Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Wyoming and SE Idaho Kite Resource...

Forum for snow- and landkiters
knewschool
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Big Sandy, Palisades, Mud Lake, Jackson Lake...
Favorite Beaches: Waddell Creek, Sherman Island

Snow kite spots are growing fastly and epicly.
Style: Wake, Big loops, Glides
Gear: Ozone kites, Xenon boards, Velocity Twisted, B3 Split Boards
Brand Affiliation: Ozone, Xenon, B3, Twisted
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Wyoming and SE Idaho Kite Resource...

Postby knewschool » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:45 am

This is a Page that my friend Charles has been running, and keeps regularly updated. It's basically a collection of all the good media that our area produces. So if you're interested in coming out, or just looking for some conditions updates I'd suggest checking out some of the content. On the bottom right corner you can see a follow button as well.

The latest update Chaz skins and kites up Targhee Ski Resort before they opened last week. He gets a couple nice lines in there for sure.

Cheers!

http://jhmountainkite.com/

lewmt
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mtns
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Wyoming and SE Idaho Kite Resource...

Postby lewmt » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:55 am

Nice video. Those trees look like an interesting challenge. I'm pretty sure I'd have been climbing a couple for detanglements. Like the combo of 3 sports in 1 outing idea....some skinning, some kiting, some gravity.

Speaking of SE Idaho - If the highway web cam at Botts(Tetonia) shows the coverage they do now - is it likely that Ririe would be a good location this weekend? Looking at the forecast it seems the high elevation options may be socked in and the Biggies not that great with hardened old snow & a good freshening on the way to the Driggs area - seems like a good spot maybe? Also - is it possible to bile back into Darby Canyon at all? Some of the terrain I've seen in pics back by Fossil Mtn looks pretty interesting.

waynepjh
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Ozone edges and c4
Brand Affiliation: Ozone team rider
Has thanked: 0

Postby waynepjh » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:25 pm

It seems like it might be a little to warm for ririe but we are watching it! I really like treasure mt on the south side of teton canyon. The area between fossil and bannon peaks does look sweet! we will have to go up there sometime!

lewmt
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mtns
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby lewmt » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:07 pm

Looking at Targhee snotel looks like that may be the hot spot. Thinking mid/late week next week if anyone else wants to. Orographic effects seem to be in full bloom this year.

Return to “Snow / Land”