Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Renegade "Infinity V2" light wind machine.

Forum for kitesurfers
Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Re: Renegade "Infinity V2" light wind machine.

Postby Kamikuza » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:35 am

Dimitri M wrote:I have nothing to hide and I do stand behind my product 100%. :thumb:
This is 100% fact. Nuff said.

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .
Has thanked: 0

Postby L0KI » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:36 am

Often when I read Supa posts, I'm reminded of the song Glory Days by Bruce Springsteen.
But I would guess that Bruce's ego is smaller.
Video proves someone is baddass, ...talking about baddass-ery only proves one can talk, and leaves people in doubt.
Dimitri puts his ego on video and does not claim he is anything special, the viewer gets to decide.
I've seen video of Dimitri, he's a baddass.
I've seen video of Windsuks Marc of Blast Kiteboarding, he is a baddass (older than Dimitri, maybe closer to my age).
I'm not saying Supa is not a baddass, but video provides proof, talking about it only raises people's expectations of what you can deliver, and then...brother you better deliver.
When I was just a lad and my oldest brother taught me to fight, he was very, very clear to instruct me to never talk (about what I can do, what I was gonna do, or what I have done) and to just do it.
I learned pretty quick, you win more fights that way.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:28 am

[quote="Dimitri M"]
I just want to mention something about having the biggest kite out there with the most projected area staying up in the air in 2 to 4 knots is not true, because first of all you need to have a kite that is perfectly balanced, plus it needs to be very light and the attachment points on the LE needs to be perfectly placed plus the profile of the kite has a lot to do with it. [quote]

I seem to have difficulty explaining to you that day in your 2-4kn video...
that the wind in the kite was 5.5knots :wink:

It was clearly a gradient wind...typical of long fetch southwest type light wind flow...over glass

My 19 does not fly in 2-4kn.....but stays up in 6.3 mph...it is actually very well balanced & lightweight

I do not waste time kiting in 7 knots...ever..(in true 7 kn...the kite needs to be sined ..and no real fun)

I go in 8 knots...powered...on strap surfboard 5'7" Quad x 18 5/8"...with a maximum 10 kn range

So...8 knots is the only wind speed number that counts for me when testing LW enthusiasm :thumb:

........................... :party1: :surf: :welcome: :thanx: :sun: ......................................................................

Flight Time
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Venice Beach
Skyway Bridge North
Style: Freeride
Gear: 12 Epic Screamer
14 Epic Screamer
12 Liquid Force Havoc
16 Cabrinha Switchblade
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby Flight Time » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:20 am

Supa, we are still waiting for any video evidence to show that you can do more than blow hot air and passive-aggressively rip on other's videos and products. We want to see you with a wind meter, shredding with your foil kite in light wind. Hey, even 8 knots would be ok.

Can you go ahead and give us a reason to believe you? You claim to be such a wind expert, and we just want to see something. Anything will do...

ice
Medium Poster

Postby ice » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:52 am

Re the V2 I notice on the Epic website it is given a 10/10 for waveriding.

This is unusual for a light wind kite.

Anyone used them in waves and got some feedback..

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:27 pm

Flight Time wrote:Supa, we are still waiting for any video evidence to show that you can do more than blow hot air and passive-aggressively rip on other's videos and products. We want to see you with a wind meter, shredding with your foil kite in light wind. Hey, even 8 knots would be ok.

Can you go ahead and give us a reason to believe you? You claim to be such a wind expert, and we just want to see something. Anything will do...
Gave up the 21 foil kite a year ago... :bye:
...was only getting one more knot of low end (7) in surf where i ride

And when the wind got to 10kn...it was pretty much useless to me at 165lbs...
...i like the feel of large efficient / fast turning (to me) LW tube best

Gave up windmeter in 2000..after my first year...totally useless to "measure" wind below 10 knots

There are so many types of wind...that the rule is..even if very very light wind...try anyway and go...
....some winds are just special like that...you could waterstart..dive the kite once..park it and go

Those sessions are very surreal and fun...
The kite may barely fly overhead...during waterstart...one dive then you go effortlessly over glass

No sining the kite at all...yet there is no wind...to the observer on the ground watching you

Certain type winds from certain directions at certain time of day ..
...with certain air temp & water temp....create a compounding effect so great...
...that it amplifies the power of the apparent wind created after only one dive of the kite

Now if you have experienced that before...great..otherwise..of can a video prove what i say?

