Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Renegade "Infinity V2" light wind machine.

Forum for kitesurfers
Flight Time
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Venice Beach
Skyway Bridge North
Style: Freeride
Gear: 12 Epic Screamer
14 Epic Screamer
12 Liquid Force Havoc
16 Cabrinha Switchblade
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Renegade "Infinity V2" light wind machine.

Postby Flight Time » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:29 am

Dimitri M wrote:So In few words once we are done testing the V3 prototype, the INFINITY V3 production should be even better then the V3 INFINITY prototype that people have been testing. Don't you agree Mr. toyletbowl
:thumb:
Thing is, making a big deal about a kite being a prototype and not set in stone is almost pointless. It's not like in a couple months of refining the newest model it's going to turn from a Ferari into a 1975 Pinto. Would it be fair to say, Dimitri, that any changes in the V3 are going to be geared into making it better at being a low wind kite than it is now? If yes, than comparing it to a current production model is perfectly fair.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:06 am

What I want to know is how the Infinity demo went with Supa EZ and 14Toeside?
Hello Oldnbroken I have not been on the East coast of Florida yet for the EPIC demos. Will be conducting these demos starting December 11th to the 18th from Coco beach all the way down to Miami. But our next demos will be in the Keys at Anne's Beach depending the direction of the wind on December 1st & 2nd.
Attachments
FLORIDA EPIC DEMOS.jpg

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:40 pm

Testing the INFINITY V3 prototype in stronger winds to see its performance. Since we know already how good it performs in (2 to 4 knots) on the SUP and (6 to 9 knots) on a Twin Tip or Surf board.
Did few adjustments on this newer V3 prototype to improve its high end performance, and so far so good. :thumb:
Attachments
Dimitri with INFINITY V3 & OXYGEN.JPG

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:13 pm

Hello guys,
This is another FLORIDA EPIC DEMOS starting on December 10th.
So come and join us at The Kite Surf Place at 7 pm for food and a good time.

Address:
2709 East Atlantic Blvd.
Pompano Beach FL.
Tel#: 954-785-7788

The demos will start in CoCo Beach on December 11th. So come on and see what the INFINITY v3 prototype is all about.
Attachments
FLORIDA EPIC DEMOS FL DEC 10-16.jpg

Dj A-Ron
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cass Lake MI
Port Huron MI (Lake Huron)
Metro Beach MI (Lake St. Clair)
Harsens Island MI (Lake St. Clair)
Favorite Beaches: Tawas MI (Lake Huron)
Oscoda MI (Lake Huron)
Little Sable Point MI (Lake Michigan)
The Flats (Key West)
Anywhere in Cape Hatteras
Kite Beach (Maui)
La Ventana (Mexico)
Barkers (Grand Caymen)
Style: Freeride/Freestyle
Gear: Kites: Epic Renegade 9m 3G, Airush Lithium 12m & 14m, Blade Fat Lady 17m

Boards: Epic Droid, Oxygen, Spartan, Airush Cypher 5'6"
Been thanked: 0

Postby Dj A-Ron » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:12 am

Hey Dimitri,

Would it be possible to have multiple attachment points on the production model V3 so one could adjust the bridle connection points to broaden the kites wind range? I like how my buddies Wainman kites have the adjustments.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:32 pm

Hey Dimitri,
Would it be possible to have multiple attachment points on the production model V3 so one could adjust the bridle connection points to broaden the kites wind range? I like how my buddies Wainman kites have the adjustments.
Hello Mr.Dj A-Ron,
All my prototypes have at least (12) different attachment points on the LE, in order to us to find which one is the best one for the production run. I did this also with the Screamer 10 ltd (2011) and had (3) different type of attachment points on the LE, but then had few customers playing around and made the kite not fly as good as I wanted. So we stop doing that. But who knows maybe I might add (1) extra attachment point on the INFINITY v3 and this will give it more up wind capability but not as stable depending what you are looking for.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:35 pm

This is a kiter who drove from Canada for some warm weather and had the chance to demo the INFINITY V2 kite in (9 to 12 knots) on a prototype Twin Tip board 137x43cm few hours ago, here on the Outer Banks NC "USA".
Any way getting all the gears ready to fly to Ft. Lauderdale for the FLORIDA demo starting tomorrow.
Attachments
DSC_0010.jpg

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:13 pm

This video was filmed in Cocoa Beach during our EPIC demos, but the wind did not cooperate as good as we wished but still had a great time in the water.
I think you guys will be very impressed with the performance of the INFINITY V3 kite in such light breeze. :allbegood:
For sure, I could not of done this with out an SUP board and would like to thank the "EPIC BOARD SPORTS" store here in Cocoa Beach FL for letting me borrow one of their 9'9" SUP boards so I can kite in such light breeze.
I was barely moving on the water until I was catching these small waves. The video will give you an idea of the conditions and how much fun I had on the SUP board.

YOUTUBE

VIMEO

davesails7
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 75 kg
Local Beach: Virginia Beach
Style: Race
Gear: ML B3
R1V2 11. VMG 13, 15, 18
OR Mako 130x35

Postby davesails7 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:36 pm

Flight Time wrote:Would it be fair to say, Dimitri, that any changes in the V3 are going to be geared into making it better at being a low wind kite than it is now? If yes, than comparing it to a current production model is perfectly fair.
The final kite could be better or worse. If the prototype is made really light and it falls apart after a month, then the designer has to add reinforcements and the kite gets heavier. Not sayin that is or will happen here, but its definitely a possibility.

Look at the Best Hellfish. Apparently it was a great prototype, great for lightwind, but the things blew apart!

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:57 pm

The final kite could be better or worse. If the prototype is made really light and it falls apart after a month, then the designer has to add reinforcements and the kite gets heavier. Not sayin that is or will happen here, but its definitely a possibility.
Look at the Best Hellfish. Apparently it was a great prototype, great for lightwind, but the things blew apart!
Hello Mr.davesails7,
Nothing will change on the final production INFINITY V3. The final production will have the same material, same reinforcements, same everything then the "Yellow" on that you see. Actually I already have the almost final production one ready with me and it is the same one then the "Yellow" prototype that you've see on the videos and pictures, but the color combinations are totally different then the Yellow color or the blue one from the V2. Actually some people have seen it already in action during the NAPLES Florida demos I did 3 weeks ago.
The reason you are not seeing the INFINITY V3 graphics right now is because I just want to keep it a secret. Why do you think I have not release the video I did in Naples during the light wind demo!!!!

Return to “Kitesurfing”