Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Soooo..anyone think ISAF is corrupt?

Forum for kitesurfers
lander
Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Soooo..anyone think ISAF is corrupt?

Postby lander » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:36 am

ronnie wrote:
The other point I was making was that there never actually was a majority of them in favour of kiting - ever.
Well in May the votes where 17/19 in favour of kitesurfing, that was why it got selected.

Then the big discussion was about boxrule vs onedesign. And when this was in favour of boxrule, the hole discussision went back to windsurfing vs kitesurfing.

We all know how much power Neil Pryde (with Cabrina as a sub brand) has. I will not Get surprised if the Cabrinha was selected as the one design brand, Then kiting would still be in.

Yes. I think it is damm corrupt to refere to the subjekt.

wdric
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby wdric » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:41 am

I reckon it dont mater about all this stuff, just keep on racing, the sport will grow and speak for itself.
The word around the club at sail Melbourne was most were impressed with kite racing, it is only a mater of time, I would say 2020 if my vision was good :thumb:

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:19 pm

but Rio will be much better then any other place...it is Rio! Imagine the view you will have while you race!
Just sad for our fellow racers!

And good if they want boxrule...then better stay out of Olympia if not...every brand should have the chance to be in it. One design you can do in sailing, not kiting!

lander
Frequent Poster

Postby lander » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:44 am

Toby wrote:but Rio will be much better then any other place...it is Rio! Imagine the view you will have while you race!
Just sad for our fellow racers!

And good if they want boxrule...then better stay out of Olympia if not...every brand should have the chance to be in it. One design you can do in sailing, not kiting!
Could not had said it better

dawind
Rare Poster
Gear: Zian Aquila 10m, 12m, 14m
Crazyfly 127cm, 136cm
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby dawind » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:02 pm

Yes, absolutely corrupt :angryfire:

lander
Frequent Poster

Postby lander » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:47 am

Here is what the Danish Sailing Association find remarkable regaring the decision, in a note of the year of sailing 2012:

"The Annual General Meeting 2012 was also very special. It was very positive that there were 106 participating nations at last time 84 nations. BUT you have to be aware that one of the presidential candidates had flown a lot of representatives in from a number of countries that have never previously participated in ISAF's work or general meetings, and we almost certainly do not see in ISAF contexts the next 4-8 years.
So this process means hopefully that ISAF would reconsider how to optimize the process of selection of Olympic events and equipment, as sailors, sailing unions and the outside world not again be witness to the changes, less than 4 years before the Olympic Games. "

So my question is - Why had one of the presidential candidates flown representatives in? Was there a corrupt financial gain for him for this action? And if so, who could be behind this?

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:35 pm

Don't we all know things were corrupt?
We do.
Time to move on and at one point they will want us, since we are the fastest growing and cheapest, most fasciating sailing sport out there. Look at the sailing events...we are the show!

But then WE should set the rules, and not get dictated.

Return to “Kitesurfing”