Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Board choice help

Forum for kitesurfers
Kristoff
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Cumbuco, El Gouna,Duinbergen,Brouwersdam,Wissant,Rosas.
Favorite Beaches: Wissant,Cumbuco,Rosas
Style: Hard
Gear: north vegas 2008 12m ( retired )

liquid force havoc 2011 12-8- 6

2011 Xenon infra 136 * 41
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Board choice help

Postby Kristoff » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:05 am

The Aboards Z-series would be a good choice.

Very good quality, great performance and good chopeater.

For 67 kg a 130 would be nice.

Litewave Dave
Frequent Poster

Postby Litewave Dave » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:44 am

carbonKICKs 132, 135, 139, 144 .....KICKass.
Attachments
carbonKickLineup.jpg
carbonKickLineup.jpg (135.44 KiB) Viewed 1795 times
Last edited by Litewave Dave on Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

capitan nemo
Medium Poster

Postby capitan nemo » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:39 am

+ 10000 for-

Xenon LaLuz
Fone Trax

Both are super comfy with great pop.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:52 pm

I am looking into getting a new kiteboard, and I was wondering of what characteristics I should look for in a new twintip.
I weight about 145lbs (about 67 kilos), I usually ride choppy ocean water, usually I am on a 9m, and I am just starting to jump (can go upwind easily etc).
But I am unsure what length, flex, and width I should be looking for. If anyone has any recommendations that would be great, especially on the lower end of price as price is a big factor.
Hello Mr.bb16,
All these advises you are getting from the kiters on your topic are great. But once again the best thing for you will be to demo these boards and see which one you like best.
And since you ride in choppy ocean water and you weight 145 lbs you should go with 135-130 in length x 39cm to maximum 40cm wide. The wider you get the more impact you will have on your knees and harder to control and load for jumping especially in choppy conditions. Plus you are using a small kite.
So again take your time and try to demo as many boards as you can so you can have an EPIC time in the water.

Hellen
Rare Poster
Local Beach: dahab, egypt

Postby Hellen » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:47 am

Hi,
my home spot is in Dahab lagoon (Egypt) where I live and work . Here we can choose different conditions, form very flat water to chop and also waves when wind is strong (that happens quite often!).
I got used to enjoy my ride in all this conditions thanx to a board that fits all my styles from new school moves till some wave riding.
I believe nowadays the most important characteristics for a kiteboard is versatility without losing performance.
Channeled bottom provides grip and load ability, 3 stage rocker will drive you like a rocket upwind and forgive sketchy landings as much as nose diving in the waves, middle stiffness gives you good pop for jumping new and old school but still will save your knees.
Most of the brands also focus their attention on comfort preventing annoying sprays in your eyes and a smooth ride through chops.
I weight same as you and I have myself a north Jaime 135x41 (with a Cab SB 8mt)..other board I could suggest is the Nobile NHP. With my gears I can ride and stay upwind from 15 to 30 knots.
About size, once the width is around 40 (39 to 42) and the length around 133 (130 to 136), you are going to be satisfy. Just keep in mind that more you ride overpowered more is difficult to handle a bigger board. On the other side smaller board doesn't plane as easy once slightly underpowered. Unless you have plan to extend your quiver to more than one board I would recommend to choose something in between that assure some fun in any session!
Ride safe, ride happy!
Come visit our piece of heaven in Dahab lagoon!
Greetings from Happy Kite wind addicted surfing community! :D

Litewave Dave
Frequent Poster

Postby Litewave Dave » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:22 pm

Check out the 2013 carbonKICK from Litewave. Really good value for a TeXtreme carbon board. The video tells a lot. 14 years in kite business and going strong.

http://www.litewavedesigns.com/products ... -kick.html

-Dave
Attachments
Top144.jpg

Return to “Kitesurfing”