I was wrong about North products!

Forum for kitesurfers
Jbrook
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: I was wrong about North products!

Postby Jbrook » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:34 pm

For the record I am not saying I am stoked stuff is more expensive what I was saying is these pads are super adjustable and have great support throughout the whole foot. Also the straps are super adjustable and very comfy. I broke a few bones in my foot and normal pads and straps have been lacking some adjustments for me. In these new ones I am riding as long as I like. Hey ErPresidente you still live at your mommys house you can afford whatever you like right and Christmas is soon. I bet you dont even kite yet, how old are you? Hehehaha 20 knots off to kite. :rollgrin:
Last edited by Jbrook on Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eree
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby eree » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:38 pm

Busdriver wrote:Kite prices are going up here in the US because our leaders are printing money and wiping their asses with it...
aah!... the centuries old salesmans excuse for rising the prices - market situation, oil prices, bush junior, bernanke.
how come company i work at did not rise the prices for four years now along with our competitors?
Busdriver wrote: The cost of doing business is rising and I'm sure margins are pretty tight...
and what the hell do you mean by "cost of doing business"? even higher dividends for Boards & More GesmbH (Ltd) shareholders this year?
and how do you know about their margins? are you affiliated? i think their margins are much more than fine. why else they give away half of the retail price to the shady regional distributors and often ignorant retailers?
Busdriver wrote: On the other hand, I don't know too many people who pay retail. Most I know wait for deals or buy used...
so why do they still publish those ridiculous retail prices everywhere? and for example, i don't see toilet paper prices advertized 50$ for a roll and if you whisper to register ladys ear price drops to buck for the eight-pack
Busdriver wrote:...Thread drift alert! Let's get back to the North stoke...
no, it is you who's highjacking the thread!
the original poster said:
Jbrook wrote:I will be the first to admit when I make a mistake. I recently criticized the price of a few brands increase in pricing from 2012 to 2013, the North products I have tried for 2013 definitely justify the increase in price. You just cannot compare their new straps and pads to normal mortal ones. Also the bar is really really nice. So I was wrong, I was wrong all the way across the chalkboard and all the way down. The new kites I saw are definitely worth the difference in price if you kite alot....
there are not a one word "stoke" there. but there's word "price" mentioned four times.

eree
Very Frequent Poster

Postby eree » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:14 pm

Jbrook wrote:Funny Er Presidente gets my vote for number one troll.
As usual you come and ruin a topic with your misinformation and pinheadpoint of view. Take a good look at these pads and straps from North NKB they have definitely evolved in last 3 or 4 years. So as usual your posts are of no value, sux it. :angryfire: :baby: :jump:
You are President of what your 2nd grade student body?
hei, Jbrook, you started it!
and please read your original post, then think a little, then decide what is less of value:

-your admiring of yearly change of shape and color of otherwise insignificant parts of kiteboarding equipment components
OR
-questioning the unjustified increasing of the kb equipments prices?

and please don't let yourself down to make your post personal. stick to your topic, everybody has an opinion
knotwindy wrote:imagine, people disagreeing on a forum!

Busdriver
Rare Poster
Local Beach: 3rd Ave
Favorite Beaches: Kite Beach, Maui, Kailula,Oahu
Style: Strapped Directional
Gear: Slingshot Revs, Rpms and Liquid Force Havoc, F-one 5'2" fish

Postby Busdriver » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:58 pm

how come company i work at did not rise the prices for four years now along with our competitors?

I don't know but I think you would. You work for them!! Maybe North has something to offer that the other companies don't and people are willing to pay a premium for. Like the footstraps mentioned. Thats what is great about choices! If you don't like someone's product or you think it is to expensive you can buy something else. This thread got turned in the wrong direction. It was started by a guy who was excited about his new gear. If you want to talk about how expensive the brand is start another thread.

Er Presidente
Medium Poster

Postby Er Presidente » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:58 pm

Exactly.
We can go deeper on the reason actually prices this year should decrease, not increase.
Look at price of high end bikes or snowboards. They are actually decreasing not increasing, adjusted for inflation.
R&D is typically the biggest cost that can change prices.
R&D for kite product I believe is flat or maybe even lower YoY.
Kudos go to manufacturers who produce objectively a great product both in terms of performance as well as safety.
So there is no need today to spend millions of dollars on r&d. Product lines are stable and customers are happy.
Therefore, given the very small innovation we witnessed in the past 3yrs, prices should stay stable. Any increase in prices is not justified.
Simple as that.
JBrook if u want to keep insulting people who politely disagree with you, please feel free. At the end of the day what counts for this forum is content, opinion, reviews. I don't deny that reading your futile aggressions is quite entertaining, so keep it coming if it makes you happy.

Jono 111
Frequent Poster

Postby Jono 111 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:43 pm

Comedy gold Er Presidente!

You gave me a good chuckle, thank you. (Especially loved the part about ditching R&D once you've established yourself, brilliant. Advertising should go as well! That's a no brainer too.)

Prices should definitely be going down! This could be kitesurfing's very own Arab Spring - and you could be in charge!

Er Presidente for, er, President !

Or maybe not.

Jbrook
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Jbrook » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:16 pm

Eree and Er Presidente are the same person or are in 2nd grade class together right? The pads and straps stoked me and nothing like riding a session until your whole body is tired, not ending it because your foot hurts. Well I guess in 2nd grade recess is only 15 minutes right girls, so you only ride a short time.

Bottom line there is a price point for everyone, buy the 2013 or take advantage of last years stuff on slae. Just ride and enjoy and when you find something that works for you post about it. Buzz killers are a dime a dozen.

Er and Eree are :rollgrin: to laugh at.

hmattar
Medium Poster
Local Beach: salinas/PA-Brazil
Favorite Beaches: Salinas/PA Cumbuco/CE

Postby hmattar » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:41 pm

Here in Brazil cabrinhas are still more expensive than North.
North products this year are 10% more expensive than last year.

Right now a switchblade 8m is the same price as a rebel 10m.
F-ones are more expensive this year too, but still cheaper than cabs and norths.
Airush is the only one with a better price, but I don't like their kites :(

knotwindy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: baja, gorge
Style: erratic to none
Gear: yes, I use gear

Postby knotwindy » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:58 pm

actually, no, you were not wrong
they may be improved but are still much to expensive for what they are
you are wrong now, though