*


All times are UTC + 1 hour



Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Anyone have a Lightwind Kite for sale?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:26 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:54 pm
Posts: 589
Location: texas
waynepjh,
i sent you a pm about your kite.

very interested


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Anyone have a Lightwind Kite for sale?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:28 pm 
Offline
Medium Poster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2003 6:00 pm
Posts: 187
Location: Liquid Force USA
I have 2012 LF NRG Litebreeze16m- $550 +ship. Complete with control system.

I carry this as a demo for lightwind but I work in high wind areas. Probably only ever pumped up and flown 5-10 times... PM me for interest.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Anyone have a Lightwind Kite for sale?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:01 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2002 1:00 am
Posts: 4091
Location: OUTER BANKS (NC) USA. Owner of EPICKITES
Once again Mr.darippah, you need to demo the kite first before you invest in a kite that you will regret later.
This is the reason why we have the WARNING sign on all our EPIC ads.
You will be very impressed with the V2 INFINITY. I know few EPIC dealers are selling their INFINITY v2 school kites because it is the end of the season. So maybe you can get in touch with them.


Attachments:
demo the kites first before you invest in someting that you will regret.jpg
demo the kites first before you invest in someting that you will regret.jpg [ 47.97 KIB | Viewed 581 times ]
Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Anyone have a Lightwind Kite for sale?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:07 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 2:34 pm
Posts: 1488
I have a 21m Speed3 with the new bar and in LTD colours, (green and black) - all for sale! :)


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Anyone have a Lightwind Kite for sale?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:17 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:36 pm
Posts: 1266
naishdude wrote:
I flew Core19,15 LW, Flysurfer 19 and 21 speed3 speed2 15m, Ozone Edge 13m 2013, Switch Nitro14V2 and 14m Nitro V1. The 2 last ones differ a lot to the benefit of the V2 version, faster, better relaunch in lightwind, less barpressure and no jellyfishing anymore.


Cool. Sorry if you took my questions as me being a smart ass. Wasn't trying to be (this time :D ).
I mentioned the V1 because I was interested in that kite when I was shopping for a LW kite, but had seen some bad reviews so decided against it. Very glad to hear that the V2 is an improvement. I hope Switch can bring some of the other company's prices back down to reality.

So how does the Nitro V2 compare to the other light wind kites? low end, stability relaunch, turning speed etc?

Yeah, I did get a crazy deal from East of Maui for the new Dyno. I couldn't decide what LW kite to get from all the reviews and hadn't been able to demo any of them. When I saw the Dyno at that low of a price I jumped on it. Very happy with it for my use, mostly raceboard riding in <10 knots, also fun on twintip though.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Anyone have a Lightwind Kite for sale?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:52 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:14 am
Posts: 621
Location: outer space
davesails7 wrote:
naishdude wrote:
I flew Core19,15 LW, Flysurfer 19 and 21 speed3 speed2 15m, Ozone Edge 13m 2013, Switch Nitro14V2 and 14m Nitro V1. The 2 last ones differ a lot to the benefit of the V2 version, faster, better relaunch in lightwind, less barpressure and no jellyfishing anymore.


Cool. Sorry if you took my questions as me being a smart ass. Wasn't trying to be (this time :D ).
I mentioned the V1 because I was interested in that kite when I was shopping for a LW kite, but had seen some bad reviews so decided against it. Very glad to hear that the V2 is an improvement. I hope Switch can bring some of the other company's prices back down to reality.

So how does the Nitro V2 compare to the other light wind kites? low end, stability relaunch, The flysurfer is still the best kite in lichtwind water relaunchturning speed etc?

Yeah, I did get a crazy deal from East of Maui for the new Dyno. I couldn't decide what LW kite to get from all the reviews and hadn't been able to demo any of them. When I saw the Dyno at that low of a price I jumped on it. Very happy with it for my use, mostly raceboard riding in <10 knots, also fun on twintip though.


Flying the Nitro V2 14 m amazed me how much lowend it has, this compared to the other much bigger kites which I mentioned.( I myself always on a free raceboard sector 60 v2) Waterstart is pretty impressive too, complete the opposite from the V1 version, which needed all the tricks in the book to relaunch in light winds ( and I mean swimming no ground under the feet) V2, very very stable , fast turning, high boosting long hangtime..

The cores are pretty fast starters if you drop them in light wind, they roll over easy...are pretty good lightwind kites, but also based more for TT riding my feeling

I forgot to mention the Zephyrs I had..not flying far enough forward in the windwindow for a race or freerace board.in my opinion

Ozone Edge
great kite for lightwinds, I get going in 7 to 8 knots with 80 kg when the speeds 21 and 19 are on the water too, mostly with a TT door rider.
Flies upwind like none with massive speed, but is not that fast turning compared to a Nitro or Core. water relaunch also a bit more tricky due to the extreme ratio, the kite looks like a 17 m in length and like a 12m c4 in depth..long and narrow stretched profile, more like a flysurfer speed.

As I do not have to win races ( although amongst other friend cruisers we do little racers)
I do not need the big kites anymore.

My two favorites are Switchkites NITRO 14V2 and Ozone Edged13m 2013
these two kites brought me the most fun.
Not to mention that the board brings a lot and a skilled lightwindhand, makes you saving cost, no need for 21 19 15 etc.. :thumb:

hope this answered a bit your questions.
btw I owned Speed 2, Zephyr 2x, Nitro14 V1, Switch Element13( great kite too but not flying enoygh forward towards the edge of the windwindow, for me)I had range of ozone c4

At the moment I own Ozone Edge, my son Nitro 14 v2, and me again Method 9 7 5m for the waveboards..

cheers dude :cool2:

My


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Anyone have a Lightwind Kite for sale?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:00 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:47 pm
Posts: 2698
Dimitri M wrote:
Once again Mr.darippah, you need to demo the kite first before you invest in a kite that you will regret later.


P.S. Of all the kites i have ever own...i have never demoed one before buying..lucky me i guess

I have been very successful in my great choices.....ZERO regrets


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Anyone have a Lightwind Kite for sale?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:06 am 
Offline
Frequent Poster

Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:13 am
Posts: 315
Location: NW Florida
Sean Walters - aka LTD Kiteboarding on facebook had his SS Turbine for sale last week. Not sure if he's sold it or not.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Anyone have a Lightwind Kite for sale?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:56 am 
Offline
Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:08 pm
Posts: 400
Location: Venice, Florida
SupaEZ wrote:
Dimitri M wrote:
Once again Mr.darippah, you need to demo the kite first before you invest in a kite that you will regret later.


P.S. Of all the kites i have ever own...i have never demoed one before buying..lucky me i guess

I have been very successful in my great choices.....ZERO regrets


Then clearly you may not have made the right decision, having not compared your kite to it's peers. You may have preferred one of the kites you did not try. You have no regrets because you don't know what you may be missing. Duh. :nutkick:

It is undeniably in a rider's best interest to demo as many kites as they can before making a decision.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Anyone have a Lightwind Kite for sale?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:06 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:36 am
Posts: 8752
Location: Oahu
Flight Time wrote:
Then clearly you may not have made the right decision, having not compared your kite to it's peers. You may have preferred one of the kites you did not try. You have no regrets because you don't know what you may be missing. Duh. :nutkick:

It is undeniably in a rider's best interest to demo as many kites as they can before making a decision.


but how do you do that though? Not all companies offer that, and not everywhere. I certainly do not want to demo a kite and then have to pay return shipping if I think the kite suck ass.


Top
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], mbuckley, Yahoo [Bot] and 16 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group