Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Forum for kitesurfers
Pump me up
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: Inflatables

Re: Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Postby Pump me up » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:31 pm

UKSurf wrote:There seems to be alot of very new people joining the forum who are extremely pro Epic in this arguement. Seriously stop trying to BS people, it isnt going to work. Someone comes on the forum saying his LEI kite can fly in 2-4 knots when most people cant even fly ram air lightweight kites in a force 1 what do you expect?
Totally agree. Not to mention quite vicious in their attacks on SupaEZ. I smell a rat:

Kiteus Maximus: Joined 12/12. 20-30 posts. Claims to have kited hundreds of sessions, claims to know wind and kites intimately, claims to be from Portugal, has a good command of English (despite slightly retarded efforts like "seeded" instead of "seated", and 90% of posts support Epic kites.

av_dumitrascu: Joined 9/12: 20-30 posts, 90% about Epic kites.

Geronimo79: Overtly admits Epic affiliation.

Kite2Heaven: Joined 7/3/11: 20-30 posts, 90% about Epic kites. Attempts to disguise his posts with obviously deliberate but inconsistent spelling mistakes. Has an *amazing* knowledge of kites & the workings of this forum for one so new to it.
Kite2Heaven wrote:Sorry to mess your addoring posts up guys... But im not that 'push it up behind me dude PMU !!!
Like i said lets keep things in perpective... None of you demand Speed trap tests for boards or Wind tunnel tests for your kites even though there Marketing HYPED to be from all previous years !!!!
Where is all your technical Proof i wonder ????
Look at our faster turning kite they say... But just show a dangle dork or surfer ripping a wave - what the fark happened to the kite ???
So all in all - for example... when you bitch about someone who can fly a kite in 2 knots - you should personally be armed with test equipment and Front Up... to prove them wrong - or your just jacking off behind a keyboard on a net forum again.
A mate once said to me that his kite is old slow n crap, i fronted up.. got on his gear - megalooped as high as ive ever jumped and slashed a few waves and handed back his 2004 gear !!
So if your jump/trick and surf and Lightwind skills arent right up there and have never "Fronted" for a Demo... Then your all just blowin out your arse again...
Have a nice in perspective day again wont you :)
Kite2Heaven wrote:PMU - you really are stupid if you are resorting to walking backwards with a kite !!!
Since when has any kite in History been tested and approved by a team of experts as a true representation of wind strength 'other than those blowin out there ass'..
And since when has any kite brand ever, called up an airbase / Naval or government facility when there soughting out wind range tests for your favourite kite - can you guess what they hold in there hands ??? Probably not from your mentality ! Also can you please explain to me why at the local Nav base about 4 km down the beach they had 15-24 knots but we only had 7- 10 on three hand held windmeters different brands. !!! So you can kiss your more or less theories goodbye because its always adjusting to suit huh - idiot ! If theres at least two handhelds on s beach... then thats good enough and 100% local to that spot !! Otherwise "ALL" wind readings are BULLSHIT just like yourself !!

BWD
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BWD » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:47 pm

From my spot with a sensor a mile out, I know it's easy to vary 2-3 knots over a mile distance.
10 miles?
Figure it out...
...and wind gradient increases with wind lift over developed shoreline.
So 300m in front of condos at the beach, 15m up in the air, the wind may be 6, 8, 10 knots while on the beach with a handheld meter it is 5, 7, 8 knots.
Interesting is that nobody cared to put a windmeter up at the kite, either a fancy recording one or a cheap one with a gopro pointed at it.
It's like nobody involved even wants to know what the conditions are or how the kites work.
Keeping it all subjective, no hard numbers,
would you buy something if the seller would not tell you the price?
Not an auction, mind you, just "hand over the credit card and we will see if it goes through"
That sounds like a good way to sell a kite that has no size, and works in a wind range that is measured from a sensor miles away...
the holes in the claims are so obvious, nobody even put up this old graphic yet....
wind gradient.gif
wind gradient.gif (106.96 KiB) Viewed 2038 times
I wonder, is the v3 inf in ity kite still 14.8 square meters, or is it a little bigger now :gulp: :nob: :no1: :yumyum: ?????

coleman
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby coleman » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:05 am

