Favorite Beaches: Sherman Is, Baja, South Beach, SPI
Style: Freeride
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Rise
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Hannah Whiteley for Top Girl Shredder in 2012

Postby bay_area_kiter » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:51 am

sq225917 wrote:It's a shame to see contest like this reduced to 'nicest tits'.

If Kristin; who organises the KSP Wave Tour, runs the KB4Girls kite camps, contributed hugely to the Olympic Kiting campaign and is a 9x World Champ isn't the most influential female kiter in the world then this contest has the wrong name.

Popularity and influence are not interchangeable terms.

Kristin Boese has done dittily squat for the 'kiteboarding industry'.
All she cares about is sponsorship and support of KB4Girls. She is not interested in supporting the growth of women kiteboarders unless her organization benefits from it directly.
I have seen it first hand from women kiteboarders who have approached her face to face.

Since BEST is a big supporter of KB4Girls, I am not surprised to see this post come directly from the company's headquarters.
Your post is completely biased and holds no value. Try again.

Tiago1973
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Portugal
Style: Freeriding

Postby Tiago1973 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:12 am

Claire interview @ inmotionkitesurf wrote: What do you hope to achieve in the next few years?
I hope to improve my all around riding skills, and do something important. One person who is in the kite community who is the most inspirational is Tonia Farman. She makes me want to be a better person and help others more. She always is using this sport to benefit all people. Athletes for cancer is a great event that uses this sport to benefit mankind. I hope she’s nominated and I hope she wins.
kitesurfJunkie wrote: Disclaimer: I am the organiser of the competition, so if you have any constructive criticism or suggestions on how to improve on what we are doing, please do let me know.
The worth of this competition is defined by the relevance of the winner

In the end of the day if it is a bikini that wins then it is a bikini-level competition you have

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:51 am

bay_area_kiter.

I'm sure Kristin would love to have more spare time to help out anyone who ever stops her on the beach, but it should be obvious that as busy professional involved in organising two events that tour the globe that her spare time is limited. She set up KB4Girls specifically to reach as many women kiters as possible. She runs it as a not for profit, I fail to see how she could give much more back- she already gives her time up for free for KB4Girls events and did so for the Olympic campaign.

I'm not sure what you expect from her, should she be giving lessons to every new kiter on every beach in the world?

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:39 pm

sq225917 wrote:It's a shame to see contest like this reduced to 'nicest tits'.

If Kristin; who organises the KSP Wave Tour, runs the KB4Girls kite camps, contributed hugely to the Olympic Kiting campaign and is a 9x World Champ isn't the most influential female kiter in the world then this contest has the wrong name.
I'm telling Kristin that you said she doesn't have nice tits. :lol:

Drachenschmied
Medium Poster

Postby Drachenschmied » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:22 pm

:D :D :D :P

bay_area_kiter
Rare Poster
Local Beach: 3rd Ave
Favorite Beaches: Sherman Is, Baja, South Beach, SPI
Style: Freeride
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Rise

Postby bay_area_kiter » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:10 pm

sq225917 wrote:bay_area_kiter.

I'm not sure what you expect from her, should she be giving lessons to every new kiter on every beach in the world?
That's not what I meant.
I was regarding women who already know how to kite and are looking for sponsorship. I'm not saying KB4Girls should sponsor every one of them, but Kristin (or the organization) could connect them to Team Managers from various kiteboarding companies and help promote their career.

Please don't misunderstand me. I think KB4Girls is a legitimate business and encourages more women kiteboarders in the industry, but I don't think Kristin Boese deserves recognition for being the most influential female kiteboarder in the industry. Her time is completely devoted for her own business.

Return to “Kitesurfing”