Forum for kitesurfers
windsuks
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf/old school
Gear: Airush/North/Ozone/RRD
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Postby windsuks » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:27 pm

BigPaul wrote:Hi Blast, I would also get on the back of that Demo, I also live on the South coast. Well South East coast. Let me know if you are over this way.

Cheers

Paul
Hi Paul,

just send us an email and we can sort you out a demo kite to try when your ready.

info@blastkiteboarding.co.uk

JamesVegas
Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby JamesVegas » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:39 pm

I'm not sure if anyone can argue with the SUP video. It looks dead calm on the water but whether you would want to kite with a SUP board is another matter.

Most companies claim to produce the best light wind kite. I would love to see the companies going head to head on these claims to back up what they say. Okay, it would be difficult to get two identical riders of equal weight and skill but there must be a way of measuring turning speed (although obviously all big kites defy physics and turn like 12 meter kites), up wind ability, lowest planing speed.

Is this possible? Would Dimitri put his Infinity up against an equal sized (I'm guessing 17m having seen the Infinity) North kite? Any company could enter and then we could know the king of the light wind kite! Well for one season anyway.

Personally I don't really care as I'd never fly anything bigger than a 12m now but if anyone can prove their LW kite turns like my 12m Vegas I'll take one.

Kite2Heaven
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: The whole coastline of Perth WA
Favorite Beaches: Woodies
Safety Bay 'Pond'
Pelican Point
Lancelin
Augusta
Geraldton
Margaret River
Style: freestyle Wake Surf
Gear: Kites - Naish, Bws Surf, Epic
boards - F-One - Axxis - NBL - Shinn

Postby Kite2Heaven » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:44 pm

I really like how all the negative comments from people has made me even more curious about the V 3 and now i want to try one,
So thanks Pumpmeup for the heads up - if it gets me to the other side of a 6knot lull and charging at 10knots. I'll be stoked cause of the light winds in winter and definately buy one.
Cheers bro :)

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:23 am

I'm not sure if anyone can argue with the SUP video. It looks dead calm on the water but whether you would want to kite with a SUP board is another matter.
Most companies claim to produce the best light wind kite. I would love to see the companies going head to head on these claims to back up what they say. Okay, it would be difficult to get two identical riders of equal weight and skill but there must be a way of measuring turning speed (although obviously all big kites defy physics and turn like 12 meter kites), up wind ability, lowest planing speed.
Is this possible? Would Dimitri put his Infinity up against an equal sized (I'm guessing 17m having seen the Infinity) North kite? Any company could enter and then we could know the king of the light wind kite! Well for one season anyway.
Personally I don't really care as I'd never fly anything bigger than a 12m now but if anyone can prove their LW kite turns like my 12m Vegas I'll take one.

Hello JamesVegas, yes that will be great. This is what some of the magazines are doing. Few months ago the SBC KITEBOARDING magazine did the light wind test and had the INFINITY V3 + 9 or 13 other light wind kite companies for them to test. It was blowing (6 to 10 knots) during one of their test. So I can't wait to read the review once it comes out. It should be out soon.
But once again who wants to kite in (2 to 4 knots) on an SUP board!!!! For sure not me, but at least I was able to prove to you its performance in such light winds.

William Munney
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: West Meadow, GSB
Gear: North X-Ride, Airush Sector 60, North Rebels, 6m, 7m, 9m, 12m, 16m

Postby William Munney » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:41 am

