Forum for kitesurfers
14ToeSide
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Sandy Spit
Gear: North, Ozone, Naish, Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: What ever works Best that year

Re: Naish Park 14 vs Fly

Postby 14ToeSide » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:37 am

Yes, the Fly is Park n Ride. Sheet in and Out. For Max low end on the Fly in light air put the kite lower to the water. Seems to pull upwind better. The low end might surprise you with out having to Sign your name to get going. I weigh 240 lbs. Also owned 14 Park. When u are in the Clydesdale arena, the High end of a kite is not a Big concern. However, if you find yourself in the POPCORN FART class, then top end can be a concern. :happybirthday: :happybirthday: :happybirthday: :happybirthday:

peterheirman
Medium Poster
Local Beach: 2002
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby peterheirman » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:48 pm

Buy a Kahoona 11.5 as it has better low end.
And save 40% on your spending.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:31 pm

peterheirman wrote:Buy a Kahoona 11.5 as it has better low end.
lol, so you are saying the 11 kahoona is more powerful than the 14 park and the fly? You better be able to back that up otherwise you'll just look like a complete imbecile trying to stir shit up.
Last edited by tautologies on Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

14ToeSide
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Sandy Spit
Gear: North, Ozone, Naish, Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: What ever works Best that year

Postby 14ToeSide » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:44 pm

+1 what Taut says. :desperado: :desperado: :desperado: :happybirthday: :happybirthday: :happybirthday:

erdist
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Auckland
Style: freeride

Postby erdist » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:06 am

yeah, sure :lol: especially when you have a propeller attached to your back. Maybe I am a rookie, but not naive, so if you are into marketing stuff, please be realistic at least. Thanks anyway.

Ludmil
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Ludmil » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:12 am

erdist wrote:

yeah, sure :lol: especially when you have a propeller attached to your back. Maybe I am a rookie, but not naive, so if you are into marketing stuff, please be realistic at least. Thanks anyway.

I thought Mr.Heirman would comment as usual the mesh windows on the wing tips...

dagent
Rare Poster
Gear: Naish Global 6'1'' 2012
North Evo 12 2012
North X-Ride 136 2012

Postby dagent » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:49 am

tried the Fly yesterday, the wind was to strong so i only had it in the air on the beach for a short period. This thing is really huge :) My biggest size is 12 so i am not ussed to such monsters. I noticed the loooong depower, is this normal with this size of kites? I really had to stretch the arms to the fullest to keep it fully depowered.

thanks

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:56 pm

dagent wrote:tried the Fly yesterday, the wind was to strong so i only had it in the air on the beach for a short period. This thing is really huge :) My biggest size is 12 so i am not ussed to such monsters. I noticed the loooong depower, is this normal with this size of kites? I really had to stretch the arms to the fullest to keep it fully depowered.

thanks
It comes with the standard Naish bar. It doesn't feel like a huge kite in terms of turning speed...but it certainly has power. It really works well in light wind. I think it is a great companion with the 11 or 12 Park..or 12 or 10 Ride... :-)

takunnn
Rare Poster

Postby takunnn » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:45 am

Why anybody can tell us what is the weight of the naish FLY 15m?
I think that is because is a little heavier, more than 4,40 kg...

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:58 pm

Got to try the Naish Fly today, for 2 hours in light/gusty wind. Rode my Flydoor XL.

I measured 10 to 20 knots at the shoreline, weather station 10km up the road said 9 to 12 with gusts to... 34 :lol: I think that one missed us. There were a few whitecaps out there; the wind came in went in little squalls though. I would have put the S3 21 up and been riding on my 'small' board (139x42) and having a good time...

The kite was set to "Gruntiest, Lightest" bridle settings. The board is 170x50. I'm a Clydesdale.

My thoughts FWIW.
Very stable. When the wind dropped right down, the kite just sat up there or slowly settled back until I steered it some. Also, with the stopper, I could ride along with no hands :D
Bar pressure was light for steering. Sheeting in got a bit heavy when the wind picked up but not too bad.
Steering seemed a bit vague and slow until the bar was almost fish-poled then it performed better. Might have been the wind or the very short bar! :o
Easy kite to fly; good park'n'rideability, good workability. Not too slow, not too fast - be a great kite for a learner to advance on.
Jumps... pretty good! When the wind got over what I thought was 15 knots, it'd go up well and had nice hang time and float on the way down.
Back- and front-rolls were easy enough, even in the light wind...
Upwind was fine, but I found it more work in the legs to drive it than the XBs. Jumps and loops pulled downwind more too. Handled punchy gusts well.

My only gripe... when turning hard, the unloaded wing tip material would flutter, and it did that hard enough at times to actually slow the kite. Or seemed to :D

But it was nice to fly and usefully fun; simple and solid power. I think for me, I'd enjoy it most in 15 to 20 knots as I found myself wishing it was bigger.

Return to “Kitesurfing”