SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm
Has thanked: 0

Re: Anyone have a Lightwind Kite for sale?

Postby SupaEZ » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:08 pm

tautologies wrote:
Flight Time wrote: Then clearly you may not have made the right decision, having not compared your kite to it's peers. You may have preferred one of the kites you did not try. You have no regrets because you don't know what you may be missing. Duh. :nutkick:

It is undeniably in a rider's best interest to demo as many kites as they can before making a decision.
but how do you do that though? Not all companies offer that, and not everywhere. I certainly do not want to demo a kite and then have to pay return shipping if I think the kite suck ass.
Well said Tauto !
I see so many people .....undecided all the time... who cannot make decisions without A DEMO

I kinda feel sorry for them...because life goes by for them...while i am out riding the fun LW

It should be real simple...and it really is...for me anyway..knowing my type wind and water i ride

For example when i buy a car (by the way so many brands similar to kite choices)..
....i know what i want...do not demo or even test drive...i just buy and enjoy ...the ride

Life choices without demos.....some people just know what is best.... for them

From my wife (who loves kiting)...to our condo location (near to ocean surf..and not the gulf of Mex.)
From my workplace near home....to my boss..to my work hours (off by mid-aft.)

My life is filled with correct decisions...i follow my heart
I have no regrets because in my life....nothing feels missing...i am thankful to be so fortunate

...except for the wind :-? that has been very variable lately this month so far

Been out 3 times...and the wind (10kn) backed off while on the water to 5-6kn (kite did not fall in)
So far this month...17 minutes of riding !!!
1st sesh...2 minutes.........2nd sesh...10 minutes.....3rd sesh...5 minutes

I still feel blessed to have gone out...i am an eternal optimist...glass half-full type :D

Quality wind (that last longer) :wink: will be back ...it is just a matter of time :thumb:

....................... :surf: :sun: ................................................................................................................

coleman
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby coleman » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:32 am

Hey Supa,

Been seeing your posts for a while now and 80% seem to be a jab at epic and dimitri even though sometimes the thread has nothing to do with epic. In this case there is some relevance but you seem fixated on epic.

You have spoken out quite a bit about dimitris videos but I can tell you that I have never seen a video with a kite flying in such little wind as shown in the v3 infinity video. To me it was impressive and well done. Obviously it was to show that the kite can fly in very very light wind. Nobody is going to go and kite in that but to have a kite fly in wind where the water is glass is impressive. Gradient exists everywhere. The video was made to show the stability of the kite and anyone with half a brain can see that the kite flies in very very light wind.

But To you the video was some sort of fraud. You seem hell bent on proving dimitri wrong.

I hope that you have the courage to appear at your own kitebeach with your unsurpassed knowledge when he shows up for a friendly comparison. Or maybe it's no friendly. I don't give a f***. I just want to see you not wuss out.

Coleman (my real name)

Wisha
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Whyalla, Henley
Gear: CORE

Postby Wisha » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:21 am

I'm selling my Core 19m XR2 LW - $1100 AUD?

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:32 am

Hello Mr.darippah.
I received your private message about demoing the INFINITY V2 kite and immediately responded to you few days ago but did not get a response back since then. Let me know as soon as possible if you still want to demo the kite because I do have a waiting list for the INFINITY V2 demo kite and I am trying to organize things around to keep every body happy with the demo.

Flight Time
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Venice Beach
Skyway Bridge North
Style: Freeride
Gear: 12 Epic Screamer
14 Epic Screamer
12 Liquid Force Havoc
16 Cabrinha Switchblade

Postby Flight Time » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:32 am

tautologies wrote:
Flight Time wrote: Then clearly you may not have made the right decision, having not compared your kite to it's peers. You may have preferred one of the kites you did not try. You have no regrets because you don't know what you may be missing. Duh. :nutkick:

It is undeniably in a rider's best interest to demo as many kites as they can before making a decision.
but how do you do that though? Not all companies offer that, and not everywhere. I certainly do not want to demo a kite and then have to pay return shipping if I think the kite suck ass.
Exactly, not everyone offers that. They should, though. I would gladly invest a hundred dollars or more in return shipping for trying out 4 of the best contenders to settle on one that I like. It's downright foolish to outright buy something that costs 1,500- $3,000 that you have never laid eyes or hands on, in hopes that it will be exactly what you are looking for. Even if you drive somewhere to demo something, you are spending money for the gas to drive. Dimitri is willing to spring to ship it to you, so he is taking the same hit you are.

This is elementary logic, everyone! Can't spring for $25 to try something out? Are you sure you can afford a $2000 kite?

darippah
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2011
Weight: 165
Local Beach: New Jersey, USA
Style: Hydrofoil big air
Gear: Sonic 3 13m , Soul 7 and 10m

Postby darippah » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:46 am

Thanks guys. Ended up jumping on a used 21m speed 3 hooked up through Séb for $1900.

Drimtri, thanks for your kind offer. I'd love to try your kite alongside the speed 3. so yes, please keep me on the waiting list :)

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:15 am

darippah wrote:Thanks guys. Ended up jumping on a used 21m speed 3 hooked up through Séb for $1900.

Drimtri, thanks for your kind offer. I'd love to try your kite alongside the speed 3. so yes, please keep me on the waiting list :)
First foil?

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:25 pm

All the pleasure is mine Mr.darippah.
Seb is one of our select EPIC dealers. So you are in good hands. Enjoy your new kite. But once again if you want something more alive that turns on command then you should try the INFINITY V2.
Last edited by Dimitri M on Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

darippah
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2011
Weight: 165
Local Beach: New Jersey, USA
Style: Hydrofoil big air
Gear: Sonic 3 13m , Soul 7 and 10m

Postby darippah » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:22 pm

Kamikuza wrote:
darippah wrote:Thanks guys. Ended up jumping on a used 21m speed 3 hooked up through Séb for $1900.

First foil?
Nope I've had the HQ Matrixx 15m.. Great kite but need something with better low end

knotmyfault
Medium Poster

Postby knotmyfault » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:46 pm

Wow big bucks for a used kite,,, 1900 ??? R u serious ? I guest it's like new,,,
IMo the Core 19 was a real deal at 1100.. But not my business

Return to “Kitesurfing”