Forum for kitesurfers
L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .
Has thanked: 0

Re: Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Postby L0KI » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:33 am

:
Last edited by L0KI on Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:57 am, edited 3 times in total.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:47 am

From the movie Dumb and Dumber......the funniest clip...ever..of the doggie bag..karate "showdown"

From what i can tell....Jim Carrey has a surprising amount power ...like of a Core XR2LW 19M tube

.....BS belongs in a doggie bag IMO... :wink: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfGN4bXmlNE

........... :boxing: ......... :duel: ....... :nutkick: ......... :pump:......... :surf: ............... :rollgrin: ................ :wink:

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby tautologies » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:14 am

Oldnbroken wrote:The Utah area kite forum uses nothing but full names, no aliases.
Can't even sign up for the forum otherwise.
What are you girls afraid of?
Your name already exists from many sources on the internet.
Google your name and see what comes up.
I just filed online today (the only way the state wants you to do it) for another Sales and Use Tax Certificate, for one of my shops.
The pile of information they just collected on me is a matter of public record now, same as the last three times I did it.
Nobody but completely off the grid outlaws can be anonymous anymore.
If you've got a mortgage, pay taxes, own a business, have credit established, etc, etc. then you have lots of information about you floating around out there.
lol, that might be the funniest thing i have read in a while...me thinks you no understand technology much? You filed your name online and somehow that translates into okay for Dimitri to disclose the full name of one of his customers in an online forum? Or you have a credit established, and somehow that can be hooked into your profile on KF where you have an opinion about something?

Maybe he should put a disclaimer on his site saying by buying a kite from Epic you acknowledge that Epic can publish your name and location in public forums if you are not satisfied with the product? Or maybe he should have add to his long tagline for the product saying Try an Epic kite and like it or else....we publish your name and location online.

But hey again, it was meant as a piece of advice from my part.

I really think we all have to moderate how we treat eachother online.

btw. I saw awesome documentary on pitbulls on netflix the other day.

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:29 am

There's a football player with my name, so I don't even show up on a google search ;)

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster

Postby L0KI » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:04 am

:
Last edited by L0KI on Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

prayfawind27
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Blu hill, Coral harbour(in front of the little key) Go Slow, Club Med
Favorite Beaches: kite beach Cabarete , Crondon Park Miami
Style: Free style
Been thanked: 0

Postby prayfawind27 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:29 am

well played bro, everyone knows if you come here and talk trash enough Dimitri is going to send you a kite to test, well played!!, I second this shit, and also the EPIC Renages are shit in the surf, yeah! the 7 and 9 are shitty,(P.o.box Nassau bahamas, my ship to address just in case) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rollgrin: :remybussi: :bravo:

Flight Time
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Venice Beach
Skyway Bridge North
Style: Freeride
Gear: 12 Epic Screamer
14 Epic Screamer
12 Liquid Force Havoc
16 Cabrinha Switchblade
Been thanked: 0

Postby Flight Time » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:22 am

prayfawind27 wrote:well played bro, everyone knows if you come here and talk trash enough Dimitri is going to send you a kite to test, well played!!, I second this shit, and also the EPIC Renages are shit in the surf, yeah! the 7 and 9 are shitty,(P.o.box Nassau bahamas, my ship to address just in case) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rollgrin: :remybussi: :bravo:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:41 am

Oldnbroken wrote: hope it was putting them in the good light that they deserve to be in. Animals are innocent, and the domesticated ones deserve to be treated the way we promised we would, when we took them on as our hunting partners and our companions. One of the reasons I have so much more tolerance for dogs than people, is they never lie, they never cheat and they are consistently willing to hold up their end of our bargain.

yeah it was a documentary about how politics have been thrown into it...and then a lot of cute pitbulls.

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster

Postby L0KI » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:13 am

Lots of politics, lots of misinformation from Law Enforcement Agencies (who do not identify accurately), lots of media serving their own interests for career advancement at the expense of the breed, lots of hysteria after the media misinformation.
I have worked with so many of this particular breed in the last four years, and I must say, they are the most stable dogs, and the most forgiving of horrendous mistreatment of any breed I've ever known.
My daughter has a little female that was flown into Austin after the trial and conviction of a guy who had 27 dogs seized from a house in Cleveland, that he was using for a fighting operation.
The dog fighter/drug dealer went to jail, and after the dogs were used as evidence in the court case for three months, the state of Ohio then sentenced all the dogs to death.
Volunteers from all over the country took these 27 dogs and the last 2 came to Austin.
It took seven private planes to get these dogs here because no commercial airline would take these two dogs in their cargo area, in crates.
This female was used for breeding and for bait to train bigger dogs, in this house in Cleveland.
Chained to a barrel in a basement for the two years of her little life.
She is small because she was bred in her first heat, which stunts their growth, and then every heat she went into.
I picked her up at the vets office, the morning after she arrived in Austin, and she spent three days with my Loki (my avatar pic), and after this short time of being pretty shut down, she opened up and began to act like a normal dog on day three.
She has been living with my daughter now for about seven months, and this is the most normal, sweet dog you have ever met, no weird behavior, loves other dogs, loves all children, not afraid of big scary men. Her name is Chula (Spanish for hot girl) and she is a super sweet sparkling little diamond now.
It is just shocking to look at the scars on this little dog, and to see her behavior now, and to think about her former life, and how normal and awesome she is now.
I hope that some day, people start treating all dogs with the respect that they deserve, no more mistreatment and cruelty, and on the other end of the spectrum, no more spoiling them like little human babies.
What is great about dogs is, they give you so much by just being who they are, they don't even have to try.
Attachments
Chula3.jpg
Chula3.jpg (257.03 KiB) Viewed 1136 times
Chula2.jpg
Chula2.jpg (92.95 KiB) Viewed 1136 times
Chula1.jpg
Chula1.jpg (205.2 KiB) Viewed 1136 times

fernmanus
Very Frequent Poster

Postby fernmanus » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:38 am

Wow, this thread has gotten so far off topic, love it!

I participate on the Utah kite forum. We still sling mud at each other, but it is done with much more restraint than on the kiteforum.

As far as Dimitri, posting a customer's name. It may not be illegal, but it was unwise. That is no way to treat a customer, especially a dissatisfied one. You don't win new customers by insulting former customers on a public forum. Sure, you may think that this customer has been unfairly bashing you and your brand, but there are smarter ways to deal with that kind of issue than publishing his name and the content of private e-mails that he sent to you.

I would start with a public apology if I were Dimitri.

Return to “Kitesurfing”