Lewis Crathern Joins Best

Forum for kitesurfers
dyyylan
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: N/A
Has thanked: 0

Re: Lewis Crathern Joins Best

Postby dyyylan » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:44 pm

TheJoe wrote:Seems like they would be better off improving their products than paying for riders. Better products, local team riders, and push for shops to use their gear for lessons. Just seems what works the best in this industry.
have you flown their recent stuff? huge improvements in the last few years, even since 2010 or 2011. gp is amazing the ts is super refined this year. quality and everything seems top notch (at least on par with everyone else)

john a
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freestyle, airstyle, freeride, snowkite
Gear: Eleveight
Brand Affiliation: Eleveight

Postby john a » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:20 pm

Yeah their newer stuff are really really GREAT!
They have had their development, but quite some of the top brands have had years with some trouble. But they are really making great stuff these days! Seems they are living up to their name if you ask me ;)
The GP is sick, just sits there super stable! The TS is suck a nice allrounder, and the Kahoona perfect friendly and easy relaunch. The lineup is great now - more refined, and good in every category! And nice build quality as well - I have friend who crash their kits all over the place on snow/ ice every day the whole winter, and they will only ride Best they say...

TheJoe
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Texas city levee, Galveston, El Jardine and Crystal beach.
Style: Freeride, Foil, Surf, a lil freestyle
Gear: North Reach 7,9,12
Brunotti TT
Moses 633/483
Dwarfcraft Micro
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby TheJoe » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:42 pm

I'm sure they are good, and have gotten better. Then again so are all the top brands just as good. What I'm saying is why spend a crap load of money for 1 or 2 riders when you can actually get folks riding them instead. You know get the product out there. I never switched to RPM's when Youri became World Champ nor will I jump on the GP since he is at Best. That is the reality.

How ever you get a better chance of switching people by actually having Team Riders at local spots. Or a really strong relationship with a local shop. I live in Houston, Tx and XlKites has a strong relationship with Slingshot and Cabrinha. Guess what they sell the most of. Word of mouth or the chance to fly has a bigger impact than what a pro rides in this industry.

Remember kiting is not like basketball where pay $100-200 for a players shoes because your a fan. A pro riders shoes or quiver and board can cost anywhere from $3000-$10000 give or take. Maybe it's just me but I'd rather know I like said shoes before I buy them and purchase them because some one famous uses them.

Jdizzle
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Marazion and Gwithian
Favorite Beaches: Marazion
Style: Bebinner
Gear: Ozone
Brand Affiliation: Ozone
Been thanked: 0

Postby Jdizzle » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:06 pm

Doesn't matter who they sign. You'll still look like a complete douche riding Best :lol: Their kites are junk too BTW.

john a
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freestyle, airstyle, freeride, snowkite
Gear: Eleveight
Brand Affiliation: Eleveight

Postby john a » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:14 am

Jdizzle wrote:Doesn't matter who they sign. You'll still look like a complete douche riding Best :lol: Their kites are junk too BTW.
HAHAHAHA :rollgrin: :rollgrin: :rollgrin: Made my day! Funny! :lol: :lol: :lol1:

ed257
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ed257 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:31 am

I wonder if Lewis will boost Brighton Pier on a Best? Maybe Nem HP?

Jbrook
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Jbrook » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:26 am

Simple you bunch of kooks any guy at Youri's or Lewis lewel can adapt fast to a new kite and win PKRA events Youri just did it. You guys are a bunch of armchair quarterbacks, bet a bunch of you cant even go upwind. :baby: :bye:

kitesurfrabbi
Frequent Poster

Postby kitesurfrabbi » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:18 pm

Jbrook wrote:Simple you bunch of kooks any guy at Youri's or Lewis lewel can adapt fast to a new kite and win PKRA events Youri just did it.
thats why he was riding rpms in china... ok!

kitenake
Medium Poster
Local Beach: pismo
Favorite Beaches: portugal spain australia
Style: WAKE
Gear: slingy fuels

Postby kitenake » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:09 pm

hes contracted to finish the season on SLingshot !! :jump: :jump: :jump: