Outer Banks NC USA
Long Beach Ontario
Oliphant Ontario
Style: Kite as much as I can
Gear: On sale
Brand Affiliation: None

Chicken Loop local Ontario Forum

Postby pecmajor » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:49 pm

Do any other Ontario kiters know what ever happened to this site. I found it to be a great local forum with great discussions, buy and sell, local info etc. I miss it a lot. It was hacked last Feb. or so stopped running. I was briefly able to long on early this summer and now whenever I log on I get redirected to a site trying to sell me something. I hope the hacker crooks have not permanently taken over.

Brent4336
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Chicken Loop local Ontario Forum

Postby Brent4336 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:04 pm

Its up and running. has been for a ages. maybe clean out your cache and try again.

bigwave
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Style: Foil and Surf.
Gear: Kites: Slingshot UFO
Foil: Armstrong
Boards:Slingshot DC100
Harnesses: Mystic Stealth
Wetsuits: Mystic
Glasses: Lip
Brand Affiliation: silentsports.com

Postby bigwave » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:32 pm

Brent4336 wrote:Its up and running. has been for a ages. maybe clean out your cache and try again.
From the Google search I just get a redirect. I tried thechickenloop.ca then it opened to the site.

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Postby Laughingman » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:45 pm

Hi there

The site is up and running. I've seen the redirection happen with other links but I have confirmed if you use the link I am providing below you should get to the main page.

http://www.thechickenloop.com/

jbdc
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Ashbridges Bay, ON
Cherry Beach, ON
Hanlan's Point, ON
Favorite Beaches: Hanlan's Point, ON
Cherry Beach, ON
Ashbridges Bay, ON
Delray Beach, FL
Style: Intermediate
Gear: 2012 Pansh Aurora 15m
2010 Slingshot Octane 13m
2011 Cabrinha Crossbow 9m
2012 Ocean Rodeo Rise 7m
2012 Ocean Rodeo Cypher 5m

2010(?) Imagine Surf Fat Fish 5'2"
2011 Nobile NBL 142x42cm
2012 Ocean Rodeo Mako FR 135x37cm

2004 Gaastra Force 14m
2002 Liquid Force Switch 185cm
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby jbdc » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:37 pm

I occasionally get the redirect (usually if I enter the site from a google link); but not if I type in the URL myself.

It's nice that you regulars are able to log in, but anybody wanting to register gets stuck waiting for confirmation of their registration. Since June, I've enlisted the help of a few people to try and get my registration confirmed, PM'ed the owner on this forum, all to no avail thus far.

I might try him on LinkedIn or Twitter next, but don't want to be a dick about such a trivial thing. That said, there's been a bunch of stuff over the past few months I would have grabbed from the Buy & Sell section.

Suggestions, anyone?

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Postby Laughingman » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:09 am

Depending on where you are located, a few of us started a googlegroups mailing list and facebook group. It is specifically geared to SWO Kiters. Originally it was for London and area Kiters but we've seen a lot of growth all over SWO, we have over a hundred members now. Basically we try to find members who are west of Toronto (or really west of the western tip of lake Ontario) and south of Sauble/Oli. So if you fall into this area and want to kite southern lake Huron, lake st Clair, lake Erie and communicate with other riders in the area pm me your info and I will sent you an invite. If you are close to Toronto there are other local groups and/or sites you can join.

Thanks

Pete

Return to “Kitesurfing”