Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Renegade "Infinity V2" light wind machine.

Forum for kitesurfers
Geronimo79
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride
Gear: Epic Kites and Arise and Hyperflex
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites and Arise
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Renegade "Infinity V2" light wind machine.

Postby Geronimo79 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:36 pm

@ Davesails

the epic prototype kites are always build like a production version. just with basic graphics. The real V3 will look pretty nice.

davesails7
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 75 kg
Local Beach: Virginia Beach
Style: Race
Gear: ML B3
R1V2 11. VMG 13, 15, 18
OR Mako 130x35
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby davesails7 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:02 am

Geronimo79 wrote:@ Davesails

the epic prototype kites are always build like a production version. just with basic graphics. The real V3 will look pretty nice.
Sounds good! Just pointing out that questioning if a prototype will perform like a production kite isn't too far fetched. If every prototype was exactly like the production kite, then what would be the point of the prototype? :D

Geronimo79
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Geronimo79 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:17 am

Well i would call a testkite a prototype. because its not 100% sure yet this would be an keeper. Often there are several prototypes to be tested. But all are build like a production model.

Your point is valid however i know from some other brands there prototypes are from a lesser quality and often no reinforcements which makes the kite lighter. I know for epic the kites are made as they would in production.

Flight Time
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Venice Beach
Skyway Bridge North
Gear: 12 Epic Screamer
14 Epic Screamer
12 Liquid Force Havoc
16 Cabrinha Switchblade

Postby Flight Time » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:24 am

I think it would be fair to say the production run will equal or better the prototype in most or all areas in which the kite is stated to, and made to excel. Otherwise, there would be no point to a protype at all. A prototype is an initial attempt made to test various configurations toward reaching the stated goal. A prototype lightwind kite will not turn into a production wakestyle kite without a clear restate of the objectives.

Séb
Frequent Poster
Gear: Flysurfer, Core, Shinn, Moses, Horue

Postby Séb » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:41 am

I had one of the first Racer prototype 17m. I have also flown in Hatteras the latest version. The prototype I had had a lot of bridles attachments points to be able to see if a slight change could improve it or not. But the overall construction of the kite was exactly like a final version. By the way this is an incredible racing or hangtime machine :thumb:

Flight Time
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Venice Beach
Skyway Bridge North
Gear: 12 Epic Screamer
14 Epic Screamer
12 Liquid Force Havoc
16 Cabrinha Switchblade

Postby Flight Time » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:21 am

Séb wrote:I had one of the first Racer prototype 17m. I have also flown in Hatteras the latest version. The prototype I had had a lot of bridles attachments points to be able to see if a slight change could improve it or not. But the overall construction of the kite was exactly like a final version. By the way this is an incredible racing or hangtime machine :thumb:
Exactly as it should be, but some people think that the prototype light wind kite is going to turn into a production golf ball. :lol:

Geronimo79
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Geronimo79 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:56 pm

Flight Time wrote:
Séb wrote:I had one of the first Racer prototype 17m. I have also flown in Hatteras the latest version. The prototype I had had a lot of bridles attachments points to be able to see if a slight change could improve it or not. But the overall construction of the kite was exactly like a final version. By the way this is an incredible racing or hangtime machine :thumb:
Exactly as it should be, but some people think that the prototype light wind kite is going to turn into a production golf ball. :lol:
:rollgrin: :rollgrin: :rollgrin: :rollgrin: :rollgrin: :rollgrin: :rollgrin: :rollgrin: :rollgrin: :rollgrin: :rollgrin: :rollgrin: :rollgrin: :rollgrin: :rollgrin: :rollgrin: :rollgrin: :rollgrin: :rollgrin: :rollgrin:
that was funny

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:43 pm

The Ultimate fighter (UFC) "Antonio Rodrigo "Minotauro" decided to get some epic kites after demoing them. He wanted to take the the INFINITY V2 for his light winds conditions in Brazil but we were sold out. So he tried to squeeze one out of my personal ones.
http://www.ufc.com/fighter/minotauro-Nogueira

P.S. I let him win by the way.
Attachments
fightkitesurf 016.jpg

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:01 pm

Kiters testing the performance of the INFINITY v3 in 11 to 16 knots to see the high end of its abilities. Both of them really liked the performance of the V3 kite in these conditions 11 to 16 knots, which is too much for the INFINITY v2 or v3 but still can manage it using a smaller board.
The current was very strong (+- 4 knots current) so they had a hard time to stay up wind on 14m kites. But with the INFINITY V3 they had no problem at all. Actually one of the kiters did not want to go back out in the water. So his friends convince him to demo the INFINITY V3. Guess what!!!! We had to wave him out of the water.
We know how good the v3 is in less then 6 knots and we know how good the v3 behave in 16 knots. Now I need to test it in 18 knots and then we are good to go.
:thumb:
Attachments
2.jpg
DSC_0471 12.jpg
DSC_0459 2.jpg
3.jpg
DSC_0464 10.jpg
DSC_0446 4.jpg
holding the INFINITY V3 prototype in 11 to 16 knots.jpg

KYLakeKiter
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Kentucky Lake (Tennessee) Standing Rock Cove and Big Sandy
Favorite Beaches: Who needs a beach? Just give me some open water.
Style: LeeRoyyyyyy Jenkinnnnnnns!
Gear: All kites are cool !
Boards are like music. Everyone likes something different.

Postby KYLakeKiter » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:20 pm

Of all the exotic beaches and places you may have seen the V2 and V3 tested, I am sure this is the most unlikely (and maybe uninteresting) one. Dimitri sent me a V2 to try out on a trip I am taking on the 27th. He sent it early so I would get it before the xmas shipping rush. After seeing this video, he might rethink sending kites earlier than needed. :lol:

With too much time on my hands, no wind, and a cow pasture at my disposal, I decided to do my own "Redneck V2 Testing" There really was no wind most of the time, and I had to wait around for some 4 and 5kt puffs just to get the thing in the air. It did get there, and it was entertaining to see just how light the wind could be while I nursed this thing through the air. I was impressed, and Dimitri assures me that had this been a V3 we would have had even better results.

Looking forward to actually trying it in the water later this week. :bye:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJI6pgB4 ... e=youtu.be

Return to “Kitesurfing”