x35

Postby davesails7 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:57 pm

Oldnbroken wrote:What I find interesting and strange..is that Dimitri receives so much guff for spreading information about Epic products on the threads that he has going on the forum, and that the doubters bother to spend as much time as they do, trying to do whatever it is, they are trying to accomplish.
windsuks wrote:Whether you believe me and all the others really doesn't interest me, what does intrigue me is all the scepticism, even with all the witnesses and vid/photo evidence, unlike mr. Ez who so far as I have seen has given zero back up to his constant claims....just a lot of hot air!
You are suprised people are skeptical when someone posts a video of riding in 1-2 knots (albeit on a SUP)?

I buy gear based on reviews I see here on this forum. Mostly for kites that I don't have a chance to ride myself.

I've had a chance to try the Infinity V1 back to back with my North Dyno 18m, and have ridden alongside others on Infinity's. There is no competition in low end, the Dyno pulls much better and hangs in the sky through the lulls better. The Infinity does turn much faster because it is a smaller, lower aspect ratio kite.

How could I not be skeptical that the V3 has improved so much over the V1 and surpassed the performance of every other kite in existence? Not to mention the whole V^2 relationship of windspeed to energy meaning that 6 knots of wind has 9 TIMES THE ENERGY OF 2 KNOTS OF WIND!

I'm interested to try the V3 out back to back with my Dyno again. I don't think it can beat the larger, higher aspect ratio Dyno, but we will see.

I think Dimitri is OK with people questioning and discussing the results. If he wasn't, then he would just make a banner that says "Watch the Infinity in 1-2 knots!" If he didn't want people to discuss it, he wouldn't post it on a public discussion forum, right? At least SupaEZ, and to a lesser extent me are keeping his post at the top of the list :thumb:

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:24 pm

[quote="Dimitri M"]
SupaEZ, there was a kiter that day at the same parking lot who flies Flysurfer 15 and 21 meter kites and after I was done I asked him why he did not put his 21 meter foil kite up!!! He said there was no breeze to feel the chambers of his foil kite on the ground and he was impressed that I was able to kite in no wind. I told him it was blowing 2 to 4 knots and he could of used the compressor that KHK shop had. Will see you soon in FL. [quote]

That's how little you know about foils...cannot fill them with compressor...you need a blower

In any case...so many people buy a 21 and think they will be good in LW instantly..
....and really... they still suck at LW

If your kite could fly that day...and i was there with a filled 21..i would have blown by you on the water
If i was there that day with either a 17 or 19 XR2LW Riot...i would have kept up with you no problem

We know you love :heartface: your Inf V2 & V3 proto.....proving it....with tons of videos :wink:

What if i asked you to prove that you love :heartface: your wife or that she loves :heartface: you

How would you prove that :thumb:

....................... :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :surf: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: ......................................

windsuks
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf/old school
Gear: Airush/North/Ozone/RRD

Postby windsuks » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:57 pm

yawn!

Mr.EZ you constantly tell us all how much better you are at LW while constantly dissing everyone else....please give us some of your own evidence...photo's and vid would be a good place to start!?

I'm begining to think you don't even kiteusrf at all?
Like i said....full of hot air :wink:

:buttsmile:

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:29 pm

I'm not referring to you Davesails....so please no offense.
I think that questioning is smart for any consumer, and testing even better.
Many who have demo-ed have had the chance to compare and decide what they think.
The many, many Epic videos are useful, they are simple self shot videos that give some realistic evidence and demonstration of the products, which is far different from what is put out by any other company in the business.

14ToeSide
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Sandy Spit
Gear: North, Ozone, Naish, Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: What ever works Best that year

Postby 14ToeSide » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:33 pm

I dont care if we are comparing Doughnuts to Watermelons. If the Flippin Kite wont pull me in ULTRA Light Air WITHOUT me having to sign my name then I dont need it. As I said, if the V3 will do for me what the Speed 3 21 does, I will buy it on the spot. I hope it does. Foils can sometime be frusterating to land when the wind picks up.

Why would I want to Loop a kite if I dont need to to get more power when the 21 has the Juice???

I don't do Fancy tricks, loops etc. I like to have fun mowing, shredding, killin it or anything else that gets me out there. I also don't do DOWNWINDERS. Not my riding style.

Im glad Dimitri is excited about his products. I look forward to trying one out.

Dj A-Ron
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cass Lake MI
Port Huron MI (Lake Huron)
Metro Beach MI (Lake St. Clair)
Harsens Island MI (Lake St. Clair)
Favorite Beaches: Tawas MI (Lake Huron)
Oscoda MI (Lake Huron)
Little Sable Point MI (Lake Michigan)
The Flats (Key West)
Anywhere in Cape Hatteras
Kite Beach (Maui)
La Ventana (Mexico)
Barkers (Grand Caymen)
Style: Freeride/Freestyle
Gear: Kites: Epic Renegade 9m 3G, Airush Lithium 12m & 14m, Blade Fat Lady 17m

Boards: Epic Droid, Oxygen, Spartan, Airush Cypher 5'6"

Postby Dj A-Ron » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:42 pm

Dimitri,

Where this V3 is really going to be awesome is Snowkiting! There are so many days here in Michigan that are beautifull sunny days that I'd love to go snow kite but the wind is only 4-5 mph. My Infinity V1 just wont stay up there unless its 7-8 mph. Get that thing dialed in and produced so I can buy one before the snow gets here!

Return to “Kitesurfing”