BWD wrote:From my spot with a sensor a mile out, I know it's easy to vary 2-3 knots over a mile distance.
10 miles?
Figure it out...
...and wind gradient increases with wind lift over developed shoreline.
So 300m in front of condos at the beach, 15m up in the air, the wind may be 6, 8, 10 knots while on the beach with a handheld meter it is 5, 7, 8 knots.
Interesting is that nobody cared to put a windmeter up at the kite, either a fancy recording one or a cheap one with a gopro pointed at it.
It's like nobody involved even wants to know what the conditions are or how the kites work.
Keeping it all subjective, no hard numbers,
would you buy something if the seller would not tell you the price?
Not an auction, mind you, just "hand over the credit card and we will see if it goes through"
That sounds like a good way to sell a kite that has no size, and works in a wind range that is measured from a sensor miles away...
the holes in the claims are so obvious, nobody even put up this old graphic yet....
I wonder, is the v3 inf in ity kite still 14.8 square meters, or is it a little bigger now :gulp: :nob: :no1: :yumyum: ?????
yes gradient exists, but let me ask you this.....when you show up to a kite spot and you are debating what kite to put up, do launch a wind meter up into the air with a gopro attached so you can get the "true wind speed"????

clearly not, wind readings at the ground level is perfectly sufficient because this is where we take readings 100% of the time and this should a standard in arguments like this. it does no good whatsoever to nit pick about gradient. gradient exists everywhere. that much is a given so lets just use the ground readings and move on.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:13 am

Are you guys serious!!!! Do you guys have the time to kite at all!!! Or seat behind your desk arguing the wind speed. Come on... get off your computer and you will see what the wind really is.
I have proved what I can do in less then 6 knots in Cocoa Beach. Check in the video and you will see that I am barely moving on the SUP board that I had to borrow. It is the same concept when standing on the beach in 3 to 6 knots flying the kite. If it wasn't for the SUP board, I would have never been able to do what I did on the video. If it was blowing 7 to 10 knots I could of used the REEF 5'7" surf board or the OXYGEN V2 Twin Tip. But I knew that was not a good choice to use these 2 boards because I would never been able to stand up and and get going.
But you have to understand, this is not for every body. These guys that you saw on the video that were SUPing on the water were kiters also, and they could not beleive what I was doing on the SUP with the INFINITY v3 kite in such light breeze. Once I got to the beach, I did ask one of them if he wanted to give it a try on his SUP board. His answer was that he did not feel comfortable riding in such light winds and found hard to beleive that I was actually able to kite in these conditions.
By the way Mr.Pump me up, I will send you the INFINITY v3 kite for you to demo it and see it for yourself what the kite can do in these kind of conditions. So please send me an email, and make sure to test it in less then 5 knots of wind on the beach. Venturing in the water might be a little tricky so try it first on land. You know how to reach me.
:bye:

Now concerning kiting in (4 to 2 knots) on the SUP board with the INFINITY v3. This was possible in the sound which is flat water with no much current at all. Which makes it much easier for balancing yourself. And the reason we knew it was blowing 4 to 2 knots was because the Kitty Hawk Kites store building has a wind meter above the roof on a pole approximately 40 to 50 feet above the water and that wind meter was reading (high 4.7 mph and low 2.3 mph) so I rounded to (2 to 4 knots). On the ground there was probably 0 knots because even the 21 meter Foil kite could not be inflate that day. I did ask the owner of the kiter once I got out of the water why he did not put his 21 meter foil kite up in the air!!!! His response was that he had no wind to fill out his chambers. He also told me that his foil kite was much heavier then most of the inflated kites and he was not a good SUP guy and that did not look fun to him.

Now arguing about the kite flying in 2 knots... I agree, the INFINITY V3 can't not stay up in the air more then 4 seconds in 2 to 0 knots. Take a look at the video bellow, I tried to launch it in piratically no wind and it did not work. Then we went to another beach which was on the ocean side and the wind picked up between 3 to 5 knots. So we flew the kite on the beach testing its performance for a while. Then once the wind pick up to 8 knots we decided to get in the water.
Any way the video bellow says it all.
Also for your information the INFINITY V2 that we have now would not be able to stay up in the air in 4 to 2 knots. I have tested it.
Also I don't know why other big kite companies have not design such an incredible light wind kite!!! Possibly because of their designer or probably the fact that I am more involved with my customer base. Now you know the secrets or our success.
Once again I am not hiding any thing. What you see is what you get.
:thumb:

Last edited by Dimitri M on Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

ZigZag
Medium Poster

Postby ZigZag » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:29 am

@ Dimitri: Very impressive video! Not many kiteboarders who can do that, because

1. They don't have an Infinity V3
2. They don't have your insane kiteboarding skills.

Just imagine how many more Infinities you would sell if you re-packaged them as a kit: "Buy an Infinity from me, and I will give you a free bottle of Dimitri tablets. Take a tablet half an hour before you begin a light wind session. You will enjoy light wind flying skills for the next 3 hours." Seriously, if I were in the market for a LW kite, I would buy one from you. That video is an excellent showcase of it's abilities.

