Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm
Has thanked: 0

Re: Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Postby SupaEZ » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:49 pm

Until we have photos and video from 321Kiteboarding...i will wait a bit for detailed comments :D

I do have some video entertainment in the meantime... :happybirthday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFbW2C9Imb8

One thing is for sure....we both hit it off...and killed it in such onshore ocean light wind :remybussi:

......................... :surf: :sun: ..................................................................................................................

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SupaEZ » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:02 pm

One more VIDEO about s**t kiteboarders say :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgWCUP0QBLE

:duh: :cheers: :mosh: :cheer: :strong: :peng: :bravo: :fans: :desperado: :happybirthday: :giveup:

KYLakeKiter
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Kentucky Lake (Tennessee) Standing Rock Cove and Big Sandy
Favorite Beaches: Who needs a beach? Just give me some open water.
Style: LeeRoyyyyyy Jenkinnnnnnns!
Gear: All kites are cool !
Boards are like music. Everyone likes something different.
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby KYLakeKiter » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:24 pm

Dimitri M wrote:Guys,
I know you are anxious to know how the kites did perform in these light wind conditions. Will have a video very soon so you can make your own judgment on the performance of these kites in such light winds.
Once again, I did not have an SUP board to go and kite in 4 to 2 knots so we had to wait for the wind to pick up at least 6 to let's say 8-9 knots max to be able to plan on these on shore winds.
But so you know, both of these kites "INFINITY V3" and "CORE 19" were going back and forth.
Now let's all enjoy dinner for tomorrow's demo. :thumb:

That must be FUK-ME's sister's restaurant you are standing in front of :lol:

Séb
Frequent Poster
Gear: Flysurfer, Core, Shinn, Moses, Horue

Postby Séb » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:18 pm

Oldnbroken wrote:Why 27 meter lines for the Core kite?
With 19 square meters of cloth, I would think there should be no need for 27 meter lines, makes a comparison a little difficult.
Michel is already at 16 pounds less rider weight.
I assume both kiters were on the same board at least, right?
For LW kiting it help to have extension lines. On the Core the lines are 24m + 3m extension so it look like he had 27m which is perfect. I think the question should be ask the other way, why Dimitri did not take the time to install the 5m extension to also have 27m?! And of course if you want to make a fair test they both need to be on the same board at the same time. I have already made few times this comparison between the Infinity V2 and the XR2 19m on 27m lines and both are good LW kite with some differences at various points. Of course the best thing for anyone looking to buy a LW kite is to test for yourself because there is also your own personal taste that influence and the condition in which you will kite....do you need more raw power, more turning speed, faster/easier relaunch, drift, etc...

The Captain
Frequent Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby The Captain » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:28 pm

I'm sure they are both very nice. And a good excuse to travel and get a session in with some new people.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SupaEZ » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:07 pm

KYLakeKiter wrote:So what happened? After all this hype, the showdown at Cocoa beach finally happens and no comments? No discussion of gradient wind? No head to head comparisons with the Core 19m, and how one flew relative to the other in the same wind on maybe the same board? Come on. Give us some details. The public must know! :?:
Be patient..we want to word it just right...nobody got a black eye or a bloody nose...all is well :D

If you come down to Cocoa Beach tomorrow you can ask us directly :thumb:
The wind should be with front passing NNW to N 15-18kn...he is staying in town through Thursday

............................................. :surf: :sun: ..............................................................................

UKSurf
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Coast of UK
Gear: Liquid Force impulse Foil, Slingshot SST Wave

Postby UKSurf » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:18 pm

I am sure it will come down to personal preference. It seems kitesurfing has reached a point where most brands are making good kites, it is about trade offs and how the characteristics suit your style of riding. Some companies certainly make much better bars than other brands though.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:50 am

Poster: Séb
For LW kiting it help to have extension lines. On the Core the lines are 24m + 3m extension so it look like he had 27m which is perfect. I think the question should be ask the other way, why Dimitri did not take the time to install the 5m extension to also have 27m?! And of course if you want to make a fair test they both need to be on the same board at the same time. I have already made few times this comparison between the Infinity V2 and the XR2 19m on 27m lines and both are good LW kite with some differences at various points. Of course the best thing for anyone looking to buy a LW kite is to test for yourself because there is also your own personal taste that influence and the condition in which you will kite....do you need more raw power, more turning speed, faster/easier relaunch, drift, etc...
The answer is very simple. I did not bother putting the 5 meters extension lines because I had enough power on the INFINITY v3 with the 22 meter lines I was using.

On the other hand I decided to spend one more day here in Cocoa Beach FL in order to be able to kite on Thursday for the strong N winds. So today was another very light wind day, and decided to get a 9'9" SUP board and was able to surf in the ocean using the INFINITY V3 in (3 to 6 knots) while few other guys were just SUPing. (videos coming soon)
Attachments
SUP in 3 to 6 knots .jpg
GOPR6744 2.jpg

DrLightWind
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Matheson Hammock Park Miami
Favorite Beaches: Crandon Beach, Hobbie Beach, Keys, St. Lucia, St. Marteen,
Style: Old School
Gear: Flysurfer15m and 21m Speed3 DLX
RealWind Mutant 148 X 40 and Directional 190 X 48, F-One TT 128 X35, Dereck Semi Directional 143 X 38 and 177 X 46.
Been thanked: 0

Postby DrLightWind » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:47 am

SUP in 3 to 6 knots
Did SUPaEZ or other creditable witness that,
or anybody else who could ride in that with your set-up :?:

Otherwise it's a good progress reading it in my hotel in Austin :thumb:

DrLW

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:18 am

Hello Mr.DrLightWind,
There was no wind at all so I decided to just go SUP in the ocean and catch some waves and get some exercise. So I went to a Surf Shop and rented an SUP board & a paddle. Every body else had to go back to work including Mr.SupaEZ. So I had the beach for myself plus few surfers and few other guys that were on some SUP boards.
Any way, these are some of the comments I got from the FACEBOOK about today's session on the SUP board and the INFINITY v3 in very light winds while having fun in the ocean catching waves.
FACEBOOK

William Willard.
I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see it with my own eyes. Amazing
24 minutes ago · Like
--------
Orlando De.
This is. 9.9 rogue board
13 minutes ago · Like
--------
Jeroen Tump.
That's the whole problem. Explaining others dimtri is telling the truth about that kite. When you only can believe it yourself because you saw it.
11 minutes ago · Like
--------
Holly Ramsey · Friends with Nick Ziegler
Wow
28 minutes ago · Like
And that was 32 minutes ago.

Return to “Kitesurfing”