Dimitri M wrote:
THIS IS A CASE OF THE POT CALLING THE KETTLE BLACK, IF I EVER SAW ONE.
YOU ARE STANDING IN THE BIGGEST GLASS HOUSE IN THE WORLD AND THROWING STONES.
YOUR EGO IS AS BIG AS ANY I HAVE EVER SEEN ON THE KITEFORUM.
THERE ARE AT LEAST TEN OF THE MOST WELL KNOWN KITERS IN THE WORLD WHO POST HERE AND COME OFF COMPLETELY HUMBLE.
YOU TELL STORIES OF YOUR GLORY DAYS, OVER AND OVER.
YOU TELL STORIES OF YOUR FANTASTIC EXPERTISE NOW AT 55 YEARS OLD.
YOU TELL STORIES ABOUT WINNING BOAT RACING CONTESTS WHEN YOU WERE A TEEN, FORTY YEARS AGO.
YOU TELL STORIES ABOUT HOW YOUR BEAUTIFUL WIFE WEIGHS 104.5 POUNDS.
YOU TELL STORIES ABOUT HOW YOU LIVE 40 FEET FROM THE BEACH.
YOU TELL STORIES ABOUT GETTING 363.5 DAYS A YEAR OF KITING FOR THE LAST TEN YEARS.
YOU TELL STORIES OVER AND OVER AGAIN ABOUT YOUR KITE BEING THE BEST EVER, AND YOU ARE NOT IN BUSINESS, WITH NO NEED TO ADVERTISE OR PROMOTE.
YOU ARE THE BIGGEST DICK MEASURER THAT HAS EVER TURNED UP HERE.
WHO SAID ANYTHING ABOUT ANYBODY TOPPING ANYBODY? ..WHERE DID THAT THOUGHT COME FROM?
..DO YOU FEEL THE NEED TOP PEOPLE, BY CHANCE? IS THAT WHERE THE THOUGHT CAME FROM?
IT'S FINE IF THAT'S WHAT YOU NEED TO DO AT YOUR AGE (you should be long over that by now)...BUT TO SAY SOMEBODY ELSE IS ALL ABOUT ME, ME, ME...IS HILARIOUS.
YOU MAY BE A NICE ENOUGH GUY, BUT YOUR EGO IS EVERY INCH AS BIG A DIMITRI'S AND I'VE NOT SEEN TWO SECONDS OF VIDEO TO BACK IT UP.
WHERE I COME FROM, THAT KIND OF BLACK POT/KETTLE, HOLDS NO WATER.
Whaoooooo...easy Mr.Oldnbroken. I will be at "SupaEZ" beach next week in CoCo Beach Florida doing more EPIC demos and I don't want to get raped.
LOL!

DrLightWind
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Matheson Hammock Park Miami
Favorite Beaches: Crandon Beach, Hobbie Beach, Keys, St. Lucia, St. Marteen,
Style: Old School
Gear: Flysurfer15m and 21m Speed3 DLX
RealWind Mutant 148 X 40 and Directional 190 X 48, F-One TT 128 X35, Dereck Semi Directional 143 X 38 and 177 X 46.

Postby DrLightWind » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:49 am

JGTR wrote: Dimitri when will we see the new Epic chrome cuben fibre kite :lol:
I've already flown it in Miami as the best Best 4 lbs light,
but still couldn't make it down to the 4 knots with my weight :nono:
From over 6 years ago used to be a saying on KF
"if you see a silver Hellfish being flown, you are seeing Fokiten!" :lol:

DrLW

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:47 am

JamesVegas wrote:I'm not sure if anyone can argue with the SUP video. It looks dead calm on the water but whether you would want to kite with a SUP board is another matter.

I don't think people are arguing with the video per se, but it is easy to produce videos where the water is glassy..the guy says it is about 10 mph

http://vimeo.com/46051248

The only real way to test a kite is via the "davesails roulette". We'll put on one over here.

Kiteus Maximus
Medium Poster

Postby Kiteus Maximus » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:42 am

When are you going to do a demo in Tampa/St. Pete? We have nothing but light winds for the next week. You could let everyone compare your LW kite to all the Ozone freaks in Tampa/St. Pete.

DrLightWind
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Matheson Hammock Park Miami
Favorite Beaches: Crandon Beach, Hobbie Beach, Keys, St. Lucia, St. Marteen,
Style: Old School
Gear: Flysurfer15m and 21m Speed3 DLX
RealWind Mutant 148 X 40 and Directional 190 X 48, F-One TT 128 X35, Dereck Semi Directional 143 X 38 and 177 X 46.

Postby DrLightWind » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:54 am

tautologies wrote:I don't think people are arguing with the video per se, but it is easy to produce videos where the water is glassy..
the guy says it is about 10 mph

http://vimeo.com/46051248
I agree, I've been out in 10 -12 mph like that in our 6" water :thumb:
Naish wrote:Design Characteristics:
* The power of an 18 with the turning of a 12
Hmmmm......But here, I noticed the same advertisement slogan,
as from another brand "E" who has been using same patterns for years :naughty: :alarm:
Isn't that a kind of infringing if that trademarked or registered :?: :bad:

It's not really my business if they're friends
and if the other brand "E" likes it, it's OK with me :crossfingers:

DrLW

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:35 pm

Dear Mr.DrLightWind and Mr.tautologies, once again I have nothing to hide. I would never make false promotion because I would not want to come back and bite me in my rear. Every thing you see is true. I have so many people that have witness this event it and could not beleive it. Here is another video in light wind conditions with friends but this time it was blowing between (3 to 6 knots) max. Once again I could never go out on a Twin Tip or Surf board, only on a big 11' SUB board.
Few days later, I took the same INFINITY v2 kite in less then 5 knots and had to swim back because the V2 had a hard time to stay up in the air as easy as the INFINITY v3 prototype in such light winds. But again who wants to kite on an SUP board in less then 4 knots. It is boring but not unless you have friends with you that can share the ride.
:remybussi:

Return to “Kitesurfing”