@ NJOY: You sound like a sore loser. I am glad you are married to that pompous SUPAEZ fellow. You deserve each other.

@ PMU: This post back-fired, didn't it?

Kiteus Maximus
Medium Poster

Postby Kiteus Maximus » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:30 am

Pump me up wrote:
UKSurf wrote:There seems to be alot of very new people joining the forum who are extremely pro Epic in this arguement. Seriously stop trying to BS people, it isnt going to work. Someone comes on the forum saying his LEI kite can fly in 2-4 knots when most people cant even fly ram air lightweight kites in a force 1 what do you expect?
Totally agree. Not to mention quite vicious in their attacks on SupaEZ. I smell a rat:
Whatever dude. This written exchange between you and I and the other posters is a prime example of the universe returning the negative energy you put out there. I am that energy coming back to you. You created me. If you don't like me then stop creating me.

Think about it before your paranoia consumes the last remaining ounces of your grey matter. Confront the issues you obviously have regarding Dimitri. I've never met the dude but if I had to gauge the character of a person based solely on the strength and content of their posts on an Internet board then Dimitri wins.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :bye: :bye: :bye: :bye: :bye: :bye: :bye: :bye: :bye: :bye: :bye: :bye: :bye: :bye: :bye: :bye:

NJOY
Medium Poster
Style: freeride
Gear: gear

Postby NJOY » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:04 pm

ZigZag wrote:@ Dimitri: Very impressive video! Not many kiteboarders who can do that, because

1. They don't have an Infinity V3
2. They don't have your insane kiteboarding skills.

Just imagine how many more Infinities you would sell if you re-packaged them as a kit: "Buy an Infinity from me, and I will give you a free bottle of Dimitri tablets. Take a tablet half an hour before you begin a light wind session. You will enjoy light wind flying skills for the next 3 hours." Seriously, if I were in the market for a LW kite, I would buy one from you. That video is an excellent showcase of it's abilities.

@ NJOY: You sound like a sore loser. I am glad you are married to that pompous SUPAEZ fellow. You deserve each other.

@ PMU: This post back-fired, didn't it?
Dear ZagZig:

Que? Lose what? Sounds like someone lost their sense of humor. Sorry, but I don't take this stuff too seriously. Supa and I do deserve each other. He is a great guy...knows how to have a lot of fun and is very positive like Dimitri. I think if they lived nearby each other, they would be great friends.
Here's a little vid for your enjoyment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItiIsEgC3Wc

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:15 pm

Image[/quote]

THE BLUE LINE ON THE GRAPH..is the wind speed while he was in on the "water" that afternoon

WHEN THE WIND IS SOUTHERLY" totally sideshore" the WATER has wind but is totally GLASSY

THAT ONE MILE stretch of beach between 4th N (where he was) and 5th S (where i live).................
.........i have windsurfed it 17 years and kitesurfed it 13 years : total of 30 years

THAT in itself gives me some CREDIBILITY on my claim that in fact it was "9kn" when he rode

Dimitri actually estimates the wind speed the way he SEES IT....through his own EYES

SO IN A WAY....since he BELIEVES...what he sees....he is NOT lying...or BSing anyone

I WILL GO INTO DETAILS MORE about that OR WILL STAY QUIET..if he admits that i am correct

He is NOT going to come to MY beach and give KF INNACURATE wind speed information

I AM A TRUTH SEEKER....he is a TRUTH STRETCHER..(and i discovered the reason why)

AS you can SEE after all i did for you during your visit...i am not so happy with what you are saying

YOU keep saying you have nothing to hide.....but in fact there is ONE thing you are hiding

.............................................................. :surf: ............................................................................................

ronnie
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ronnie » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:39 pm

The speed of the SUP looks high for 2 to 4 knots of wind. At one point Dimitri is riding a wave away from the wind, the kite doesn't seem like its being worked hard and its staying up there.

The thread is basically showing that proving what a kite flies in is near impossible.

The best comparison would maybe be to have kites flying side by side and compare one kite to the other, and there is a bit of that at one point in one of the videos - albeit with different weight fliers and different line lengths.

Clydeo
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Big Bay, Cape Town, South Africa
Style: Surf, Freestyle, Cruizing
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Clydeo » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:19 pm

Surely you have other activities to keep you busy when the wind is 2 - 8 knots?

If not maybe go find some! Paddling, surfing, SUPping, hell even golf!

Clyde Thomas
http://www.actionadventurecapetown.co.z ... tesurfing/

Return to “Kitesurfing”