Sessions like that can only be experienced if you try to go out no matter what with a LW kite
Just like Dimitri does....he goes out no matter what and tries....and many many times he succeeds

We live in a world where seeing is believing....if there is no video....how can we believe

Well take this example about those who believe in God ...and the written bible
Are we to conclude that because he made no video ...we have no real proof..of his presence

Faith is very powerful
Dimitri hides nothing...all we "see" is 100% real and true..yes..mind boggling..if 1st time seeing it!

I do not film myself or promote myself..kitesurfing is not a business...simply passionate about wind

I am not about to start doing that...it is just not me...i am pretty private in that way

................................. :surf: :sun: ..........................................................................................................

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:34 pm

Re the V2 I notice on the Epic website it is given a 10/10 for waveriding.
This is unusual for a light wind kite.
Anyone used them in waves and got some feedback..
Hello ice,
Yes the INFINITY V1 and V2 are amazing kites for wave riding in light wind, same with our new V3 prototype we are working on.
Again the INFINITY kite is part of the RENEGADE models. Personally the "RENEGADES" are my wave kites but I don't advertise it as wave kites because I don't want to scare few people that are not into Wave Riding because they are also amazing as all around kites.
What I love about the INFINITY is that it so stable so you can just park it and wave ride, it turns amazing fast and kite loops like a small kite, not to forget the popping and jumping...Plus it relaunches so easy and the pressure of the bar is just perfect, not too much not too little just right. That is amazing for a light wind kite.
If you check this video you will see how good it performs in such light winds in the surf, plus see how good it relaunches.

YOUTUBE:

Flight Time
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Venice Beach
Skyway Bridge North
Style: Freeride
Gear: 12 Epic Screamer
14 Epic Screamer
12 Liquid Force Havoc
16 Cabrinha Switchblade

Postby Flight Time » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:22 pm

SupaEZ wrote: Gave up the 21 foil kite a year ago... :bye:
...was only getting one more knot of low end (7) in surf where i ride

And when the wind got to 10kn...it was pretty much useless to me at 165lbs...
...i like the feel of large efficient / fast turning (to me) LW tube best

Gave up windmeter in 2000..after my first year...totally useless to "measure" wind below 10 knots...

...Now if you have experienced that before...great..otherwise..of can a video prove what i say?

Well take this example about those who believe in God ...and the written bible
Are we to conclude that because he made no video ...we have no real proof..of his presence

Where do I start?

Your logic is tragically flawed. You don't practice what you preach. Here you led us to believe that you were the expert, yet when the time comes to prove what you know, you bow out. You love the slow-turning foils and extoll their virtues, yet you got rid of yours and prefer a ILE kite. You bash on Dimitri's kite, yet you are not willing to try it, even though it is what you prefer, a large, fast, light wind specific ILE kite.

Your example is fantastic. If you believe God exists without needing proof, you must believe what some loudmouth douchebag spews on a forum somewhere. :thumb:

Dj A-Ron
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cass Lake MI
Port Huron MI (Lake Huron)
Metro Beach MI (Lake St. Clair)
Harsens Island MI (Lake St. Clair)
Favorite Beaches: Tawas MI (Lake Huron)
Oscoda MI (Lake Huron)
Little Sable Point MI (Lake Michigan)
The Flats (Key West)
Anywhere in Cape Hatteras
Kite Beach (Maui)
La Ventana (Mexico)
Barkers (Grand Caymen)
Style: Freeride/Freestyle
Gear: Kites: Epic Renegade 9m 3G, Airush Lithium 12m & 14m, Blade Fat Lady 17m

Boards: Epic Droid, Oxygen, Spartan, Airush Cypher 5'6"

Postby Dj A-Ron » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:03 pm

SupaEZ wrote:I am not about to start doing that...it is just not me...i am pretty private in that way
Then why do you continue to post on this thread?! Please, please, please just stop! No one cares about your self proclaimed expertise in wind and self proclaimed exceptional light wind riding skills. I don't even think God can save us from your douche baggery....

I'm sorry, I usually don't stoop to posting negativity like this but I am so sick of you and your attitude.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:15 pm

This video is about the INFINITY v2 & v3 prototype being tested by laddies. Yes laddies. Let's see what they have to say about their first experience on the INFINITY light wind machine kite and the OXYGEN v2 twin tip board!!!!

YOUTUBE:

Return to “Kitesurfing”