Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Posterior Tibial Tendonitis treatment ?

Postby Westozzy » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:51 am

Okay knowledged dudes out there. Self diagnosed myself ( seeing a podiatrist on Monday), think I have the above conditions, although I feel it may be moving towards tendonisis as it has become chronic.

The tendon is inflamed, (have had problems for years) and with all the icing, anti inflammations, jim kids orthotics in shoe, after two weeks hasn't settled down like it normally does. Spent most of this time of it due to an intercostal strain to.

Quite flat footed, I think the collapse of my arch is putting pressure on my tassel tunnel, pinching my lateral Plantae nerve, which in turn is effecting the Sural nerve on the outside of foot. I know this as after the initial ins and needles what has been left is numbing down the outside of the foot all the way up to the little toe. If I press on the where the tassel tunnel is ( on inside of left ankle) it sends a little pain up the left side to the little toe.

Basically I'm afraid after all these years tendonisis or degradation of the posterior tibial tendon is now in place.

Normally my routines which are quite thorough drop the inflammation but no improvement!

Any advice guys, especially what I can do in the next few days to get the damn inflammation down.

I will do just about anything.

Help!

tony montana
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: naples fl
Favorite Beaches: naples fl
Style: waverider
Gear: north
Brand Affiliation: north nash cabrina any kite with a safety system that works i mean works
Been thanked: 0

Re: Posterior Tibial Tendonitis treatment ?

Postby tony montana » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:47 pm

check out on net IGF-1,AND with your doctor.hope this helps TONY

jb8431
Rare Poster
Local Beach: sherman island
Style: freeride, freestyle
Gear: core kites

Postby jb8431 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:02 am

You didn't state how you injured this originally or what agravates it. However, 2 weeks is not enough to calm imflamed tissue down when repeatedly re-injuring an area. The area injured may have become diseased from repeated flare ups/injury and never fully healed. My best advice to people is rest and continue anti imflamitory treatment with heat and ice. But most importantly rest the injured area. Most people don't rest an injury long enough to heal and contine to damage tissue while the area is still inflamed and easy to injure more. Rest it....rest it. Stop doing everything you can that agravates it. Give it a couple months at least without stressing it. This is hard for active people, but is necessary for it to heal if it's not extensively diseased now.

polarstorm
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Sauble, Santa Rita, Valmitao
Favorite Beaches: Santa Rita, Valmitao
Style: Freestyle
Gear: Cabrinha (little goat)
Been thanked: 0

Postby polarstorm » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:51 am

Westozzy wrote: Quite flat footed, I think the collapse of my arch is putting pressure on my tassel tunnel, pinching my lateral Plantae nerve, which in turn is effecting the Sural nerve on the outside of foot. I know this as after the initial ins and needles what has been left is numbing down the outside of the foot all the way up to the little toe. If I press on the where the tassel tunnel is ( on inside of left ankle) it sends a little pain up the left side to the little toe.

Basically I'm afraid after all these years tendonisis or degradation of the posterior tibial tendon is now in place.

Normally my routines which are quite thorough drop the inflammation but no improvement!

Any advice guys, especially what I can do in the next few days to get the damn inflammation down.

Help!
Hi I just went through something similar last week and am 100% now. In fact I had a session on monday riding waves, and the few sessions before that it was intolerable.

I'm attaching the pic of where my pain was, I've marked up in red the pain points.. as it was on the outside of the foot and I think you're saying yours was on the inside? My tissue was inflamed for 2 weeks, I was hoping it would go down, nothing.

Anyways inflamation is part of it, but not going to cure it, I went to this chiropractor lady that I always have gone to since high school for dislocated shit and she always fixes me up, she's in her 80s now, but she has magic hands, I had a half an hour session and she basically realigned the nerves with the tendons and then wrapped it.

The inflamation goes down after that, because the nerves are no longer being extended or pinched. I didn't even have to tell her anything she just had a f'n look at my foot, I couldn't believe it.. then she squeezed the area right above the toe next to the pinky and that was painful, I didn't even know that that part was hurting, and all the way half way up the font calf, I couldn't believe it.. she massaged the nerves and tendons back in place. Then she asks me to do full foot rotations on the spot, all the pain was gone right there! Touching all the spots where that were pain points, no pain.

I couldn't do it when I sat down on the bench. Sometimes things just have to be put in place. In our sport we're dealing with a lot of force, especially if you ride aggressively or conditions are aggressive (big breaks, etc.)

What I'm saying is that you may be able to walk it off, but if its serious enough you may have something out of place, that's why the inflamation is there, your body telling you something is not quite right.

I go to her because she works, one session, sometimes two, is shit pops back out again (which is common if you let it go awhile the entended nerves/tendons try to accomomdate to the new place).

Hope you find someone who can do that for you... posterior, anterior, the point if something is off, you need to get it back on in its original place. Good luck!
Attachments
tendons.jpg

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012

Postby Westozzy » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:03 pm

Yep that's looks it, but on the left foot. Yeh went to a Chiro twice that I trust, and no banana.

Think the dude above is right in that this has been a recurring injury and it has reached a point where the arches have really collapsed. The nerves are getting smashed in there.

Rest and treatment is really the only option. Although I will be seeing a podiatrist on Monday and will get myself some proper orthodics.

But the season has just started this part of the world. Thing is it doesn't hurt when I kite, if I slow things down a little and just free ride. It's after.

Must admit been taking some natural antiinflammtaries as well as fish oil and the old voltaren and it seems to be easing a little.

But you are right it needs rest. Not yet.

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:34 pm

Eppo-I recommend two things:
1. Stop getting older
2. Find the fountain of youth

:D :D :D :D

I hope that it eases up for you, sucks to have one more thing that hurts when you wake up in the morning. Good luck man.

Return to “Kitesurfing”