mikelet
Frequent Poster
Style: Yes
Gear: Yes
Brand Affiliation: No

Feedback on F-one Signature and North Wam

Postby mikelet » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:33 pm

Hello!:
I recently broke in half my current board for strapped conditions,so i'm after a new one.
I narrowed my search to this models:
F.one signature 6,0" 2013/2012
North Wam 6,0" 2013
Can any of you owners give me please some feedback on this boards please,no matter if 2012 model,just to know how they handle for strapped riding at speed,early planning??,fast or slow boards??,if they feel well rail locked on wave faces and bottom turns,also if weigth is correct or bit too much,and durability of construction (heel dents,cracked rails,etc...?? )
Any info is appreciated.
Thanks

mikelet
Frequent Poster

Re: Feedback on F-one Signature and North Wam

Postby mikelet » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:50 am

Nobody owns/tried one of this boards :?:

meerkite
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Western Australia
Favorite Beaches: Mauritius, West Australia
Style: Freeride
Gear: Ozone REO's + Bandit 6 - 7m + BWS Drifter and Mulcoy
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby meerkite » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:15 pm

Hi Mikelet,

I have a 2012 f-one signature 6'0, I ride it with one front strap, but will probably remove it ASAP, and ride it strapless, the build quality is top notch, would be hard to fault it.
Rides very well. I can post some pictures of it if you want?
It is well glassed as it comes out of the FireWire factory. I would imagine it would be hard to break one. Try get a demo on one if you can.

I also ride a 5'9 bws drifter which is an epic board for mushier smaller waves.
Hope this helps.

mikelet
Frequent Poster

Postby mikelet » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:36 pm

Hello meerkite!:
Thanks for your answer,it's difficult for me to get a demo for an f-one here as it's not a very common brand at my spot...
It would be very useful for me if you post some pics of the rockerline and the rail edges at the tail..
(i can't understand why most brands just post a picture of the top and bottom of the board in their websites :nono: ...i don't want to purchase the board just for the look,i need to see the rockerline and volume please !!).
Also can you comment me if threre's only one insert position for the straps ore there are some of them to play a bit with footstrap position...??
Do you feel in control at higher speeds with the board,or it feels like "woobles/skip" in the tail ??

Regarding North Wam, i doesn't also get my hands on one ,but unlike f-one i'm more familiar with North products and quality,it only worries me the construction as i readed or heared somewhere there's some issues with painting or delamination in 2012 models,it's that true??

It seems that these days,all brands are making boards the same way :roll: ,stingerless EPS with bamboo or PVC sandwich,boards maybe are flexier but i'd rather prefer a board with central wood stinger for strapped ride,i think it's way more durable and breakage proof...

cglazier
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Naish, Flysurfer, Alpine, Moses

Postby cglazier » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:41 am

I have the North WAM 2012 and it rides really nicely. No issues with quality, it is holding up very well. There are other riders here with 2012 North directionals and I don't know of any delamination problems.

The WAM has several positions for footstraps and you can ride it with 3 or 4 fins.

:wink: CG

mike holmes
Medium Poster

Postby mike holmes » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:03 am

The Fone signature is my favorite.
It is well built, rail to rail is nice, turns really stable and doesn't loose to much speed.
I ride the Signature from 16 knots up to 35 knots.
If i were you i would also check out the Xenon Vidra/Prisma

meerkite
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Western Australia
Favorite Beaches: Mauritius, West Australia
Style: Freeride
Gear: Ozone REO's + Bandit 6 - 7m + BWS Drifter and Mulcoy

Postby meerkite » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:28 am

Some photos of the 2012 F-one Signature 6'0.
Needs that strap removed.... :nono:
Hope this helps with your decision. :D
IMG_0142.JPG
IMG_0143.JPG
IMG_0146.JPG
IMG_0145.JPG
The BWS Drifter is also a nice board, very different ride than the bamboo.
IMG_0148.JPG

Séb
Frequent Poster
Gear: Flysurfer, Core, Shinn, Moses, Horue

Postby Séb » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:59 pm

I saw an F-One Signature two weeks ago while in a kite trip and the board looks awesome! I might get one as well ;)

mikelet
Frequent Poster

Postby mikelet » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:41 pm

Hey meerkite!,thank you very much for the pics :D they're perfect.It's what i needed to see of the board!(rockerline,rails,inserts)...
I agree with Seb also,the look of the board is awsome !!
Fits exactly for what i'm looking for, quad fin /futures,narrower shortboard outline,squash/round tail,not so much rocker just a good entry...
I don't know if it's possible for me to get the 2012 version,i saw the 2013 has some minnor changes as a mini swallow tail,and they say to be tougher/stronger construction (same as every season,every brand) :D
Anyway will try to wait little time,if i'm able to find more info or pics on the new North Wam 2013.
It's hard to make a decission and spend the money,cause if i don't like the board later you'll always be regreting and thincking that the other one must have been better.

You're well assorted also with the BWS drifter,a nice fishy wider outline for lighter winds,i have a Wainman Gambler for that matter.The way i see it, two boards quiver (at least) for diferent conditions it's a must :thumb:

mikelet
Frequent Poster

Postby mikelet » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:18 pm

Well, let me introduce you, my new tow in board for higher winds and big waves !. Get a very good deal at my local shop for a new 2012 signature,that i can't resist melting the card.
have it from this afternoon,love the peaceful moment at home you set the hardware "straps/fins" :D
What can i say,the board it's what i expected from the pics and even more,very nice quality. :heartface:
and...OMG ,best thing is tomorrow we have a rare very good forecast to try it intensively. :jump:
Here's some pics,straps and fins are not the original ones,I use almost the same set with minnor changes in every board i own.
Hope this one last as time as possible!

Return to “Kitesurfing”